Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

'08 Gallardo Superleggera: Price Check

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2008 | 06:03 PM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
I have a spreadsheet from when i was looking of every black superleggera in the country with the options, sticker, etc.
Pete is right though, his guy in GA has a nice one he could hook you up with.

Old 09-06-2008 | 08:04 AM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
I don't know WHY you want an SL when the LP's are at the dealers now ... newer, faster, and more car for similar money ... I will say that my buddy bought the car before the LP's landed so you might even have a better bargaining tool.

Old 09-06-2008 | 09:27 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I was at Champion (AKA Bentley/Lamborghini Long Island) a few weeks back and they had a SL on the floor. I don't remember the color but the tech who was prepping the LP said it was a MUCH better car in a lot of ways. That being said, you probably couldn't make the deal on the LP that you could on the SL, if that matters. Here in the northeast, the window is rapidly closing on these types of cars so I'm sure the dealers are willing to really negotiate.

Old 09-06-2008 | 01:16 PM
|
xxballinboi786 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DarioTexas
I don't know WHY you want an SL when the LP's are at the dealers now ... newer, faster, and more car for similar money ... I will say that my buddy bought the car before the LP's landed so you might even have a better bargaining tool.
I have seen and sat inside a few LP560s and I don't understand why you think this is a better car. I will admit that it has a few exterior advantages over the SL, such as newer headlights and taillights and a new exhaust system.

Now if you sit inside both cars, you will see the true difference. The LP and the SL have the exact same interior set up, everything is in the same place. Inside the LP, all you have is leather, just like in any Audi you may see. Take a seat inside the SL and the beautiful Alacantara and Carbon Fiber overwhelm you. Just beautiful. Also, I believe that the carbon fiber rear wing is an excellent addition on the black SL.

Going on to performance. The LP beats the SL....by .1 seconds to 60. The LP is available at 4 dealerships near me, but every dealership only has one available, and that too in white. If I am to order my own, I would have to wait 6 months and pay MSRP and close to it. For what? A few exterior mods? No thanks. I'll stick to the SL. If the changes were more drastic I might consider but I don't see anything too special.

If you can please do me a favor, explain why the LP is "more car for similar money"?

Old 09-06-2008 | 01:46 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xxballinboi786
If you can please do me a favor, explain why the LP is "more car for similar money"?

The LP might be a little more, but you'll have the current version (resale) with updated styling, transmission, engine, etc. It's completely revised (except interior layout).
I guess it's like comparing a 360CS to an F430. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 09-06-2008 | 04:08 PM
|

Don't get me wrong, I love the LP560. But I love the SL more. Just look at the interior!

Old 09-06-2008 | 06:30 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
uhmmm ... you can order the SL interior on the LP ... You just have to check the options box.

I prefer the quilted mult-color interior with full carbon and Alcatera/Sued roof lining.

Last edited by DarioTexas; 09-06-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-06-2008 | 07:20 PM
SirBells is infamous around these parts
[QUOTE=DarioTexas;2030469]uhmmm ... you can order the SL interior on the LP ... You just have to check the options box.

I prefer the quilted mult-color interior with full carbon and Alcatera/Sued roof lining.

[/QUOTE

+1

Old 09-06-2008 | 07:47 PM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
They are both beautiful and unbelievably kickass cars. Get whichever you want and you wont be disappointed.
Of course the 09 is going to be a little better, and of course the dealers are going to act like its night and day...there are advantages to both cars. The SL is a unique car that is sorta a departure from the company's standard (in that they built a superlight track car)...the 560 is the shiny new one that nobody has seen yet. Personally it wasnt worth an extra 50k to me for the 560, and imho (probably cause i am more used to the original body style and the other one is still too new but will grow on me) I actually like the front end of the 08 more than the 09...

Old 09-06-2008 | 07:52 PM
gtr6speed is infamous around these parts
Have a look on eBay before you pull the trigger.

Old 09-06-2008 | 08:04 PM
|
Originally Posted by DarioTexas
uhmmm ... you can order the SL interior on the LP ... You just have to check the options box.

Then pay the 50K premium between both cars. If there was anything worth 50K in the LP I would have no problem buying it.

Old 09-06-2008 | 11:07 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
I'd drive both if I were you. I hear the suspension, transmission, and engine are greatly improved. All pretty important elements of a car...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lambo...=p4506.c0.m245

This one looks great.

Old 09-07-2008 | 04:04 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Then pay the 50K premium between both cars. If there was anything worth 50K in the LP I would have no problem buying it.
No question you are right about the difference not being "worth" 50K. Especially true for you since you seem to prefer the SL anyway. Now your task is to find the best one at the best price. Good luck!

Old 09-07-2008 | 09:25 AM
Yeah dude, let dario buy the 560 and drop 250k, think i said this in another post, but if you want a spreadsheet of every black SL that was in the country (at least as of first week in Aug) shoot me an email and ill send it over.

Old 09-07-2008 | 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by villains_turbo
Yeah dude, let dario buy the 560 and drop 250k.
I don't understand ^^^^

anyhoo ... If you were willing to spend the $220K+ on a SL then what's $30K more in the scheme of things ... You're gonna lose that extra money on an SL via resale value and older body style anyway.

The car has a ridiculously improved E-Gear that is a night/day difference from the SL and you can feel the power difference although it seems little on paper.

HOWEVER, if YOU like the SL better then that is what you should buy ... I told you what they're worth and I just thought I should throw some opinions out there in case you hadn't weighed all the options.

Welcome to the Lambo club!

Dario

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '08 Gallardo Superleggera: Price Check