Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

NEW SHOES for my MURCIE!!! ;)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 01:35 AM
redhotmurc333 is infamous around these parts
NEW SHOES for my MURCIE!!! ;)

Hey everyone! FINALLY I got some new shoes for my Murcie after 3 months of waiting!!! They were special ordered from Japan and are WORK VS-XX Forged Wheels 19x8.5 up front and 20X13's in the rear in a Matte Black finished face with Steel/Chrome Lip Wrapped with Pirelli P-Zero 235/35/19's in the front and Pirelli P-Zero Rosso Assimetrico 345/25/20's in the rear!
Man it was a LOOONG wait and there were production delays for these wheels that's why I was contemplating on either cancelling these and getting something else or just toughing it out and I just toughed and out and I'm glad that I did!
The car was dirty so please excuse it but I couldn't wait to hurry and install them!!! HAHA!!! I just took some pics with my phone cam so I'm going to get her all washed up tomorrow and upload some better pics but hope you enjoy these for now!
And what's NEXT??? Hmmm... STAY TUNED!!!

SP Engineering's Pearly LP up on the lifter getting some "SPECIAL" treatment!!!

HeHe! I know this car has nothing to do with mine getting wheels but I just had to put it up because I know you guys saw it peepin over my car in the background!
The guys at SP Engineering gave me a ride in it awhile back and it is a BLISTERINGLY FAST and SOLID CAR!!! I mean we all know that this car is already fast in it's stock format but oh man oh man!!! With it tuned it SERIOUSLY is a Lambo, Ferrari, and Porsche killer!!! And They are in the works of getting it tuned even FASTER than it is now...It's an AMAZING CAR!!! It not only looks great but it is FAST and I MEAN FFFAAASSSTTTT and SOLID!!! And boy does it sound AMAZING!!! Ok back to my car! HAHA!!!

I'll Post better pics and more updates later! Hope everyone enjoys them!

Last edited by redhotmurc333; 09-01-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:18 AM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
GREAT choice of wheels.....always love the Work's!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:15 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks got_hp!!! Yea I've ALWAYS liked the more racey traditional looks of the Work mesh wheels compared to alot of the more blingy looking wheels out on the market today with all the funky spokes and thick chrome dipped look on the outer lips~
And I'm very satisfied with the build quality of the Work wheels and they are prettty darn STRONG!!! That's why I have the exact same set on my 997 but in silver!

Originally Posted by got_hp?
GREAT choice of wheels.....always love the Work's!

Last edited by redhotmurc333; 09-01-2009 at 06:17 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:03 AM
kos
kos is infamous around these parts
Nice!, i'm a little afraid of what the 20's do to your ride quality.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:26 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice! Can you comment on ride quality vs your OEM wheels?

Old 09-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Smile

Thanks KOS and ATL!!! To be honest with you I have had the 19&20 inch combo already, before on my last Murcielago~ I had a set of iForged Senekas, and also a set of Mayas, so I was already familiar with the ride quality thus I chose this size combo again~ In my HONEST opinion, it doesn't really change it at all~Especially because the Murcielago has a cushiony ride quality to begin with...well maybe thru abrupt bumps you can kind of feel the difference dut to more rattles in the car but for the most part it is not bad at all~
I noticed that the Work wheels have somewhat of a conservative offset to the rear wheels(which results in a smaller lip size) compared to that of the iforged therefore not changing the driving characteristics as much on big roundabouts etc...Weird as it seems, I am more used to rougher tighter suspensions so this to me is very very mild and I like it because it doesn't change the ride characteristics too much from stock~
Now to you ATL, your SL has a stiffer/tighter feeling suspension than that of the Murcielago, in which I like(I like that tight feel), so on your car, 20's might have a different feel~ Just make sure, if you do get 20's, to get the right sized tires so that it doesn't throw off your driving characteristics or the all wheel drivetrain~
That is a VERY important factor for the Murcies as they are mechanically driven All Wheel drives so if I get the wrong wheel/tire diameter size, I can run into some big problems, especially cruising for long periods of time at high high speeds, which results in a damaged drivetrain which, if I'm not mistaking, costs in the excess of right around 50-60k...not fun
So to prevent that from happening I have to get the right tires which cost a pretty penny but better than paying for a new drivetrain!
The only people that make this tire size/combo are Pirelli and Nitto at the moment~
I think for the SL, the stock wheels look AWESOME with the multi spoke/Fin style~ And one maufacturer that makes one that looks similar but are a 3 piece wheel and 20's are the HAMANN Anniversary Spoke wheels manufactured by OZ Racing for Hamann~ They don't have a really aggressive offset but look sharp and nice in my opinion~
Wheew! Sorry for the long write up! Hope that answers your questions a bit but I think it's all a matter of opinion~

Last edited by redhotmurc333; 09-01-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:20 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Looks nice!

Old 09-01-2009, 10:57 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the feedback and very good info. I'm putting the stock SL wheels back on soon and selling the aftermarket ones.

Originally Posted by redhotmurc333
Thanks KOS and ATL!!! To be honest with you I have had the 19&20 inch combo already, before on my last Murcielago~ I had a set of iForged Senekas, and also a set of Mayas, so I was already familiar with the ride quality thus I chose this size combo again~ In my HONEST opinion, it doesn't really change it at all~Especially because the Murcielago has a cushiony ride quality to begin with...well maybe thru abrupt bumps you can kind of feel the difference dut to more rattles in the car but for the most part it is not bad at all~
I noticed that the Work wheels have somewhat of a conservative offset to the rear wheels(which results in a smaller lip size) compared to that of the iforged therefore not changing the driving characteristics as much on big roundabouts etc...Weird as it seems, I am more used to rougher tighter suspensions so this to me is very very mild and I like it because it doesn't change the ride characteristics too much from stock~
Now to you ATL, your SL has a stiffer/tighter feeling suspension than that of the Murcielago, in which I like(I like that tight feel), so on your car, 20's might have a different feel~ Just make sure, if you do get 20's, to get the right sized tires so that it doesn't throw off your driving characteristics or the all wheel drivetrain~
That is a VERY important factor for the Murcies as they are mechanically driven All Wheel drives so if I get the wrong wheel/tire diameter size, I can run into some big problems, especially cruising for long periods of time at high high speeds, which results in a damaged drivetrain which, if I'm not mistaking, costs in the excess of right around 50-60k...not fun
So to prevent that from happening I have to get the right tires which cost a pretty penny but better than paying for a new drivetrain!
The only people that make this tire size/combo are Pirelli and Nitto at the moment~
I think for the SL, the stock wheels look AWESOME with the multi spoke/Fin style~ And one maufacturer that makes one that looks similar but are a 3 piece wheel and 20's are the HAMANN Anniversary Spoke wheels manufactured by OZ Racing for Hamann~ They don't have a really aggressive offset but look sharp and nice in my opinion~
Wheew! Sorry for the long write up! Hope that answers your questions a bit but I think it's all a matter of opinion~

Old 09-01-2009, 11:24 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
There isn't too many wheels out there that bring a smile to my face like the Works collection, especially the VS-XX it literally transformed the look of the car!

Old 09-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Miami Photog is a jewel in the roughMiami Photog is a jewel in the roughMiami Photog is a jewel in the roughMiami Photog is a jewel in the rough
Great choice!!!

Old 09-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Thumbs up Thanks everyone! But I'm contemplating on getting them painted silver...hmmm

Thanks Germeezy! Yea I loove the Work VSXX and REZAX Mesh Series! They both remind me of the BBS LM's but with a little more flash without being bling! That's why I havem on the 997 too!

Originally Posted by germeezy1
There isn't too many wheels out there that bring a smile to my face like the Works collection, especially the VS-XX it literally transformed the look of the car!
Thanks Miami Photog!
Originally Posted by Miami Photog
Great choice!!!
But I'm contemplating on if I should get the faces painted silver??? Hmmm...I just love that CLEAN CRISP LOOK!!!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:04 PM
euro_king is infamous around these parts
Looks sick

Old 09-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Sami is infamous around these parts
Wheels look fantastic.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
that came out nuts but i think they could have brought out the wheels just a lil bit??

Old 09-01-2009, 09:56 PM
503Alex is a name known to all503Alex is a name known to all503Alex is a name known to all503Alex is a name known to all503Alex is a name known to all503Alex is a name known to all
Awesome choice on the wheels, the VS-XX are one of my all time favorites!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW SHOES for my MURCIE!!! ;)