Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Should I Trade Gallardo for a Murcielago?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 03:59 PM
olegs is infamous around these parts
06 Murci Roadster or 07 LP640 Coupe?

I have no idea why I'm even contemplating this, but I'm debating on trading My 07 Gallardo Spyder for an 06 Murcielago Roadster. The only complaint I have is that I find my self just a tad cramped at times. Is the interior in the Murci any bigger? Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!

I looked at a Murcielago at a local dealer last night. It is a BIG car. The question I have now is: 06 Roadster or 07 LP640 coupe? the difference in price is negligible, and how important is e-gear? The LP is a stick.

Last edited by olegs; 08-29-2008 at 04:08 PM. Reason: 06 Murci Roadster or 07 LP640 Coupe?
Old 08-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
The Murcie is larger. Harder to see out of then the G spyder, but IMO a lot more power, more fun and a rare item..

The roof does suck a bit, but with practice you can get it on and off in under 2-3 minutes..

I see you have a white Spyder...

Lets work something out against my 2006 Aspen White Murcie Roadster!!

http://www.catsexotics.com/used_vehi...e8933874544cc1

Attached Images  
Old 08-25-2008, 07:23 PM
memo is infamous around these parts
I think you should if u can. Murcielago is rare and sicker.

^^ that white murci looks hot!!

Old 08-25-2008, 08:24 PM
Boosted997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by olegs
I have no idea why I'm even contemplating this, but I debating on trading My 07 Gallardo Spyder for an 06 Murcielago Roadster. The only complaint I have is that I find my self just a tad cramped at times. Is the interior in the Murci any bigger? Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!

Like you said your self there should not be a doubt in your mind. It like ur asking your self if you want the a Playboy model as your wife lol. Yes the Murci is the play boy model. See Gallardo are nice but the when I see one the Bull in the front is should not be there. Gallardos inside have many visual traits from audi. All I see is an expenisve audi. Now the Murci's Bull on the front is a Real one and The roadsters look even more Amazing and rare.

And you have 10 high reving Cyclinders how about you add another two and about another 80 HP not too much more to say.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:10 PM
ON THE GRIND is infamous around these parts
If you just use your Gallardo for "weekend fun car" then trade it in for Murci. I'd probably drive my gallardo everywhere since it's pretty reliable and small/easy to park etc and it grabs attention but is not too spectacular as a Murci

So for just plain 'ol fun - Murci
More day use - Gallardo

Old 08-25-2008, 09:41 PM
rmani is infamous around these partsrmani is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Boosted997
Like you said your self there should not be a doubt in your mind. It like ur asking your self if you want the a Playboy model as your wife lol. Yes the Murci is the play boy model. See Gallardo are nice but the when I see one the Bull in the front is should not be there. Gallardos inside have many visual traits from audi. All I see is an expenisve audi. Now the Murci's Bull on the front is a Real one and The roadsters look even more Amazing and rare.

And you have 10 high reving Cyclinders how about you add another two and about another 80 HP not too much more to say.
dude you need to learn to speak/type better i got a headache reading that

Old 08-25-2008, 09:46 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
The Murci is a handful. If you really enjoy driving, the Gallardo is more fun. You already have a huge exclusive premium. The difference to most is undecernable. I have watched the top on a Murci Spyder get changed at a dealership by sales reps. They describe it as a 2-man job. I think it hinders you ability to enjoy the car unless you're in a very predictable climate. Keep the Gallardo and trade it for an LP560 spyder down the road if you're looking for an upgrade.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:06 PM
eaglesbasketbal is infamous around these parts
From what I remember from Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson is 6'5" and he had trouble fitting in the LP640

Old 08-26-2008, 06:53 AM
ExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really nice
Just curious what color Murcielago Roadster you want to get?

Old 08-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Boosted997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eaglesbasketbal
From what I remember from Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson is 6'5" and he had trouble fitting in the LP640
Actually he was saying that he didnt have any problems fitting in it.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:13 AM
vtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these parts
IMO if you trade the Gallardo, trade it for an LP560. I have driven a normal Murci and an 07 Gallardo and the Gallardo is a better car. Murci was way to big and not enough power. The only Murci I would get is an LP6460, but thats at least 300k for a good used one.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Banned
Cornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
The Murcie is larger. Harder to see out of then the G spyder, but IMO a lot more power, more fun and a rare item..

The roof does suck a bit, but with practice you can get it on and off in under 2-3 minutes..

I see you have a white Spyder...

Lets work something out against my 2006 Aspen White Murcie Roadster!!

http://www.catsexotics.com/used_vehi...e8933874544cc1
Clean looking car.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:52 PM
enginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to beholdenginyr is a splendid one to behold
lp560 smokes the murc?

Old 08-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
I was considering a trade for the LP640 roadster myself... until this weekend.. As gorgeous and exclusive as the roadster is , it is simply not a practical or enjoyable ride.. There was a white LP roadster on the South Florida Toys run, We ran through 2 bad storms and the the LP had to drive through the rain... owner stated that the top was too cumbersome to change and he would have gotten wetter by being stationary trying to change the top.. 450K for a car and the poor guy and his GF got soaked.. not to mention the interior of the car... If you live in AZ or SOCAL where rain is far and between its the perfect car.. for anywhere else its just too un-nerving

Old 08-28-2008, 09:13 AM
QQQQ is infamous around these parts
i would try out the murci first to see how it compares to the gallardo. it might be bigger but not suitable for your likings elsewhere.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I Trade Gallardo for a Murcielago?