Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

'08 Gallardo Superleggera: Price Check

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2008 | 04:29 PM
|
xxballinboi786 is infamous around these parts
(P.S. It was suggested to me that a brand new SL with delivery miles could be had for 200k. I no longer believe this is a possiblity because after telling this to the sales person, his manager personally brought me the invoice of a $255k Nero SL and their COST was $214,000.)

Old 09-08-2008 | 05:26 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
1800 miles seems kind of high for an SL demo, no?

$205K is a nice price... but only if it's perfect for you. Which it doesn't sound like, with 1800 miles and yellow.

Old 09-08-2008 | 05:52 PM
extrabolts is infamous around these parts
Based on my experience, I would throw the 5-20k here or there out the window when making the decision. You are talking about 2-10% of the purchase price. I have made the mistake before of giving up the exact color that I wanted for a relatively minor savings compared to the price of the car, and I regretted it every time I went to the car. I loved it, but always wished I had MY color and was tortured looking at pics online of other cars in that color.

Get exactly what you want, even if it is $230k verse $200k, and particularly if you are only talking about $5k difference. If you are in the range to afford that car, you probably will never notice the $5-30k missing, but you will ALWAYS notice that it is the wrong color, is missing an option, etc.

Old 09-08-2008 | 05:56 PM
gtr6speed is infamous around these parts
Great point extrabolts!

Old 09-08-2008 | 06:26 PM
|
I know how that feels too extrabolts, it sucks! Thanks for the input.

I am getting the black for around the same price, with even less miles but I have started liking the yellow SL more. Black was actually my first choice for the LP so when I started looking at the SL I figured I should stick to the same color. After viewing both cars side by side, and without being biased towards black, I have come to the conclusion that yellow is my first choice, black is second, and orange is third.

Old 09-08-2008 | 06:26 PM
|
Originally Posted by WyattH
1800 miles seems kind of high for an SL demo, no?

$205K is a nice price... but only if it's perfect for you. Which it doesn't sound like, with 1800 miles and yellow.
I'm not too sure, anyone else have an idea?

Old 09-08-2008 | 06:29 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
Originally Posted by xxballinboi786
(P.S. It was suggested to me that a brand new SL with delivery miles could be had for 200k. I no longer believe this is a possiblity because after telling this to the sales person, his manager personally brought me the invoice of a $255k Nero SL and their COST was $214,000.)
After reading this I called my buddy up and you are correct ... The SL was second hand with 200 miles on it ...

Have you heard from John at LOD ... Maybe my buddy just got lucky, they had too much inventory and dumping cars at blowout prices might have been their strategy at the time.

Old 09-08-2008 | 06:42 PM
|
Originally Posted by DarioTexas
After reading this I called my buddy up and you are correct ... The SL was second hand with 200 miles on it ...

Have you heard from John at LOD ... Maybe my buddy just got lucky, they had too much inventory and dumping cars at blowout prices might have been their strategy at the time.
Thanks for all the help though! I spoke to John. He offered a loaded SL to me for $208k with delivery miles. With orange being at the bottom of my list of colors I turned it down. It's the last SL Lamborghini of Dallas has so they have a great price on it. If anyone's interested you can check out their website and shoot John an email.

Old 09-08-2008 | 07:28 PM
|
While I'm still asking questions, I'd like to add another. What do you guys think of ceramic brakes and everyday driving?

Old 09-08-2008 | 07:58 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
They last longer, reduce unsprung weight, help resale, prevent dust, look better, etc...
GET THEM!

They are most noticeable on a track where they prevent brake fade, but they will also help (or at least not hurt) a DD.

Old 09-08-2008 | 08:42 PM
|
They last longer, reduce unsprung weight, help resale, prevent dust, look better, etc...
GET THEM!

They are most noticeable on a track where they prevent brake fade, but they will also help (or at least not hurt) a DD.
I was reading a review online and it said that the brakes are wayyy to touchy (I'm getting them anyway, just thought I'd ask.) Is it something you got used to or were you never bothered by them?

Old 09-08-2008 | 09:29 PM
Wish I had a Lambo with CCBs to provide further input. Sorry, just passing along reviews I've read.

Old 09-08-2008 | 10:59 PM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
Mine is for sale - $205k firm... 1 of ONLY 10 white made! It had a 247k sticker. 1300 miles.. $3000 is tint & clear bar....

Old 09-09-2008 | 12:20 AM
$3K for tint and clear bra? wow.
White will always be the champion. The MSRP seems a little lower - what options did you opt out of (besides Ceramics, I presume)?

Old 09-09-2008 | 12:00 PM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
$3K for tint and clear bra? wow.
White will always be the champion. The MSRP seems a little lower - what options did you opt out of (besides Ceramics, I presume)?
ALL options other than ceramics.. Its the 2nd highest MSRP the Superleggera will have...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '08 Gallardo Superleggera: Price Check