Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

02 Murci- Pro's and Con's.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
I had an 01 NSX and got an 01 Diablo to go with it.
major $$$ for me in maintance, but hopefully Audi got it together with the Murci. Either way, you are in for far more expence keeping a Lambo going than NSX.
Had the NSX for 6 years and ZERO problems ever, well the battery died when I didnt drive it for 4 months, but that was my fault

btw, my tires are lucky to last 7k miles, and I cracked the rotors and ate the pads up around 12k miles, so I may be a tad harder on the car than others
tire life was about the same for the NSX

Old 10-26-2009, 06:51 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Murci is on my list of adds to the stable in the next year or so. This year was an F car maybe next year is the Lambo. Call me a product of the Cannonball Run when I was like 12, but those doors are just bad to the bone.

Not to mention the rest of the car.

Sounds like an early X-mas present. Enjoy the heck out of it in good health!

Old 10-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
I hear Roy has a nice pearl yellow 01 Diablo 6.0 for sale on his page too

much more fun than a Murci

Old 10-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
But YES, I do get tired of all the "inflated" stories of problems people heard someone else had that are just not correct.

OOOkaaay. Since I didn't even mention ANY inflated figure, story, or anything, I'm not sure what you're referring to. The ONLY thing I mentioned was to budget for routine maintenance. So what did I state that is not accurate? So there is no need to budget for routine maintenance? I apologize then. It is stupid to budget for anything when buying a Lambo and I should have known that.

P.S. I've driven plenty Lambos well beyond what they were meant to be driven!

Old 10-27-2009, 07:59 AM
Former Vendor
D2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to all
This is a good post. I think with the pricing of these cars coming down so low, alot of people are interested in picking them up. Roy does have real world experience, and Top Gun also bought out a great point. In all honestly Roy and Top are saying the same thing! Roy just provided a little factual data.

The Murci has such presence, good luck with finding the perfect one!

Old 10-27-2009, 08:27 AM
JoeyM is infamous around these parts
what specifically would you like to know?

i can give you generalities:

how it drives:

1. it's wide and low, with a big turning circle. i always thought visibility out of the back was pretty good, til i was moving it around a showroom and people were giving me directions and i couldnt see crap. but in real life, its not bad. and if its ever too sketchy i just have someone spot for me while backing up. be weary of blind spots on highway cuz cars come screaming to take a look and often sit there taking pics.

2. it's pretty fast, but surprisingly does not have huge low end torque considering its a 6.2. it does pretty good on the highway, but this past weekend, a new viper stayed firmly planted on my butt on a highway run and i got walked terribly by a ford gt with a pulley and a tune. the traction control light flashes a lot, and is too aggressive, but you can turn it off.

3. it's nimble for it's size, but it is not that great as a backroad canyon carver. it weighs almost 4k pounds and is wide.

4. i have found the seat to be uncomfortable after about an hr or so. i thought maybe i was just too big for it (6'3" 220ish). but this weekend my friend drove it for an hr and said the same thing. (he is smaller 5'9" and thin).

5. it's loud with an exhaust. i have a 360 with a capristo stg 3 that i thought was loud. i was following my friend in the murc (LOC exhaust) and i couldnt hear my car, but i could hear every shift on the murc, and this was regular highway cruising. people who are prone to headaches don't feel good after riding in the murc with the exhaust after an hr or so.

6. it attracts a lot of attention. that can't be said enough. we've brought it to car shows, and we've been in places where there were cars that cost over 20x what i paid for the murc, but the murc still stole the show.

7. pedal position is horrible for heel and toe. it's not impossible, but it doesn't make it easy.

8. steering is heavy and at the same time, not that communicative. it also tends to understeer.

9. the brakes aren't great.

reliability:

1. i bought the car and it was sorted out before i bought it. but the sorting out cost the person selling it over $20K!!! a big chunk of that was clutch and major service, but thousands of that were seemingly small things that add up fast and are expensive cuz its a lambo.

2. since i've had it, i have had no problems.

So to summarize:
1. a properly sorted one can be reliable. but even small repairs can be expensive.
2. it is an attention *****. kind of scary how much so. it can make you a local celebrity (it got me on a movie set!). whereas my ferrari and me have remained in anonymity.
3. it's not a driver's car. there are many, many cars which are more fun to drive for the sake of driving. but driving this car is an actual event jsut because of what it is.

so i say, if you can do it, buy one. i love mine, and it's the only car of the ones i have right now (i think i have 8 vehicles at the moment) that i know i will not sell.

Last edited by JoeyM; 10-27-2009 at 08:30 AM. Reason: typos
Old 10-27-2009, 08:33 AM
Former Vendor
D2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to all
Originally Posted by JoeyM
3. it's not a driver's car. there are many, many cars which are more fun to drive for the sake of driving. but driving this car is an actual event jsut because of what it is.
I have always felt the same way about the Gen 3 Viper. There are other cars that are alot more enjoyable to drive. Its almost WORK driving these cars, and the gratification is more on the scale of "satisfaction in a hard days work", as opposed to sheer fun.

There are slower cars that you have more fun in.

Great post with no bias, and clear, concise feedback.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, the seats OEM are not great at all...but I have found a pretty easy fix..

Have the butt bulsters bent in, take off the fabric and easily done, it appears they made all the seats LARGE and smaller frame people seem to "slide" around in the base of the seat.

Stock OEM brake pads are not great as well, again an easy fix to an aftermarket better pad with a LOT LESS brake dust.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Yes, the seats OEM are not great at all...but I have found a pretty easy fix..

Have the butt bulsters bent in, take off the fabric and easily done, it appears they made all the seats LARGE and smaller frame people seem to "slide" around in the base of the seat.

Stock OEM brake pads are not great as well, again an easy fix to an aftermarket better pad with a LOT LESS brake dust.

what pads do you recommend?

Old 10-27-2009, 11:23 AM
BMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really nice
JoeyM made excellent points too!!...Iam not a lambo owner yet but I did rent out the red Gotham Murcie last Dec. My points with that were....Yes the OEM seat can get alil bit uncomfy and iam 5'9 200lbs...Rear window you can get use to but parking can tend to get hard...V12,eats alot of gas if you drive it for awhile(compared to a v10 gallardo). Murcie I had did have an exhaust on it so yes its a bit loud but sounds F'n amazing! EVERYONE will stop what they are doing and look at it and yes take pics! You some what get treated like you are a CELEBRITY(feels good AT times).I got to experience it in the snow/rain too and I would say its alil scary but you just have to control the car basically. People will ask left n right what is your occupation. E-gear took me 10mins to get use to..Stock radio and speakers just SUCK,most of the time had it off and windows down listening to the ENGINE. The lambo is a really enjoyable experience and if you have the funds for it then go for it! I will never 4get that weekend I had and hope to have one real soon!

Old 10-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
I think what Roy was thinking was that I was telling someone that these cars are prone to issues....in some round about way. That IS NOT what I'm saying. I think the Lambo platform, both in the Gallardo and Murcie, has been proven lately to be strong, better than some expected. That does not change the fact that ANY car cost something to own. Simply plan on any car costing something to own and you'll be fine. If you can't afford for anything to tear up that is not in warranty, then reconsider your purchase. And that goes w/ ANY purchase. It doesn't matter what the car in question is. I'm glad Roy brought up the actual prices. Now you can make an educated decision based off those prices and what you can and can't afford if that money needs to be spent. I've got a friend right now that bought a Lotus and just got it delivered. The clutch went out and now it's sitting in his garage until he gets the funds to replace it, and who knows when that'll be, as that was an unexpected expense for him. You don't want to be in that position is all I'm saying.

Kyle

Old 10-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JoeyM
what pads do you recommend?
Any decent upholstery shop can help you out with what you want. Easy seats out, 4 bolts off of the track..less than a day job no problem.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
I think what Roy was thinking was that I was telling someone that these cars are prone to issues....in some round about way. That IS NOT what I'm saying. I think the Lambo platform, both in the Gallardo and Murcie, has been proven lately to be strong, better than some expected. That does not change the fact that ANY car cost something to own. Simply plan on any car costing something to own and you'll be fine. If you can't afford for anything to tear up that is not in warranty, then reconsider your purchase. And that goes w/ ANY purchase. It doesn't matter what the car in question is. I'm glad Roy brought up the actual prices. Now you can make an educated decision based off those prices and what you can and can't afford if that money needs to be spent. I've got a friend right now that bought a Lotus and just got it delivered. The clutch went out and now it's sitting in his garage until he gets the funds to replace it, and who knows when that'll be, as that was an unexpected expense for him. You don't want to be in that position is all I'm saying.

Kyle
See we do agree...I agree with ALWAYS have back up money for ANYTHING..Hell even "Elf's" always have some extra at the end of the nite... LOL LOL

Old 10-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Any decent upholstery shop can help you out with what you want. Easy seats out, 4 bolts off of the track..less than a day job no problem.

oh, i meant brake pads.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:20 PM
JFowler is infamous around these parts
The price is right because there is back up and maintainence funds. I am looking for the opinions on driveability. I will drive to Monterey 3+ times a year in the NSX. I will put nearly 3000miles on in one trip. The wife and I love to aimlessly drive east of the mountains, (Idaho.Oregon) and even the NSX brings about tons of attention, so that is O.K. The point I am trying to get at is that it is fun for us to go somewhere and live for a couple of days outside the box. ie..(normal rountines). Can I do it in the Lambo and not have the AAA tow truck follow me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 02 Murci- Pro's and Con's.