Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

997 GT2 or NEW Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
Lambo all the way. Easier to track as well!

Old 12-15-2008, 09:02 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I must be the only one who gets annoyed at "easier to track" "easy at the limit" comments that have taken over the enthusiast world. Race cars arent easy to drive, I want something that's more like driving a race car, thereby differentiating driver ability and not electro wizardry. Not saying I want a 60' muscle car handling, but something that ONLY combined with excellent driving gets results, and otherwise your an average schmoe. Something that seperates true drivers from posers, and makes you respect it at all times.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I thought the purpose of people tracking cars was to emulate what they saw on T.V. in GT racing, and to get as close to that feel as possible. This easy to drive is taking over all the cars, before long everything will be, AWD, Sequential, and Remote control from home. Makes me sick.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:07 PM
speednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of light
Let's try looking at it from a different view(totally different..lol). compare the cars to a man's suit.

Porsche=Armani suit..very debonair,classy but low key(stylish)

LP 560=Versace..loud but extremely stylish

Both suits are a great purchase but will serve a different purpose.

Which suit best represents who you are?

I did say it was a different view...

Old 12-15-2008, 11:33 PM
ihatepotholes is infamous around these partsihatepotholes is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by speednme
Let's try looking at it from a different view(totally different..lol). compare the cars to a man's suit.

Porsche=Armani suit..very debonair,classy but low key(stylish)

LP 560=Versace..loud but extremely stylish

Both suits are a great purchase but will serve a different purpose.

Which suit best represents who you are?

I did say it was a different view...
i guess you are talking about off the rack suits not bespoke suits... in that case neither Armani or Versace are that great... give me a Brioni

Old 12-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I must be the only one who gets annoyed at "easier to track" "easy at the limit" comments that have taken over the enthusiast world. Race cars arent easy to drive, I want something that's more like driving a race car, thereby differentiating driver ability and not electro wizardry. Not saying I want a 60' muscle car handling, but something that ONLY combined with excellent driving gets results, and otherwise your an average schmoe. Something that seperates true drivers from posers, and makes you respect it at all times.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I thought the purpose of people tracking cars was to emulate what they saw on T.V. in GT racing, and to get as close to that feel as possible. This easy to drive is taking over all the cars, before long everything will be, AWD, Sequential, and Remote control from home. Makes me sick.
The reason its popular is because not everyone is a pro-driver on a daily basis. Some drivers don't want a complicated car to drive, some do. You get what you like, but it shouldn't be annoying that something is easy to track. Reason why the GTR seems to be so popular with the magazines.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Surprised some early comments didn't take into account the major revisions to the LP560.

I would choose the Lambo as a "daily" choice, no question. Being able to lay all that power down is priceless.

Even the GT2 is a pretty extreme track car, but the GT3 RS I would guess is better balanced and more predictable power delivery.

All of them, are simply awesome.

And for the record, many race cars are EASY to drive (I didn't say racing is easy). The R8/R10 comes to mind.....

Originally Posted by heavychevy
Eh, Steve Millen is a known dud in RWD cars. Hell, he ran faster in a GT3 RS on that same track. And he drove both of the road courses. He is only really any good in AWD, so that is not a good comparison. I can assure you the GT2 did not get it's proper driving with Millen doing the bulk of the driving on the big tracks.
Are you confusing him with Rhys? Steve Millen made his CAREER winning in RWD race cars...

Lambo is faster.

Does this site allow polls? Have multiple questions:

Lambo for track?
Lambo for daily?
Porsche for track?
Porsche for daily?
Lambo is faster?
Porsche is faster?

Last edited by Deuuuce; 12-16-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:52 AM
substance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud of
test drive both... have you done that yet?

Old 12-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by substance
test drive both... have you done that yet?
Who me? Do I need to jump off a roof to know how hard I'm going to hit? I've driven a Gallardo but only a passenger in a 996 GT3.

Only a measured test will tell me (or 99.9% of us) which one is quicker in a straight line or around a road circuit after just a test drive.

But 11.8 @ 121 vs. 11.2 @ 129.5mph is a big difference. The Porsche, on it's best day ever, powershifted, might hit an 11.4 but no faster than 125mph....