Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Question about UGR Gallardos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 11:42 PM
t0pgear is just really nicet0pgear is just really nicet0pgear is just really nicet0pgear is just really nice
Question about UGR Gallardos

Are the 1200-1500 UGR Gallardos Egear or stick? and whichever one they are using, are the transmission internals still stock?

Old 11-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Depending on gearing options, UGR has solutions for those who want to run more than what the stock gearing will allow, so yes they are stock. From what I've seen most if not all the 1200-1500 whp cars are manual.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:41 AM
ETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant future
Both, but mostly 6 speed. I know one of the TT LP560s is e gear and a black Heffner TT GSL is e gear as well

Old 11-29-2009, 11:46 AM
t0pgear is just really nicet0pgear is just really nicet0pgear is just really nicet0pgear is just really nice
how does e-gear hold up to that kind of power?

Old 11-29-2009, 03:44 PM
ETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant future
Same as the 6 speed I believe. Any time you double the HP of a car the clutch will let go eventually. With an upgraded twin disc clutch you really have nothing to worry about

Old 11-30-2009, 06:12 AM
Ricketts has a spectacular aura aboutRicketts has a spectacular aura about
Most of them are the 6-speed cars, and no the internals of trans on those big power cars are not stock.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:59 AM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Sounds like you may have more than one question. I'd PM Underground Racing as Kevin will be able to answer any question you throw at him about these cars. The egear is the only thing that I have no experience w/ on a UR TTG. I do know they have done a few egear cars. Their matte black LP560 is an "R" version and has egear. They use the same Tilton triple carbon clutch I believe. Could be the reason you see more 6 speed manuals is because a lot of hard core guys into racing like a clutch. I'm that way, but the egear is nice and i've ridden in the matte black LP560 of theirs and it's pretty wicked.

I feel they have really perfected the gearing in these cars, as the power is even more usable w/ the gearing. Also, it's not just a matter of swapping out the gearing and that's it. They have found exactly what to do while they're in there to keep those gears happy and running strong. Their gears are WAY stronger than stock after those mods.

Last edited by Top Gun Customz; 11-30-2009 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:57 PM
2001s4ics is infamous around these parts
Back from the dead! 2 yrs later have people have more success with 6 speed or e gear cars? curious to know how opinions especially when gettin upwards of 1000+hp

Old 01-23-2011, 02:52 AM
MustangMan is infamous around these parts
just curious.. wasnt the gallardo SL the crashed at the texas mile an e-gear.. i mean does the old gen SL come with a stick shift?

Old 01-23-2011, 03:41 AM
Perdition is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MustangMan
just curious.. wasnt the gallardo SL the crashed at the texas mile an e-gear.. i mean does the old gen SL come with a stick shift?
Richard's SL was E-Gear. Both the original SL and the 570SL can be had with a 6speed manual as well as E-Gear.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:56 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I think there is very little difference between the transmission of a 6 speed and e gear except for the servo which changes the gears? Thus in theory they should be able to hold the same amount of power but you will not loose boost between shifts? I think the fastest cars will be those who are e gear?
Robert

Old 01-24-2011, 06:15 AM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
Peter Blach stated that e-gear cannot "brake boost". Whys that?

Old 01-24-2011, 06:46 AM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by robmd99
I think there is very little difference between the transmission of a 6 speed and e gear except for the servo which changes the gears? Thus in theory they should be able to hold the same amount of power but you will not loose boost between shifts? I think the fastest cars will be those who are e gear?
Robert
Egear does loose boost. It's not like a DCT, unfortunately. But it must be faster than a standard stick-shift because of the perfect redline shifts and the speed of the shift. Still not seamless though like the PDK/DCT.

Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3
Peter Blach stated that e-gear cannot "brake boost". Whys that?
Electronics? I know on cars like the GT-R, the car won't let you brake boost because of the software. Though tuners might find a way around it.

My question to the UR team is:

Are the higher horsepower TT Lambos still AWD or they are converted to RWD? If yes, what power level does this need to be done? What is the reason for this? Do they still grip?

Thank you!

Old 01-24-2011, 08:24 AM
MustangMan is infamous around these parts
well i remember this white Murcie TT by heffner (i guess..) that was converted to RWD. not sure if its common to all models though..

Old 01-24-2011, 08:32 AM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Egear does loose boost. It's not like a DCT, unfortunately. But it must be faster than a standard stick-shift because of the perfect redline shifts and the speed of the shift. Still not seamless though like the PDK/DCT.

Electronics? I know on cars like the GT-R, the car won't let you brake boost because of the software. Though tuners might find a way around it.

My question to the UR team is:

Are the higher horsepower TT Lambos still AWD or they are converted to RWD? If yes, what power level does this need to be done? What is the reason for this? Do they still grip?

Thank you!
They are still awd but they do dyno them in a rwd format.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question about UGR Gallardos