Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

02 Murci- Pro's and Con's.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 08:09 AM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JFowler
The price is right because there is back up and maintainence funds. I am looking for the opinions on driveability. I will drive to Monterey 3+ times a year in the NSX. I will put nearly 3000miles on in one trip. The wife and I love to aimlessly drive east of the mountains, (Idaho.Oregon) and even the NSX brings about tons of attention, so that is O.K. The point I am trying to get at is that it is fun for us to go somewhere and live for a couple of days outside the box. ie..(normal rountines). Can I do it in the Lambo and not have the AAA tow truck follow me.
Nothing is guaranteed. You will hear from people who bought one, drove it for a long time and never had an issue other than routine stuff. You will also hear from ones that had an issue. I had a serpentine belt go on a Murcie and we were stranded. Is that the norm?....NO. Can it happen?...obviously yes. But don't let the "what if's" deter you from owning one. Overall, they are solid cars that perform great, especially when they are driven and serviced. If you're looking for a fun "driver" car, the Gallardo is hands down more fun than the Murcie, IMO. But some prefer the Murcie for it's "presence".

Kyle

Old 10-28-2009, 08:20 AM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by hollywood996tts
Call me a product of the Cannonball Run when I was like 12, but those doors are just bad to the bone.
LOL - I'm considering buying a Countach for the same reason :-)

Old 10-28-2009, 08:27 AM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
I probably shouldnt even post this cause i know the guy is a hater, but a friend in Finland sent me this link the other day:
http://www.lambounfall.de/lamborghin...ago_crash.html

worth reading anyway perhaps.

One thing I can say about the attention is - WATCH OUT - I was rear ended by a 19yr old kid that was chasing me down to take pics in my G.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:31 PM
JFowler is infamous around these parts
Hey Guys! I am Jfowler's Daughter Mikaela. I just wanted to know what you guys think about the design of the Murcielago. Like.... are there any flaws in the car that are the same for every one? i dont mean like the seats or pedals, things having to do with the engine and the drivability of the cars and that sort of thing. Also, things like, are they a sturdy car, could they be a great daily driver, what about long hauls to other states(like my dad mentioned Cali and Idaho). Do you guys think the car will be easy to take care of with all the miles it will get?

THX *<:0)&

Mikaela