Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

R8 V10 vs used Murci

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 11:32 PM
harajuka is a jewel in the roughharajuka is a jewel in the roughharajuka is a jewel in the roughharajuka is a jewel in the rough
Lambo for sure!

Old 03-01-2009, 06:29 AM
Ellwer is infamous around these parts
Appreciate the input. Obviously have to drive them both. As far as cost of the R8V10, my dealer is saying likely base will be 140-145k, based on his inside info. Will have to wait and see! Agree that Lambo is far more visceral; one issue for me though is closest Lambo dealer is 4 hour away, vs Audi around the corner.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
The Lambo will be more pure joy and also more of a headache, if you can deal with the extremes. The Audi will be right down the fairway...

Old 04-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Catalyst is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I don't care if the Audi has the steering feel of holding the tie rods in your hand. The weight of a 111S and the power of the Veyron, it still is not the emotional and visceral experience a Lamborghini will provide. Lets face it when you wake up in the morning and open your garage door which one is going to make your day?
The Lambo, R8's dont seem that special to me...

Old 04-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Donnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to behold
Eventually the R8 lovefest will die down. You`ll be left with a very nice Audi.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
I think LP560 makes more sense. Murcie will be too old (poor reliability, repair costs) and its not very useable on daily basis. Audi V10 is nice but it costs almost as much as the LP560, which is a more exotic and higher performance car.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:48 AM
JoeyM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Donnie
Eventually the R8 lovefest will die down. You`ll be left with a very nice Audi.
is that your car in the gumball thread?

if so, its looking good!

Old 04-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Donnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to behold
Yes it is. Dans doing gods work.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:31 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Never a big fan of the R8 but that V10 sure would be awesome. I know the Lambo is a lambo but the fact that its 5 years old and if anything broke would require one to reach into their savings.... well the R8 v10 w/ warranty wins in my book.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:21 AM
JoeyM is infamous around these parts
maybe the answer is the lp 560. its in the right price range, you get the v10 and warranty you want, and you get the lambo style.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:58 PM
domesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JoeyM
maybe the answer is the lp 560. its in the right price range, you get the v10 and warranty you want, and you get the lambo style.
+1000

The LP560 seems to be the best choice right now. It has really been catching my eye performance wise (doesn't look bad either), or if u want something a bit more unique try a Gallardo SL (also within the same price range). A few people have picked those up (fred being the latest) and are loving it from what I can gather. Either way good luck on your new acquisiton

Old 04-20-2009, 05:28 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
R8: makes u look sexy
Murci: makes u look desperate for sex

Old 04-21-2009, 02:08 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Wasnt too fond of the V8's But now that its V10 that's a different story.
+1 For R8
Also has warranty

Old 04-21-2009, 08:14 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
From what I can gather, the LP 560-4 is on a completely next level than either the SL or R8 V-10. And with the recent fire sale pricing, you get alot better car for close to the same money. I have not figured this out yet but the R8 V10 is alot slower than 30 hp and 200 lbs would have me believe would be the difference between the two.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:54 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^^^ whoa... what?

(re: performance)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R8 V10 vs used Murci