Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Questions for Gallardo experts....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 05:23 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Questions for Gallardo experts....

1) Is it true that the later 04 models have a remapped/newer ECU compared to the older ones?

2) What is the option price on the clear engine bonnnet?? Anyone have a source to get it through parts and how much?

3) What is the option price on the GPS system? Can this be retrofitted to cars that did not come with it? Source and price?

TIA

Old 08-28-2004, 10:01 AM
6.0 se is infamous around these parts
Re: Questions for Gallardo experts....

Originally posted by msindi
1) Is it true that the later 04 models have a remapped/newer ECU compared to the older ones?

2) What is the option price on the clear engine bonnnet?? Anyone have a source to get it through parts and how much?

3) What is the option price on the GPS system? Can this be retrofitted to cars that did not come with it? Source and price?

TIA
1. yes
2. 4k when ordered, 10k from dealer(crazy stuff)
3. It can be retrofitted. Not sure about price. I will check.

Old 08-28-2004, 10:29 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Can you get the ECU of an early '04 model to be updated to the new one? And what did they change anyways?

Old 08-28-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by mehrabani1
Can you get the ECU of an early '04 model to be updated to the new one? And what did they change anyways?
All early e gears needed to have the ecu update done to fix the problems. I think all of the updates applied to e gear issues.

Old 08-31-2004, 08:20 PM
thanks 6.0 - please let me know on the GPS...
Also, anyone have connections to gety the clear engine cover for less than 10K?? What can one do and how much can they get for the non-clear cover?

Old 09-01-2004, 10:19 AM
No GPS available.

Old 09-01-2004, 07:49 PM
Parker is infamous around these parts
AJ - The Man with The Golden Diablo - great to see you contributing your wealth of knowledge and experience here too. Welcome to 6speed

Old 09-02-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Parker
AJ - The Man with The Golden Diablo - great to see you contributing your wealth of knowledge and experience here too. Welcome to 6speed
lol. Thank you for the welcome!!

Old 09-02-2004, 01:11 PM
I saw a car here that had GPS from factory!!
If someone can post pics I can e-mail them

Also, 6.0 - do you have any connections to get the clear engine cover at a more reasonable price than 10K??

Old 09-04-2004, 09:16 AM

Also, 6.0 - do you have any connections to get the clear engine cover at a more reasonable price than 10K??
Very strange. 2 dealers told me it was n/a. Yes, if you would like me to get a "real" price for you, I would be happy to. A.J.

ps Pulled this off another forum. This is an answer to option questions . This is from the sales manager at Lambo Atlanta. Note the no navi comment.

"Great cars with awesome power. The 6 speed is a little less finicky than the E-Gear right at the moment. That being said though, I have guys riding around in E-Gears with over 5k miles on them with no problems what so ever. I am a die hard manual trans guy but understand why people would want and or need the E-Gear to make the car feasible for their use.
As for options, you have quite a few. Sorry Ben, no navi yet. Still trying to get that one worked out for our market. You can get coming home(Homelink), On board computer(standard with E-Gear), colored brake calipers(yellow or Silver), sport package(stiffer suspension, different dampers, suede wrapped steering wheel), bi colored interior, different paint options(metallic, 3 stage pearlescent), power seats(either heated or non), glass engine bonnet(looks fantastic), and some new stuff that is coming down the line.
Car is fantastic as a daily driver, docile when you need it and a beast when you let it rip. The all wheel drive makes it pretty forgiving and allows you to not suffer when you make a mistake. The brakes are pretty much without equal(I have heard the pads are a little bit pricey). Suspension is automatically adjusting and the Murci will end up with that in 2005. The seats are accomodating and offer good everyday comfort but hold you adaquetly when you are taking the twisties hard. The car even performs optimally on the track with no adjustments from stock.
All in all, a refreshing car. I have several hours and miles behind the wheel of one including the lauch of the car in Italy. It is fantastic, powerful, and fluid behind the wheel. Many people here will agree with me and some will not, it all comes down too personal preference. Make sure that you drive one, that will make your mind up for you. I know for a fact that most Lambo dealers, such as myself, are more accomodating than most exotic dealers and would love to take you out and show you the car. The guys on this forum will be able to assist you with most of your questions as for preference, I can help you with any others that you may have including where to go to get one based on where you live."

Chris

Last edited by 6.0 se; 09-04-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Thanks a million...
PM me your phone number so we can talk
Hope my TT sells soon so I can get a Lambo

Old 09-22-2004, 01:02 AM
jamesketchell is infamous around these parts

Hi Guys,

My car came with the glass engine cover and GPS as a factory fit. Thought you might find these photos useful.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...62397096dlEoDq

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...62397275DmlDNv

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...62358782DYQgfM

Old 09-22-2004, 02:58 PM
EM 996 GTS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by jamesketchell
Hi Guys,

My car came with the glass engine cover and GPS as a factory fit. Thought you might find these photos useful.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...62397096dlEoDq

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...62397275DmlDNv

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...62358782DYQgfM
Do you have anymore pics of the GPS system?
Does it have memory card slots behind the screen?
easy to use?

TIA

Old 09-22-2004, 03:03 PM
jamesketchell is infamous around these parts
I haven't taken anymore of the system, but yes your right its got two slots behind that take flash cards which you can store MP3 files on. Also you can remove the navigation disc and play MP3 tracks on there too.

The system is very easy to use as it comes straight out of the new Audi range. Blows away the one I've got in the Merc.

Old 09-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Banned
FAT-911 is infamous around these parts
Navigation is available on manual only not e-gear, at least here in Australia anyway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Questions for Gallardo experts....