Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Good time to buy 07 Lp640 or wait ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yellowbmr
By the way, I believe Accords do keep their resale value. 200k loss on a Murci LP in 2 years means the car was overpriced to begin with.

Nope, wrong again...what it means is that you have LOST two years of fun and pleasure in your life..

Sorry you need to value YOURSELF more and enjoy your life...I would buy a "grave lot" now...hell it is only going to go up as there is no more land being made..

NOW get out there and have fun with your OH TO SHORT life, as all of our lifes are way to short to worry over them.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:08 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
I personally would wait, but 15k clutch job?? wow what a killer, but I'd go for stick everytime!

Old 07-19-2009, 01:40 PM
srtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to behold
400k lambo = 15k clutch (3.75% of the car's value)

12k hyundai accent = 500 dollar clutch (4.17% of car's value)

did you expect a 500 dollar clutch on a 400k car?

i'm with roy on this one. enjoy life today never know what will happen tomorrow! my only goal in life is to have as few regrets as possible

Old 07-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by srtricky
400k lambo = 15k clutch (3.75% of the car's value)

12k hyundai accent = 500 dollar clutch (4.17% of car's value)

did you expect a 500 dollar clutch on a 400k car?

i'm with roy on this one. enjoy life today never know what will happen tomorrow! my only goal in life is to have as few regrets as possible

a Hyundai clutch will last 150k miles, a Lambos will be lucky to make 15k miles with alot of people. In a 400k car you would expect a little better no matter what the cost of it is.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
^^^Damn law of diminishing returns.....

Old 07-22-2009, 11:50 PM
eaglesbasketbal is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
Why care...? If you want it, get it and enjoy it..

If you are worried about it not being worth it, then dont get it as you will always worry with every day and mile what its worth or what your loosing...

Oh AND YES it will loose value..EVERY DAY
Do you know approximately when the Murcie successor will be released/announced?

Old 07-23-2009, 01:31 AM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Auctung
a Hyundai clutch will last 150k miles, a Lambos will be lucky to make 15k miles with alot of people. In a 400k car you would expect a little better no matter what the cost of it is.
And that Hyundai clutch is handling 75% less power, delivering it to 2 fewer wheels. This means that with a little simple math:

[{(HP(Hyundai)/HP(Gallardo))-1}x-1]x100=HP(%change)

And then:
HP(%change)xDriveWheels(diff)=Fun(%change)

So that 160 HP Hyundai may never need a clutch, but mathematically it somehow manages to be 150% LESS FUN!

Maybe in saving all that money on all that fun they found the budget to offer their 10 year warranty... Personally I take the 3 year unlimited mileage warranty on the LP640 and never look back.

Last edited by StorminS4; 07-23-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:29 AM
jhp012 is infamous around these parts
make sure you drive it first.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by StorminS4
Maybe in saving all that money on all that fun they found the budget to offer their 10 year warranty... Personally I take the 3 year unlimited mileage warranty on the LP640 and never look back.
and in year 4 when it ****s out at 15k miles for no apparent reason??
will you be happy with that then?

theres no excuse today for them to continue to build ****, but that just my opinion

Old 07-23-2009, 10:00 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Auctung
and in year 4 when it ****s out at 15k miles for no apparent reason??
will you be happy with that then?
Without hesitation. I sign on knowing what I am getting into. Cost of ownership is what it is. If you want it, you're willing to pay it.

And it's not "for no reason," it was because it was being driven. Things wear out, and knowing the lifespan you can drive it to prolong that lifespan, or drive it like you want to get all 150% of that extra fun... I'm with Roy.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by StorminS4
Without hesitation. I sign on knowing what I am getting into. Cost of ownership is what it is. If you want it, you're willing to pay it.

And it's not "for no reason," it was because it was being driven. Things wear out, and knowing the lifespan you can drive it to prolong that lifespan, or drive it like you want to get all 150% of that extra fun... I'm with Roy.

check my sig, I AM with Roy, and nobody would ever acuse me of babing my car
still is absolutly no excuse what so ever to put out **** no matter how you try and sugar coat it.
you sound like you would have no problem putting the service departments children through college, Im sure they will love you someday

Old 07-26-2009, 07:13 AM
Donnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
Nope, wrong again...what it means is that you have LOST two years of fun and pleasure in your life..

Sorry you need to value YOURSELF more and enjoy your life.
THIS IS SOooooooo TRUE

Who cares about depreciation if your getting something back - and man do you GET back when you buy a murci.

If you have to scrimp and save and worry about what the cars costing you in real terms then you should look for a cheaper car - Seriously - I couldnt imagine owning the cars I do and worrying - dont spoil what will be one of the great times in your life by having it overshadowed by money worries. Simply wait till the time is right.... Or buy that Accord.