Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Just had the whole car wrapped in Venture Shield....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 05:46 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
I would go about doing the same thing. There's no other paint like Lambo paint! I have a question though, is there a concern of the film yellowing or fading??

Old 04-10-2008, 06:49 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Hey shank- can u put back the old avatar, that girl was insanely hot!

Old 04-10-2008, 06:51 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Stryke
Awesome car man. I'll take a guess and say $5K for install?
Not even a third of that. Maybe in FL and CA, but not here.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:53 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jpvarghese
I would go about doing the same thing. There's no other paint like Lambo paint! I have a question though, is there a concern of the film yellowing or fading??
They said if the car is left out in the sun most of the time, it will turn yellow after a year. Also if you consistently wax over it, it will yellow from the carbons in the wax. THey said just to use PLEXUS plastic polish after EACH wash, and itll be fine for a few years. I dont mind redoing it every year if I have to. I got it for many reasons. Super high speeds, getting keyed by haters of the world, etc...

Old 04-10-2008, 07:22 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great....so how much?????

Old 04-10-2008, 07:41 AM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Wow that's cheap. Here my friend did his Murci just on the front end and part of the sides and it was $4K.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:13 PM
lager99 is infamous around these parts
Never seen that...cool...

Old 04-10-2008, 12:15 PM
kennyjr748 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SHANKENFELTER

wow... I wish I didn't just read this... Damn the high CA prices for everything (Houses, Cost of Living, and now wrapping cars !)

Old 04-10-2008, 12:19 PM
kennyjr748 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jpvarghese

no concerns on yellowing if you have a yellow car

Old 04-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kennyjr748
no concerns on yellowing if you have a yellow car
HAHAHAHA good one man. That got me laughing. Jeez Stryke, that's quite a bit your friend paid, but then again everything in New York is overpriced!

Old 04-10-2008, 02:24 PM
tom03lightning is infamous around these parts
They said if the car is left out in the sun most of the time, it will turn yellow after a year. Also if you consistently wax over it, it will yellow from the carbons in the wax. THey said just to use PLEXUS plastic polish after EACH wash, and itll be fine for a few years. I dont mind redoing it every year if I have to. I got it for many reasons. Super high speeds, getting keyed by haters of the world, etc...
Losing to Random Infiniti's on the highway hehehehehehe had to shank lol..

Old 04-11-2008, 12:24 AM
geeman14 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DarioTexas
Shank - I don't understand bud ... You don't keep your cars long enough for this product to make sense ... after a couple thousand miles the amount you lose in value for a couple rock chips during the sale won't recoup the cost of the shield? ... Am I wrong? ...

I have a bra on my car and although it's almost invisible I feel like the front is just missing that WOW factor after a good cleaning that the non-bra paint has.

But I could be way off and The Shank is keeping this one.
One rock chip on your hood could cost around $15K to get fixed properly. Since you have to repaint the hood, you also have to blend the whole front end of the car. I know people that had to do this, and it isn't cheap. I wrapped the front end on my Diablo and don't regret it for a minute.

G

Old 04-11-2008, 10:32 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
cost?
It is a great idea IMO - I actually never knew it could be done!

Old 04-15-2008, 07:03 AM
schackman69 is infamous around these parts
Very nice.

They came out to my house and did my Gallardo about a year and a half ago.

I did the entire front of the car, the front fenders, rockers and rear fenders for $850.

The Plexis cleaner/wax is great. It was originally used for motorcycle sheilds...did a great job of keeping the G clean.

SM

Old 04-15-2008, 07:26 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
nice, never knew about that.