Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

02 Murci- Pro's and Con's.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 08:44 PM
JFowler is infamous around these parts
02 Murci- Pro's and Con's.

I am getting ready to add a new family member and that is a 02 Murci. I have listened to the local owners at cars and coffee, but I would like to hear the opinion from others. I will be driving this car about 10,000 per year. The wife and I do alot of road trips and like to do them in the NSX. We will be keeping the NSX but I would like to get more involved with the Italian Community and have chosen the 02 Murci as the car. Manual 6 speed is the one of choice. What are your experiences with this car? All input is welcomed. Thank you.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
02 Murcie....10k miles a year.... = $$$$$$$, both in depreciation and maintenence.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:26 PM
I am not buying the car for resale value, I am buying for utility and instant gratification with driving. What are the $$$ issues you refer to?

Old 10-25-2009, 10:52 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JFowler
I am not buying the car for resale value, I am buying for utility and instant gratification with driving. What are the $$$ issues you refer to?
i think he is talking about the service and maintenance on that car, you could spend 5g, 5,000 being the basic & up to 15,000 in a service charges.... I say go for it, if you are even entertaining a murci, then want do you care about the service charges i would think.....those cars are sick....

Old 10-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
i think he is talking about the service and maintenance on that car, you could spend 5g, 5,000 being the basic & up to 15,000 in a service charges
That's all I'm saying. Just don't stretch your budget to buy the car...leave some room for maintenance and service on an 8 year old car that's going to be driven 10k miles a year. If your budget allows for that, rock on. Enjoy your new toy though.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:42 AM
JoeyM is infamous around these parts
a quote i heard this wkd.

new gallardo owner says to guy driving '02 murc, "how does it drive?"

guy in murc, "like a bus."

the best part about the car is how it looks and it's "presence". in actual driving, i think its not that great.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
02 Murcie....10k miles a year.... = $$$$$$$, both in depreciation and maintenence.
So do you own one..?

Did you have this experiance?>

If you did it is one of the few...

2002-2003 Murcie cars ONLY came in 6 speed and are still some of the best bang for the buck!

Here are the REAL costs associated with say 10K miles a year..

1) 7500 mile fluid and filters $870.00 AUTHORIZED Dealer

2) 15,000 miles Major service with valve adjustment $3600 approx, and that includes the baove 7500 mile service

3) 15-20K miles, depending how you drive, tires $2300

4) 22K-35K miles, again on your driving habit clutch $7100, again includes flids and filter service

5) 45-55K miles, again driving habits brake pads $3100

SO maybe your driving habits were not good or you bought a car with lack of service and was not maintained well to begin with..?

No offense but I get so tired of thesde pie in the sky money quote rumors that are just not correct.

FROM experiance

1)My 2003 Murcie, drove it to 36K miles, still orginal clutch and only required the maintance as stated above, current owner at 41K and still going strong.

2) My 2001 Diablo 6.0, approaching 30K miles, same story.

3) 2002 Yellow Murcie on my site, 26K miles, same story.

Just wife tales of a one car, that gets exploded to ALL cars.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Thank you Roy. I should have stated in my original post that I was looking for opinions by those that own, or have owned a 02-03 Murci.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Relax Roy, I simply got the feeling he was buying an 02 for budget reasons. If that's the case, my advice was simply to save some room for routine maintenance, that is all. Read my 2nd post which clarified that. I told him to "rock on" w/ it. You wouldn't give the same advice? I never stated any "pie in the sky" quote. I'd hate for him to buy the car and not have money for any routine expensives after getting it and not be able to enjoy it. You should always be prepared for worse case scenario. What if 1 month after owning it, the clutch goes out? It happens, just understand you might have to come up w/ that money. If.. you couldn't afford that to happen, then re-think owning the car. I'm all for anyone buying a Lambo.

You don't have to own one to know that putting 10k miles a year on an 8 year old Lambo will cost you something in addition to buying the car, eventually. I'm only trying to help him be prepared and I regret that decision now. After all, he said "all input is welcomed".

I hope you're not asking if I own a Lambo, because I'd begin to think you live under a rock. I've had my share, but I wouldn't trade the one I have now for anything.

Originally Posted by roytoy2003
SO maybe your driving habits were not good
LOL. What gave that away?

Old 10-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
Relax Roy, I simply got the feeling he was buying an 02 for budget reasons. If that's the case, my advice was simply to save some room for routine maintenance, that is all. Read my 2nd post which clarified that. I told him to "rock on" w/ it. You wouldn't give the same advice? I never stated any "pie in the sky" quote. I'd hate for him to buy the car and not have money for any routine expensives after getting it and not be able to enjoy it. You should always be prepared for worse case scenario. What if 1 month after owning it, the clutch goes out? It happens, just understand you might have to come up w/ that money. If.. you couldn't afford that to happen, then re-think owning the car. I'm all for anyone buying a Lambo.

You don't have to own one to know that putting 10k miles a year on an 8 year old Lambo will cost you something in addition to buying the car, eventually. I'm only trying to help him be prepared and I regret that decision now. After all, he said "all input is welcomed".

I hope you're not asking if I own a Lambo, because I'd begin to think you live under a rock. I've had my share, but I wouldn't trade the one I have now for anything.

LOL. What gave that away?

I am relaxed..and NO I dont know you by the screen name or if you own a Lambo, let alone a Murcie..

But YES, I do get tired of all the "inflated" stories of problems people heard someone else had that are just not correct.

A clutch is NOT routine maintance and should NOT be going out in 10K miles, if it does you drove it wrong, the owner prior did or you just got SUCKED in by the Shop to spend money.

The theory that a 8 year old car, (actulay 7 as it came in late 2002 and the MY for 2010 just started), is BS...I dont care HOW many years a car has on it...if maintained correctly and documented..you will have no more issues than any other car..as a matter of FACT, I would rather have a car that has already had its "legs" stretched and sorted out than buying a frickn low mile garage queen that has not had a chance to uncover its issues.

Lamborghini or Chevy, ALL cars cost to maintian them..BUT the big difference is for some reason or another the USA buyer thinks JUST because the car cost 300K new, that you cant put miles on it, you will loose money, it will cost you an arm and a leg to maintain and GOD FORBID there is no way any of these can go to a 100K miles....is there.?

When you do that math, the 300K car compared to a 30K chevy will over the term of 5 years will cost YOU LESS percentage wise from new to re-sale value and Pct of maintaince, dollar for dollar comparison...maybe this is why in all other countrys BUT the USA, (for the majority), THEY drive their cars and enjoy them..

Cause if it is 5 years old, it makes NO major "re-sale" difference in price if it is a 5K mile garage queen or a 20K mile sorted out correct car.

But these are my 2 cents..and YES from owning them for years, putting TONS of miles on them, EVEN in the SNOW AND RAIN and enjoying the hell out them and STILL selling them when my time with them is up.

Also, as of Public DOT records, the 2002 and 2003 cars , (murcie) had the LEAST amount of factory recalls campared to all other cars in their catagory from other manufactures..toal of 3 in 2002 and 2 in 2003.

Last edited by roytoy2003; 10-26-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:01 PM
98GMEater is a splendid one to behold98GMEater is a splendid one to behold98GMEater is a splendid one to behold98GMEater is a splendid one to behold98GMEater is a splendid one to behold98GMEater is a splendid one to behold98GMEater is a splendid one to behold
Calm down Roy, he wasnt accusing you of selling yet another lemon.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:08 PM
I am looking for experiences, good and bad with the murci. I am not looking for opinions of Roy Cats. Stay on topic please. In Fact, Roy is the only one here that has given substantial and effective information. Thank you Roy.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:13 PM
98GMEater is a splendid one to behold98GMEater is a splendid one to behold98GMEater is a splendid one to behold98GMEater is a splendid one to behold98GMEater is a splendid one to behold98GMEater is a splendid one to behold98GMEater is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JFowler
I am looking for experiences, good and bad with the murci. I am not looking for opinions of Roy Cats. Stay on topic please. In Fact, Roy is the only one here that has given substantial and effective information. Thank you Roy.

Top Gun Customz already answered your question.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 98GMEater
Calm down Roy, he wasnt accusing you of selling yet another lemon.
Funny how people think a pointed response with actual facts in the response is getting upset, not at all, open forum for open comments and responses...you guys should not take it personly, life is to short for that....just stating my experiance with the cars asked and facts that are easily obtainable from any Authorized Dealer or by surfing the net...

If you have other documented experiance first hand with the cars in question by the poster, by all means post them...but dont post "possible, maybe, I heard" stuff..that does no one any good..

I dont want to get a West Coast (Seattle) against the South (Atlanta) thing going here ...see you are both there, Atlanta, so must know each other and have more knowledge than me of what is up with the cars in that area.

And I ONLY sell Lemons in Pearl or Fly yellow..

Unless of course it is a Ferrari, then there is no choice...they are all lemons IMO LOL LOL

Old 10-26-2009, 05:27 PM
BMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really nice
Roy always gives the best advice IMO...Wish there were more guy's out there like him. So back on topic,if you want to pull the trigger on a 02 Murcie I think you should. Just make sure the car has had all the service's done and get the ppi done. I love how people say "oh make sure you have money aside for the problems" etc etc. Im sure the guy works and has his share of money in the bank/credit cards etc. Worse case he can sell his NSX and use that money towards whatever for the Murcie,but hey its his choice not ours!

And btw....EVERY manual car will need a new clutch sooner or later...Thats just life!

Like Roy says these car's are meant to be driven and not to sit in the garage and look pretty. Murcie's are still fun in the rain/snow!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 02 Murci- Pro's and Con's.