Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

How much power can a stock-engined Gallardo make (answer inside)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 04:05 PM
RedGTS is infamous around these parts
How much power can a stock-engined Gallardo make (answer inside)

At least this much:

That's 4, 8, and 10 psi, as shown at the upper left. Major props to Kevin, KC, John, and the rest of the gang at Underground Racing for exceeding my expectations! I'm tempted to leave the rear bumper off:

Old 07-08-2009, 04:26 PM
DJH
DJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really nice
I would so drive that w/o the rear bumper! Looks amazing!

Old 07-08-2009, 05:06 PM
turbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant future
Do you mean that it is making nearly 1000 wheel hp with stock pistons, rods, sleeves?

Old 07-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by turbo50mike
Do you mean that it is making nearly 1000 wheel hp with stock pistons, rods, sleeves?
Yes. The 8 psi and 10 psi runs were with race fuel (of course), and I should clarify that I don't plan to run that much power on a consistent basis. I'll probably leave it on 4 psi most of the time when just driving around and the 8 psi (with race fuel) can be my "kill" setting. These engines make absurd amounts of power with relatively low amounts of boost (the high compression is much more efficient), but obviously there is a risk involved too with stock internals, and I don't want to push the edge of the envelope too far.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:06 PM
turbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant futureturbo50mike has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RedGTS
Yes. The 8 psi and 10 psi runs were with race fuel (of course), and I should clarify that I don't plan to run that much power on a consistent basis. I'll probably leave it on 4 psi most of the time when just driving around and the 8 psi (with race fuel) can be my "kill" setting. These engines make absurd amounts of power with relatively low amounts of boost (the high compression is much more efficient), but obviously there is a risk involved too with stock internals, and I don't want to push the edge of the envelope too far.

Yeah, I found the post on LamboPower after this one. That's awesome. Good luck to you 'pioneers' of stock motored boost!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:49 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
The ***-End of that car looks like the Monsters from the last Matrix.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:12 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
So sweet! What turbos on this set up?

Old 07-09-2009, 07:37 AM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Nice. I have been chatting with UGR about that setup without pulling the engine. If you dont mind - what was the cost for the kit without pulling the engine (if you could PM me or whatever).
UGR certainly seems like they are building nice cars. One thing that I kinda like about the new Heffner setup though is the placement of the turbos -- you can see them when you open the hood :-) (it's silly and wouldnt sway me one way or the other for something like appearance...but still...its cool :-))

How's the driveability and such?

Old 07-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
So sweet! What turbos on this set up?
Precision 62mm billet units.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by villains_turbo
Nice. I have been chatting with UGR about that setup without pulling the engine. If you dont mind - what was the cost for the kit without pulling the engine (if you could PM me or whatever).
UGR certainly seems like they are building nice cars. One thing that I kinda like about the new Heffner setup though is the placement of the turbos -- you can see them when you open the hood :-) (it's silly and wouldnt sway me one way or the other for something like appearance...but still...its cool :-))

How's the driveability and such?
Well I tried to send you a PM but I need a couple more posts to cross the magic 15 post threshold, apparently. Lol! I can't address driveability yet because I'm not going to get the car until Saturday, but from talking with other owners the driveability should be stock-like and very smooth. I'll update the thread once I get the car back, and I'll send you a PM on the pricing issue once I'm allowed to.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Former Vendor
RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !
awesome! i would drive around without a bumper just to blind people!

Last edited by RUFone; 07-09-2009 at 09:03 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Alleykat is infamous around these parts
Amazing work.I bet it sounds just as good.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:29 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Excellent results! Very impressive for being a "non-built" block.

What is the factory compression ratio of the factory Gallardo V10?
Did you guys do a special headgasket to drop it a few points?

Old 07-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by AWD
Excellent results! Very impressive for being a "non-built" block.

What is the factory compression ratio of the factory Gallardo V10?
Did you guys do a special headgasket to drop it a few points?
11:1. And completely stock.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:59 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

That is absoutely sick.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much power can a stock-engined Gallardo make (answer inside)