Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

My Murcie is now a SV (AWD system delete)!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Banned
Maciej@RPM is infamous around these parts
I assume that after this entire process was completed you had the cars suspension adjusted to compensate for the removal of the forward drive line?

Old 05-11-2008, 02:01 PM
D.Wiggs is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Maciej@RPM
I assume that after this entire process was completed you had the cars suspension adjusted to compensate for the removal of the forward drive line?
Yes, we started with the Diablo SV setup as a starting point and tweaked from there. The whole car sits about 1/2" lower than stock and the only thing is now could use, especially as I go forward, is a functional wing due to the fact it's 300lbs. lighter than stock and has another 200+lbs. to go. That little stock wing in the back just won't cut it when the car is this light with this much more power!!!!

Old 05-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Banned
<Maciej> is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
Yes, we started with the Diablo SV setup as a starting point and tweaked from there. The whole car sits about 1/2" lower than stock and the only thing is now could use, especially as I go forward, is a functional wing due to the fact it's 300lbs. lighter than stock and has another 200+lbs. to go. That little stock wing in the back just won't cut it when the car is this light with this much more power!!!!
Just realized it was you from the other thread

You should go for the IMSA body kit setup, would definitely look clean and stylish in black.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:24 PM
mvorkinn is infamous around these parts
wow, first time i've heard of this kind of mod. I would very much like to see a launching movie And btw, your murcielago looks awesome!

Old 05-12-2008, 04:46 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Hmmm, nice...

Old 05-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by <Maciej>
Just realized it was you from the other thread

You should go for the IMSA body kit setup, would definitely look clean and stylish in black.
I am getting the new SV when it comes out so I am not going to mod mine with body stuff; however, on the SV, I might do a custom front piece to run like a 285 or 295 up front!

The IMSA allows for a 265 instead of the stock 235 (on 19s) or 245 (on 18s).

Old 05-13-2008, 03:52 AM
dilancer is infamous around these parts
Awesome Jeffrey! Gotta take it out to the track and tell us how it feels compared to it with the AWD system one of these days.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:03 AM
Banned
FAST 911 is infamous around these parts
never seen that done

Old 05-14-2008, 10:18 AM
VIPERKILLER is infamous around these parts
Thats just crazy!!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:41 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome thread and great mod to the Murcie.......but where are the videos of the back end hangin out? A drift? .....shoot, id settle for a few donuts in a parking lot!

Old 05-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Awesome thread and great mod to the Murcie.......but where are the videos of the back end hangin out? A drift? .....shoot, id settle for a few donuts in a parking lot!
+ 1

Old 05-14-2008, 11:27 AM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
This is very cool! I had no idea you could do this on a Murci! I also didn't know about the aftermarket wheel problems on them.... hmmmmm... thats not good at all!

Is there any kind of workaround for this other than removing AWD or getting aftermarkets of the same size?

Old 05-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by daedalus
This is very cool! I had no idea you could do this on a Murci! I also didn't know about the aftermarket wheel problems on them.... hmmmmm... thats not good at all!

Is there any kind of workaround for this other than removing AWD or getting aftermarkets of the same size?
Yes, you go 19 front, 20 rear. You just have to keep the overall ratio (of the outer diameters of the tires) within the safe 'range'.

A 235/35/19 Front and 345/25/20 rear tire will always keep you safe.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:55 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
^^^ Thanks!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by daedalus
^^^ Thanks!
No prob!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Murcie is now a SV (AWD system delete)!