Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Who has the Lamborghini with the highest mileage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:43 PM
hardracing is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alleykat
From what i've read sometimes the cars with actual mileage on them are better than the garage queens.Leaving a car sitting for long periods of time is definitely not good.

Very True.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:29 PM
SiNzz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hardracing
Very True.

Yep. A garage queen might be great if you're planning to keep it in a garage with the purposes of creating a "bubble" car to sell 25 years down the road. However, for real world purposes, a car needs to be driven both often and briskly to keep everything in tip-top shape. I'd much prefer a car with more miles that I knew had been driven, maintained and had the bugs (if any) fixed than one with 2,000 miles on the odo.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:10 AM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Ours is at about 37k. It has been a good car but definitely not inexpensive. I have a $50,000 Gallardo engine coffee table to prove it!

Old 07-10-2009, 11:12 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrEdS4
Ours is at about 37k. It has been a good car but definitely not inexpensive. I have a $50,000 Gallardo engine coffee table to prove it!
Um, Ed, we need to see a pic of that coffee table.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:07 AM
socalmr is infamous around these parts
what happened?

Old 07-11-2009, 06:09 AM
turbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by socalmr
what happened?
He needed a new coffee table!

Old 07-11-2009, 07:08 AM
Bobbywhite is infamous around these parts
Good luck on the hunt.

Robert

Old 07-11-2009, 11:32 AM
alpineovernappa is a jewel in the roughalpineovernappa is a jewel in the roughalpineovernappa is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by turbo50mike
He needed a new coffee table!

Old 07-13-2009, 03:59 AM
Alleykat is infamous around these parts
Details please.

Oh and here goes a Gallardo FS with 44k miles on the odometer!
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

Old 07-13-2009, 05:54 AM
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Gungriffin
Simon George of Evo has a Murci with something approaching 70,000 mi on the clock and the amazing thing is that a very large number of those miles (guessing up to half?) are on the track.

Here is the article when they retired it for the LP640. He decided to keep it because the depreciation with 44K mi was so eye watering...
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evol...urcielago.html
At the bottom of this article he discusses that it now has over 70,000
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evol...ini_lp640.html
It appears from the June copy of Evo mag that I have just finished reading that Simon's old Murcie now has 109,000 miles! on it
Now thats no garage queen lol!

Old 07-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Little over 10k miles on mine...almost 11k

Old 07-13-2009, 11:38 AM
BMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really nice
Details please.

Wow never seen a Gallardo in that color at that price!

Old 07-13-2009, 04:12 PM
domesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by iJeremy
Seems even more strange that they fitted an odometer that counts dollars instead of miles?!
Its so you can see the depreciation for every mile you drive

Old 07-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Ag02M5 has a spectacular aura aboutAg02M5 has a spectacular aura about
Details please.

I was going to go look at it this past weekend but it sold on ebay BIN before I had a chance.

Oh well, I will hold out for an 06...or even better a Superleggera!

Old 07-13-2009, 06:42 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
I own an exotic rental car company in Atlanta. I got the Gallardo in the Summer of 06 and it was a big hit. The car did really well. I rented it to a customer in Florida for a few months during the winter/spring of 07 at a discounted rate since that is the slow season here in Georgia. He drove the car incredibly hard and in the course of about 3,000 miles destroyed the clutch, tires, and put a couple of rods through the block. He posts here occasionally and it has been an ongoing legal battle to recover damages for what was obviously abusive driving but in a situation like that, the customer is responsible. Also worth noting is that in a situation like that, insurance doesn't cover it because it is a mechanical failure rather than an acident.

It is the cost of doing business for us but other than that, the car has been great. The new engine has about 12-15k miles on it. We get 8-10k miles per clutch. They are very prone to oil leaks, particularly at the rear main seal. The AC compressor went out on ours but even all full strength, it is not great. The only other recurring issue is that the car struggles at times to create enough battery voltage to do everything it needs to. If you start the car up with the ac on, radio blasting, and headlights on at night, it will throw a transmission warning light. If you drive 10 feet before you turn things on, no problems. It may be due to a bad ground somewhere but we haven't found it yet.

They are not cheap cars to drive but nothing gets attention like a Lamborghini. Figure you will be paying about $.8-1.00 per mile for the clutch/TO bearings, $.15-.20 per mile for tires, $.30 per mile for oil and major servicing, and probably about $.20 per mile for misc. repairs. Depreciation is tough to gauge but it is unlikely ever to get much under $.70-1.00 even on higher mileage cars. That comes to about $3.00 per mile without any crazy repairs like replacement engines or cosmetic reconditioning.

Great cars and probably one of the cheapest modern exotics to drive but definitely not inexpensive. Hope this helps some interested buyers. Anyone who is interested in knowing more, feel free to ask, PM me, or email me. Drive safe!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who has the Lamborghini with the highest mileage?