Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Lambo's response to Ferrari's entry-level GT California? V8 Gallardo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 11:40 AM
vincenzo is infamous around these parts
Question Lambo's response to Ferrari's entry-level GT California? V8 Gallardo?

Hey guys, just wondering how you think Lambo will respond to Ferrari's new entry-level car, the GT California.

Previous rumours about a V8 Gallardo may hold a grain of truth. While some people said that a new entry-level Ferrari may impact the brand, Ferrari still produced the GT California. If Ferrari was willing to produce a new entry-level, Maserati-based car, I don't see why Lambo wouldn't produce a new entry-level car. While Lambo could design a completely new entry-level model, I don't foresee Lambo having the financial resources to do so, prompting it to perhaps produce a V8 Gallardo with just RWD and not the fancy AWD system.

Of course, "entry-level" is just a relative term since Ferrari and Lambo will still request a premium price.

As well, with increasing emission standards, perhaps all automakers, even Ferrari and Lambo, are being forced to produce new "entry-level" cars with lower emissions to offset their upper-tier cars, such as the LP640, and their higher emissions.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Old 05-20-2008, 12:02 PM
rmani is infamous around these partsrmani is infamous around these parts
horrible idea. v8 gallardo option makes the car seem that much more similar to an audi r8. ferrari is tarnishing its image with the gt woman mobile i sure hope lambo doesn't follow.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
I don't like the idea of an V8 Gallardo.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
These cars should not have an "entry level". One of the reasons I sold my Gallardo is because there were too many of them around and they got so cheap anyone can buy one. When you buy an exotic you want some level of brand exclusivity and when you create these low level, low priced models with the same brand on them you are killing it for the people who are looking for exclusive cars. It's bad enough they made the R8, no need for a V8 G.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:47 PM
TT23 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Stryke
These cars should not have an "entry level". One of the reasons I sold my Gallardo is because there were too many of them around and they got so cheap anyone can buy one. When you buy an exotic you want some level of brand exclusivity and when you create these low level, low priced models with the same brand on them you are killing it for the people who are looking for exclusive cars. It's bad enough they made the R8, no need for a V8 G.
I wouldnt say "Anyone" But understand what you mean.. No need for a v8 G

Old 05-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Vantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud of
I'm gonna hope they don't follow suit. But the fact of the matter is these are both companies that strive for profit! While we, as enthusiasts, would rather see the brand retain more prestige and exclusivity, I'm sure they are a little more willing to forgo some brand exclusivity and increase sales by offering a 'lower model'.

I won't be surprised if we see a v8 rwd gallardo in the near future...

Old 05-20-2008, 01:43 PM
BeastRides101 is infamous around these parts
They won't do it, no need. The ties with Audi and the R8 are too close.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:46 PM
BeastRides101 is infamous around these parts
If these companies make too many different models and put them out there resulting in oversaturation and devaluation of the product it makes opening for more exclusive smaller brands to come in, which is not a bad thing.

Both of the forementioned companies started off this way.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:57 PM
rmani is infamous around these partsrmani is infamous around these parts

THANK YOU! I was getting ripped apart in another thread for bashing the f149 and complaining that Ferraris are too common these days. People were saying I only like Ferrari for the image which simply isn't the case, BUT when I'm spending that kind of money I don't want to see someone else driving my car everyday. Same reason why I would never buy a new 911 Turbo. I absolutely love them but seeing all the regular 911s running around totally kills the thrill factor for me when I look at the car.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Jason B is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
I don't like the idea of an V8 Gallardo.
I don't think this is going to happen. I saw a video press conference the other day from the head of Lambo, and he said they will never offer any lamob car in the low 100's. Ever.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by TT23
I wouldnt say "Anyone" But understand what you mean.. No need for a v8 G

Oh and i see 100 more gt's than gallardo for the record so you got something that "anyone" can have to something that "everyone has"

Old 05-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
I bought the Gallardo to have a nice rare exotic and I bought the Bentley to have a comfortable daily driver. Apples and oranges but the effort is appreciated.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:29 PM
I bought the Gallardo to have a nice rare exotic and I bought the Bentley to have a comfortable daily driver. Apples and oranges but the effort is appreciated.

Yes your right apples and oranges but you said above that ANYONE CAN HAVE ONE, meanwhile Gts Are Way More Common and There is nothing really exclusive about them unless you have your Hres...

Old 05-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Former Vendor
Again, I didn't buy it to get an exclusive exotic. I bought it because it is comfortable for daily use and I think it looks nice. That's all. Hang on, I'm searching babel fish for the Spanish version of this simple explanation...

Old 05-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Again, I didn't buy it to get an exclusive exotic. I bought it because it is comfortable for daily use and I think it looks nice. That's all. Hang on, I'm searching babel fish for the Spanish version of this simple explanation...
Yeap, atleast i got my jewish version across good enough

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lambo's response to Ferrari's entry-level GT California? V8 Gallardo?