Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

The Dangers of Lambo Doors ****GRAPHIC NSFW****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 10:25 PM
dorift_it is infamous around these partsdorift_it is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by speedappeal
I never imagined those doors would be a safety concern.
RIP

X 2....

the more i read about murci's... the more i find out they have lots of issues

Old 03-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Goldwings has a spectacular aura aboutGoldwings has a spectacular aura aboutGoldwings has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Scott AEPi
Wow that is tragic. I never really thought of that before...

I really hope for the sake of the driver that he died on impact rather than being burned alive.

May he rest in peace.
In the thread they said that he was going around 156mph, that plus a fast deceleration....I don't think he was burned alive.

Are there kits out there that make the doors open in either direction?

Old 03-13-2009, 11:43 PM
James PA is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Goldwings

Are there kits out there that make the doors open in either direction?
Not trying to be a jerk, but are you kidding?

"Check it out, I've got Civic doors on my Lambo!!!, watch how sick it is when they open like a normal car!!!"

Even if some Lambo owners were worried about this happening, I doubt there would be a market for an aftermarket kit.

Also, its worthwhile to note, that any car that has flipped and landed on its roof may have trouble getting its doors open.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:35 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
old repost... hope the guy wasnt trapped. murcilargo is an old design and was never a safe type of car. personally, i'd not buy any car made of CF or with safety concerns. this pretty much rules out most modern supercars. i have seen too many cars spit into 2, on fire etc.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:48 AM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
Makes me Glad I have plain old boring doors on my G

Its amazing how many people will love the G and then be disappointed that it does not have doors that open up. Now I can tell them that those doors are a safety hazard

Old 03-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Sercan has a spectacular aura aboutSercan has a spectacular aura aboutSercan has a spectacular aura about
May he rest in peace.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Goldwings has a spectacular aura aboutGoldwings has a spectacular aura aboutGoldwings has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by James PA
Not trying to be a jerk, but are you kidding?

"Check it out, I've got Civic doors on my Lambo!!!, watch how sick it is when they open like a normal car!!!"

Even if some Lambo owners were worried about this happening, I doubt there would be a market for an aftermarket kit.

Also, its worthwhile to note, that any car that has flipped and landed on its roof may have trouble getting its doors open.
Well, I was thinking if it was something designed with a ball pivot so you could have it both ways. Of course it would have to be heavily redesigned to keep the weight of the door up. There is also a difference between having problems getting your doors open because they're bent and not being physically able to push them open because they are pinned down to the ground. Also keep in mind that those windows are pretty low profile and when the frame/door is compressed it might make it very difficult for a fully grown man to escape through them.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Semprini is a jewel in the roughSemprini is a jewel in the roughSemprini is a jewel in the roughSemprini is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tourbillon001
Its amazing how many people will love the G and then be disappointed that it does not have doors that open up. Now I can tell them that those doors are a safety hazard
I think that's just dumb. I could care less about the doors opening 'up'. Dont get me wrong it is definitely cool and all, but ever since the kits came out it lost a lot of its coolness to me. The G is an all around great car and I actually prefer it to have the 'normal' doors.

I also agree that the chance of those two people surviving before the fire was minimal. 156mph things can go so wrong so fast.

Last edited by Semprini; 03-15-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:09 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
I posted this on another thread but I have a lifehammer installed in my LP

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-15-2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: remove link
Old 03-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
wow! that sucks! rip!

Old 03-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Just In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ragazzi_07
This is quite a first post...be advised that the pictures in the link are extremely graphic and may be very upsetting to many...be advised..

Hello all,

I came across this on another forum.

It is simply to make people aware of the fact that this could happen.

I didn't even think of this possibility.

http://ultimatecarforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=777.0
one more reason to buy a ferrari!

Old 03-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Just In Time
one more reason to buy a ferrari!
or another reason why you shouldnt get lambo!

seriously though...that's the worst scenario ever...RIP

they should definitely consider putting emergency door release or something.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
I'm not sure what to say. That is awful.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
Was that the original Murci from all the Lambo posters & advertising?

Old 03-21-2009, 12:47 AM
GDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to all
very sad.i hope he was OK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Dangers of Lambo Doors ****GRAPHIC NSFW****