Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Oregon's only authorized dealer closing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 12:01 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Oregon's only authorized dealer closing?

I'm getting some information that the only authorized Lamborghini dealer in the state of Oregon, Gran Prix Imports, may be closing by the end of April. They have been laying off people in parts, sales, and other areas of the business and have reported this information to the State (I believe there is some law where you have to report layoffs if they reach a certain number, not sure). Anybody have any additional information on this?

If so, would Corporate Lamborghini come in and take the inventory back to prevent the cars from being dumped onto market (ala the Orange County situation)?

js

Old 03-05-2009, 04:22 PM
emissary is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JoeShark
If so, would Corporate Lamborghini come in and take the inventory back to prevent the cars from being dumped onto market (ala the Orange County situation)?
According their online inventory, there doesn't appear to be much "new" inventory left. I only see two new LP650-4s in inventory; everything else is used. They do seem to have a lot more sales all of the sudden, though. I also notice that they've removed most of the Lambo prices and replaced them with the phone number. Might be a good time to give them a call if you like anything that you see.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:32 PM
RHYNO is infamous around these parts
They also are a Spyker dealer but they have NO spyker cars for sale!

Old 03-07-2009, 08:08 PM
SBTG is infamous around these parts
they had a spyker a couple of weeks ago when i was there

Old 03-09-2009, 05:03 PM
$$$=SPEED is infamous around these parts
I too have heard the rumors but told they are not

Old 03-10-2009, 11:49 AM
RepoMan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JoeShark

js

What happened in Orange County? I'm sure there was a thread. Got a link?

Old 03-10-2009, 03:46 PM
$$$=SPEED is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RepoMan
What happened in Orange County? I'm sure there was a thread. Got a link?
Long story.. longtime owner Vic alledgely sold all his cars at fire sale prices and fled with the $$$$

Old 12-10-2009, 06:28 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Not to drag up an old thread, but it's official (yes, I know, 9 months later). Doors closing Dec. 15th.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:36 AM
obrienkp is infamous around these parts
Its been a rough year for lambo dealers!

Old 12-11-2009, 05:46 PM
DoctaM3 has a spectacular aura aboutDoctaM3 has a spectacular aura about
yeap...in our end of the states, we lost Lambo Boston, Lambo Ohio and a few others around here

Old 12-11-2009, 06:02 PM
novae500 is infamous around these partsnovae500 is infamous around these parts
i still see the one close to my house, Lambo/Ferrari of Washington off of rt 28. Wonder how they are doing in this economy as well.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:21 PM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if if fewer Lambo dealers and less allocation #'s will help resale value down the road?

Old 12-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ATL
I wonder if if fewer Lambo dealers and less allocation #'s will help resale value down the road?

Well at least someone is starting to see the picture I painted 6 months ago and warned of...

Yes it will..

Old 12-13-2009, 01:50 AM
Shadowman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
Well at least someone is starting to see the picture I painted 6 months ago and warned of...

Yes it will..
I agree that supply and demand could initially become a factor in pushing values higher however I also sadly feel that there could very quickly come the point that without easy and consistent access to service particularly for those gals under warranty that the pendulum could be swung the other way and the values would fall.

The Gallardo would IMO be the first to be hit because these gals are typically used much more frequently; many as daily drivers when compared to the Murcielago and the LP series that have always remained limited use gals.

I like the fact that values could be maintained and maybe even increased however I also like the ease of acquiring parts and service as such whenever a dealer closes his/her doors it concerns me.

Takes care

Shadowman

Old 12-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shadowman
I agree that supply and demand could initially become a factor in pushing values higher however I also sadly feel that there could very quickly come the point that without easy and consistent access to service particularly for those gals under warranty that the pendulum could be swung the other way and the values would fall.

The Gallardo would IMO be the first to be hit because these gals are typically used much more frequently; many as daily drivers when compared to the Murcielago and the LP series that have always remained limited use gals.

I like the fact that values could be maintained and maybe even increased however I also like the ease of acquiring parts and service as such whenever a dealer closes his/her doors it concerns me.

Takes care

Shadowman
I would somewhat agree with this statement for a NEW car. I have customers that will ONLY buy a car under factory warranty. When it approaches expire time the car is let go and into another factory warranty car they go. In this case it MAY limit the amount of new cars sold in the areas that do not have factory service within thier comfort zone.

However, for the used car, I think just the opisite. More and more "Private" shops of highly qualafied and mostly ex factory trained techs are opening up in several locations. Their service is of high quailty, as they have to maintain this level for repeat business..not to mention their prices for the most part shame the factory service centers.

You already have established locations such as Driven Exotics in central Cali, Evans in Central USA, Bobalief in San Diego, just to name a few off of the tip of my head..you also recently have Grant that was with LOC now having his own location in Orange County.

So, IMO, as less and less cars, (new) are produced...which in turn will make for less and less cars to hit the second tier market, (used 2 year or so cars) in decent shape..the supply to choose from will have a price reflective of the vehciles available.

Two othe factors to keep in mind, that I have personaly witnessed in the last 6-8 months.

As the US Dollar remains weak and export transport fee's have declined..more and more cars are "leaving" the USA soil. I have seen a change of approx 10% cars leaving that I sell to approx 35% now...and getting more and more requests from outside the USA. This is not only the older units, i.e. Countach, Miura, Diablo..but as of recent I sent out 2 LP560-4 cars as well as a LP640.

Secondly, since the USA has fallen from 60% market share of Lambo sales to under 30% of late...Lambo has been concentraing on feeding their new and upcoming markets first...such as China, UAE, Russia and the like...leaving USA with ORDER only cars. This is a wise business decision as they would prefer to place their "in stock" cars in locations that not only have a greater potential for sale, but in almost every other market a higher return on their dollar investiment on the sale of the car.

I would not be one bit suprised if you see the total of Authorized Dealers in the US to drop to 15-17 locations, with only maybe a handful of cars making it here. That has already been seen with the sale of less that 38 LP640-SV and less than 67 Lp640 this year.

But as with all things related to "decrecenary" spending funds...only time will tell. One thing is for sure, there is no way a "Stand Alone" Authorized New Car seller of Lambos can survive. It MUST have other lines of vehciles to sell in its showroom to keep the doors open.

Last edited by roytoy2003; 12-13-2009 at 08:42 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Oregon's only authorized dealer closing?