Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Murcielago Review after about 700 miles of driving!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 04:36 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Murcielago Review after about 700 miles of driving!

Well in one week I logged about 700 miles in the Murci and I am a little more knowledgable on the ins and outs of the car. I will start with the good. The car has GOBS of power. It has torque at any speed in any gear. The looks of the car are the cars strongest point. I mean in my opinion it is simply drop dead gorgeous! Driving it around chicago, I can not pull up to a stoplight without a camera being taken out or questions being asked. It really is on another level attention wise. The car is also VERY comfortable. Coming from driving the GT3 with seats, motons, and other track goodies this thing is very comfortable to cruise in. The only concern is visibility, which is virtually non-existant. The car is going in to have cameras installed this week but that will not help the lane change situation. The car seems to be surrounded by a giant blind spot. The nose lift system is very helpful. I have not rubbed anywhere in chicago when I rub frequently in the GT3. Next the exhaust note. It has a Kreisegg exhaust. With the valve switched to loud it sounds intoxicating. Not as loud as my GT3, but so much cleaner.

I jumped in my GT3 today and immediately noticed a few things about the lambo. First I noticed how large the steering wheel is in my GT3 and how little the one in the lambo is. Second I noticed how low one sits in the lambo. My GT3 is lowered with the motons, but I feel like I am sitting in an SUV compared to the seat height of the Murci. Third, I noticed how much better my GT3 brakes. The lambo has great brakes and at lower speeds the pedal is very firm, but even a passenger noted this week in the lambo, "this thing does not feel like it brakes like your porsche." Fourth, high speed handling. I naturally will never have the lambo on the track and the GT3 has a lot of upgrades, but even compared to a stock GT3, the Lambo simply feels much heavier and less responsive at higher speed driving. This does not mean it does not handle well, it just does not handle like a GT3. Lastly, the soft top.......this is just laughable. I mean it took about 20 mins to get it put on and even then I would not feel comfortable driving it on the highway with the top on. We took it off and placed it in the garage and thought well this is useless, might as well never put it back on the car. I think some little Italian man thought to himself at the factory, lets make this damn near impossible to put on so no one even thinks about driving this car when there is a chance of rain. I wish they would have made removable hardtop pieces like the Carrera GT. This would have been great, but since I doubt this car will ever be driven when its not nice out, I wont worry about it too much.

So all in all, the Lambo is an exciting machine. I get a huge grin everytime it fires up and cruising around in it makes you feel like a rock star (closest ill ever come to being one). I never really want to stop driving it and the acceleration is incredible. However, the moment I hopped in the GT3 I realized why I bought it and why I love Porsche so much. It simply is better put together. It is a true drivers car, and there really is no substitute. With that said, I plan on spending all of next week playing with the lambo again, its just too entertaining to drive around. Unlike a lot of the country, chicago's sports car season is about to end, so why not enjoy it while its nice out!

Old 10-05-2008, 01:22 PM
YellowCalliper is infamous around these parts
Super review. I could not agree more with your comments. Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Donnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to behold
Boyracer you are spot on

Especially about the little Italian man

Old 10-05-2008, 11:14 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
great write up. A pic of the two cars side by side would be cool to add to this thread.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:26 AM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
This was a regular Murcielago and not the LP640, correct? I think the braking and handling issues you describe has been addressed with the LP640...

Old 10-06-2008, 09:59 AM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tuskir
This was a regular Murcielago and not the LP640, correct? I think the braking and handling issues you describe has been addressed with the LP640...
Yes regular Murci. I will try to snap some pics of the GT3 and Murci side by side for all of you this week. The car is in the shop getting a nav/backup camera installed! Thanks for the comments!

Old 10-06-2008, 10:28 AM
tnb1786 is infamous around these parts
great review!

Old 10-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
great review Mo!
That yellow is perfect on the Murci and car looks nice!

Old 10-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Donnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to behold
id like to see pics of the install of the cam at the back

Old 10-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
I completely agree with you. I'm a big Porsche fan, but at the moment I don't have one. I miss my 997's a lot! I also have owned a couple of Lambos. They are truly exciting cars, not as easy to drive as Porsches though. Lambo themselves have no substitute, they are in a category of their own in terms of style. I feel like I am inches above the road when I drive mine.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:18 PM
epbrown01 is infamous around these parts
I laughed when you said the GT3 is like an SUV. I'll never forget driving my 911 down Lake Shore Drive and being passed by an orange Murcielago - for the first time, I could look down into another car. Those are insanely low...

Old 10-13-2008, 02:09 PM
rmani is infamous around these partsrmani is infamous around these parts
great review thanks for making my day at work go by just a little bit faster. god i hope i can own a murci one day i'd love to experience that "rock star" feeling.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Banned
lemansz20 is infamous around these parts
Glad to hear good things about the car, they are nothing short of amazing. Is yours egear or 6speed???

Old 10-14-2008, 10:10 AM
bbrc76 is infamous around these parts
Any chance you were on 90/94 this past Saturday around 11am? I was behind a yellow Murci roadster - the exhaust sounded amazing.

In case it was you - I was the guy in the silver M3 'vert trying to keep up...

Old 10-14-2008, 11:47 AM
humveelat is infamous around these parts
Nice read mate..Thanks for the info...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Murcielago Review after about 700 miles of driving!