Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

modular Concept Wheels. Black / Yellow. what do you think??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Banned
360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr.PS
Who makes 360forged wheels and where are they made?

Who makes HRE wheels and where are they made?

Who makes m-concept wheels and where are they made?

I personally would have trouble paying $10k for a set of wheels that are made in China. ..
I think it's safe to say that all of the above mentioned wheels are made in the USA. 360 Forged wheels uses only US made materials, and manufacturing. The only product purchased outside the US is our titanium fasteners which are manufactured in the UK.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:44 AM
legacy305 is infamous around these parts
That's cool

Old 07-18-2008, 12:12 PM
vago5150 is infamous around these parts
COR wheels are definitely not mass produced, and they are manufactured in the US as are most other companies. Quality control is very much in effect, as these companies would not be in business if the wheels were not manufactured correctly. Lowenhart, Maya and Brabus are wheels that are all manufactured oversees and shipped as a complete wheel to the US.

There are also a few companies that cut the centers for their competitors, such as the parent company of Modular Society manufacturing Forgiato and GFG.

As for HRE, they are the oldest, most respected company in the business. While they manufacture their own centers, they still purchase their barrels from other vendors that spin the rim halves. Everything is not finished in-house either. Their centers are chromed in Mexico, since it is better quality due to lesser environmental restrictions. I am not sure on their other finishes, but they were using outside vendors for brushed some time ago.

There is nothing wrong with who machines the centers. As one user put it it, comes down to marketing your product and perfecting fitments for each vehicle. Anyone can start a company, but it is extremely difficult to make money if you don't have previous customers, fitment information and product knowledge. My 2 cents worth...or more.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Bezzletine is infamous around these parts
This thread is interesting.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Jay Slay has a spectacular aura aboutJay Slay has a spectacular aura about
even when I worked in the wheel industry...The guy who owns Modular Society, Danny...who also had rights to AutoCouture..made Asanti, GFG..and many others wheels...

people can buy their own cutting machines and produce their own finishes...most chrome is done in California...painted and etc can be done at anybody shop...but what does it matter?

Companies like 360, Modular and every other wheel company spend their own money to market, advertise and try to stay very much hands on in the products they sell with their name on it..I applaud that.

It's these cheap 1pc cast wheels that are made in China and sold are high prices because of name like Giovanna.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:19 AM
hdm
Banned
hdm is infamous around these partshdm is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jay Slay
even when I worked in the wheel industry...The guy who owns Modular Society, Danny...who also had rights to AutoCouture..made Asanti, GFG..and many others wheels...

people can buy their own cutting machines and produce their own finishes...most chrome is done in California...painted and etc can be done at anybody shop...but what does it matter?

Companies like 360, Modular and every other wheel company spend their own money to market, advertise and try to stay very much hands on in the products they sell with their name on it..I applaud that.

It's these cheap 1pc cast wheels that are made in China and sold are high prices because of name like Giovanna.
Now you are one person that nows the game.. I truly agree with what you are saying.

What did you do for modular society?

Old 07-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Jay Slay has a spectacular aura aboutJay Slay has a spectacular aura about
I didn't work for Modular...but when Danny was pushing his AutoCouture line and first coming out with the Modular family of brands...he visited our NY office to talk to us about production for our 3 pc wheels. I used to work for Donz Wheelz...not a massive company by all means..but I did get into the "know" with who makes what for who and etc. Went to SEMA 3yrs in a row when we had our booth. I left there like 3.5yrs ago, and since then they sold the company to new owners who own Rennen and Donz...they are doing a better job because they have more $$ to drop into the brand. They also have their own cutting machines on site in NY..but most of it is still done in Cali.

I used to sell to alot of the big shops out there and even those that had their own private 1pc labels..A small icestuous industry..for sure.

I just don't understand why people try to charge all this money for these 3pc wheels. I understand supply and demand with hoops/barrels and etc..but sometimes it gets out of control. The 1pc thing again like I said before...The amount of Containers WTW (Giovanna) company buys...the price of a 20" cast chrome wheel is probably costing them around 100-110 a wheel..maybe less now.. + the standard shipping and other overheads...but the time it hits the retail guy...6-800...that's silly.

enough rambling...peace out!

Old 07-25-2008, 08:05 PM
M5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to beholdM5&RS Captin is a splendid one to behold
looks good

Old 07-27-2008, 01:47 PM
ze996 is infamous around these parts
I like the ones with the blue lip, that's an awesome color.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:27 AM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
so who does 360, Modular Concept and the others are getting barrels from???

Old 07-28-2008, 01:59 PM
vago5150 is infamous around these parts
Almost every company that distributes 3pc wheels in the US gets them from one of the two major rim halve suppliers in California or overseas.