Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo vs Twin Turbo Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 09:22 PM
widebody350 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SFdreamer
I would love to hear the results on that. I've always wanted to build an EVO to that power level.
Of those two cars, it's interesting that you said build an Evo to that power level, not a G to 1300hp.

The Gallardo vs Evo race goes back to what I was saying about the Gallardo vs. GTR and the Murcie in regards to displacement and spool time, but in this race the Gallardo also has more hp. I would think it would be a cake walk for the Gallardo but we'll see I guess.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:22 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Again just because you guys personally have won vs faster RWD competition does not mean you can make a blanket statement that there is not a RWD or LSX car PERIOD that can hang with the 9.1@ 169 Gallardo from a roll.

Remember I never said on street tires or even street legal, I simply said it was presumptuous to assume that no car RWD or LSX car could beat that Gallardo from a roll. IMO I think its safe to assume cars that can run 2 seconds faster and trap over 25 mph more setup to run on a 275 width d.o.t legal drag radial would be able to hook with the right suspension setup on a wrinkle wall slick from a freeway roll.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:44 AM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
LOL. And what walk of life would that be?!!!

I understand if some want to keep the potential of their car on the downlow for street racing, but the internet kinda pulls the lid off that.

Isn't that a quote from Yogi Berra?

The common sense walk of life.

The internet is a tool,...things are percieved, things are believed,...money is made.

Originally Posted by germeezy1
Another thing I find very funny is that you guys are looking at his sig, if you look closer you will see he was making 787 rwhp at 11 psi on a stock bottom end. You don't think he is saying he will blow through 205 mph without possibly making a few changes.....

Small minds don't understand that. What i've done on the stock bottem end, should speak wonders of my kit, and it's capability at low boost, and hardly ANY timing on pump gas. Those numbers by the way, were stopped at 5700ish rpm, as a result of fuel pressure dropping rapidly. AT that time, my fuel system just couldn't support what I had asked of it,... limiting my numbers to 787. It would have made 850 at the same boost level if we supplied it with enough rpm and fuel.

I now have enough fuel to support 2500hp. E85 is where it's at instead of mobil 93. I have a bottom end,...that is far from stock(diamond pistons-etc etc), heads, much larger then my little afr 205's(TEA 235's),..and intake that out flows my last by ALOT,....not to mention a few other tricks up our sleeves. New gearing..... etc.

Like I said,... it'll walk right on by 200. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

Heres my gear ratio setup in the car now.

1st gear 72mph
2nd gear 108mph
3rd gear 148mph
4th gear 193mph
5th gear 260mph

Only slow cars race to 130mph. Only cars that I know of that shut down there,... are dudes that can't bang 5th gear(in most cars).

Old 02-24-2010, 05:48 AM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Again just because you guys personally have won vs faster RWD competition does not mean you can make a blanket statement that there is not a RWD or LSX car PERIOD that can hang with the 9.1@ 169 Gallardo from a roll.

Remember I never said on street tires or even street legal, I simply said it was presumptuous to assume that no car RWD or LSX car could beat that Gallardo from a roll. IMO I think its safe to assume cars that can run 2 seconds faster and trap over 25 mph more setup to run on a 275 width d.o.t legal drag radial would be able to hook with the right suspension setup on a wrinkle wall slick from a freeway roll.
eezy... you gotta understand brother,... your dealing with people here(majority) that are truly one sided.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of

That is his opinion and that goes w/o saying. It's like someone saying the Saints are the greatest football team ever. Obviously that is not a fact for everyone, but someone's opinion, and that always goes w/o saying. It's not like it's a big deal. You have a different opinion...fine.

1) We were talking about street cars on the street. If the car is not street legal then should it be brought up in a discussion about street cars?

2) I'd have to think that if a car just ran a 7.9 let's say at the dragstrip, and then it attempted that same pass on the street (if someone was crazy enough to do it), it's ET would go up by a good 2 seconds... or more...at best and it's MPH would decrease by a huge amount due to traction. But you wouldn't agree w/ that?

Although it hasn't been to the track to be documented, I'd say the few 1500+whp Gallardos are capable of mid to high 8's and easy 170+mph in the 1/4....in full street trim.

P.S. I'm not here to just wave the TTG flag, as I own several high hp RWD cars...including a Vette.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:11 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Maybe you should go back and read what he said, I could be wrong but when you say there isn't an LSX RWD car PERIOD that could beat the TT Gallardo than that doesn't sound like an opinion to me. And the word PERIOD typically would mean that it encompasses anything LSX RWD I don't know maybe I need a clarification of some sort.

You guys are allowed to go back and admit to being wrong, and say that there maybe a possibility that your not right 100% of the time. Also I was specifically talking about a certain drag radial class, there are 6 second street legal cars. And for those that know drag racing they know that trap speed tells power....the mph won't go down hugely because of traction issues in most cases the mph goes up with a worse ET and 60 foot time.

So in your opinion your telling me that a car optimized to run low 7's around 190 mph on a 275 drag radial would be impossible to hook on the street no matter what the tire was?

My point is there is always someone faster, no matter what kind of car you drive. I would assume someone that owns as many amazing and fast cars as you do would agree with me.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:13 AM
bombermon is infamous around these parts
I wounder the price difference on the two

Old 02-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Maybe you should go back and read what he said, I could be wrong but when you say there isn't an LSX RWD car PERIOD that could beat the TT Gallardo than that doesn't sound like an opinion to me. And the word PERIOD typically would mean that it encompasses anything LSX RWD I don't know maybe I need a clarification of some sort.
Again, the fact that it's someone's opinion goes w/o saying. Someone could say, again, "the Saints are the greastest football team..ever...PERIOD." They could say that and never say "that's my opinion", but it goes w/o saying that's their opinion...or at least it does w/ most people.

You guys are allowed to go back and admit to being wrong, and say that there maybe a possibility that your not right 100% of the time.
Did you already forget my post # 83 ? Read below...

Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
PS. We are still comparing RWD drive cars, like Vettes, to super high hp AWD TTG's...ON THE STREET, correct? If we're talking street, then I'd have to say the TTG (properly setup) is "virtually" unbeatable. I say "virtually" because you never say never...

And for those that know drag racing they know that trap speed tells power....the mph won't go down hugely because of traction issues in most cases the mph goes up with a worse ET and 60 foot time.
Tell that to Kasey Kahne. I watched him take a TTViper down the dragstrip in Charlotte and could hardly get any traction. His mph?....86.xx. So the car must have been making only a couple hundred hp?

My point is there is always someone faster, no matter what kind of car you drive. I would assume someone that owns as many amazing and fast cars as you do would agree with me.
Hey, we agree!! Thanks

Old 02-24-2010, 11:10 AM
My post was more targeted at Mike who made the original statement, I have already agreed with you when I said the TT Gallardo would be very, very difficult to beat on the street.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:12 AM
No problem. You said "you guys". I thought I must be one of them.

Normally I don't participate much in forums as I stay pretty busy at work. I had shoulder surgery just recently and am under the influence of pain pills and have been laid up a little. Now I know why I don't post too much. This gives me a headache!

Old 02-24-2010, 11:36 AM
My post was more targeted at Mike who made the original statement, I have already agreed with you when I said the TT Gallardo would be very, very difficult to beat on the street.

Dude boasts about beating this "1000rwhp vette" with a poopy driver,... one that greatly misjudged the evo he was racing...the driver was outclassed. Evo was ready. Plain and simple. Congratulations to the winner. Personally, the dude in the vette, is a major tool. The car would be better, with a better driver. However...

...for the DIG race guys, there is serious launch pads on the street in florida. Rear drive cars pull wheelies...on the pad. Sick. South Florida guys know about it. Tires, obviously play a big part, and VHT is they're friends.

Last edited by The Fixed Roof.; 02-24-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Memphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to behold
787rwhp on a stock bottom end, thats gotta be a record on a LS1 . The only stock internal LS motor I have seen higher was a LQ9 at like 84x.

Last edited by Memphis; 02-24-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:29 PM
And that's running out of fuel at 5700 rpm, I have an idea that possibly he has an idea how to tune....I bet I am pushing my motor more at 550-600 rwhp then he is pushing his at 787 rwhp!

Old 02-25-2010, 05:15 AM
Originally Posted by Memphis
787rwhp on a stock bottom end, thats gotta be a record on a LS1 . The only stock internal LS motor I have seen higher was a LQ9 at like 84x.
Good eye Memphis. Your correct. As far as the world knows, atleast in the Y bodies, my setup, has done better then the majority of built bottom end, mid teen boost numbers cars. In other words, nobody has made that kind of power, on a stock bottom end, some haven't made that with fully built motors, period in the vettes. Heres a quick list of a few vettes, in the600-700-800rwhp range.... a list I am not on. I'm knocking on the majority of these peoples doors with hardly any timing, stock, internals. At the time, I had 38mm turbo smart gates, I since have gone to 44mm gates from TiAL, as I was trying to better control the boost on the street with the car,... since it was gonna see more with the vehicle load on the street, then on the dyno.

--------------------800HP Club--------------------

. VLBZ06 892/798 402 Novi 2000/Meth Dyno
. Linxs: 891 365ci TTix/Meth Auto
. Glennd 858/780 416ci D1SC/Meth
. Robert Miller: 857 402ci SC
. Z0Quick 04Z06 832/700 402ci STS Dyno
. chriswtx: 04 Coupe 832/691 346ci Novi 2000/Meth
. Shinobi,s Z: 835/804 347ci PTK TT
. zbc51: 831/841 416ci TTix
. greatwhitess: 831/668 347ci Novi2000/Meth Dyno Sheet
. tlaselva 812/719 427ci Novi 2000/Meth Dyno
. Hermit: 01 Z06 811 TTix
. D C: 04 Coupe 806/730 402ci YSi/Meth Dyno
. LS12NV 804/744 402ci F1A/Meth Dyno
. Drk-Syd: 803/677 346ci F1C/ Twin Meth Dyno
. Denscor 800/760 427ci F1/Meth

--------------------700HP Club--------------------

. Streetfast: 779/808 416ci Novi2200/Meth
. PeterPan:771/639 347ci D1SC/Meth Dyno
. Corvette Chris: 768/691 347ci APS TT/Meth Dyno Sheet
. racerrob333 764/810 347ci D1SC/100 shot N20
. FastBird 761/760 377ci APS TT/Meth Dyno
. Speedy D: 01 Coupe 750/750 346ci APS TT/Meth **FOR SALE**
. flynbludream: 748/623 347ci TTix/Meth
. HP_Addict 02 Z06 742/584 347ci Novi/Meth
. TXZ0603: 03 Z06 725/640 347ci Custom TT 60-1/Meth Dyno Sheet
. sultan 2 ZR1 KSA: 721/783 346ci LPE Twin turbo Dyno
. Yellow03Z06: 03 Z06 719/589 Novi/Meth (Stock bottom) Dyno
. Gotham Vette: 716/627 D1SC/Meth
. MarkT 2002: 709/688 405ci T-Trim
. NemesisC5: 99 Coupe 708/640 346ci (Stock bottom) S-Trim/Meth Dyno Sheet
. TheDingo 708/618 346ci D1SC/Meth
. venomws7: 701/699 346ci STS/Meth Dyno
. MadMatt9471 98 Coupe 701/582 347ci P1SC/Meth Dyno

--------------------600HP Club--------------------

. Flash of Red 668/630 346 ci APS TT/Meth (Stock bottom)
. Robert56@RNS: 644/717 408ci 200shot Dual Stage dry
. Brian@FI Performance: 01 Z06 625/548 346ci DiSC/Cry02 (Stock bottom)
. RIKKITIK: 610/518 V3si (Stock bottom)
. Bullitt 4110 608/520 383ci P1SC/Meth
. Quick 68 03 Z06 608 Vortec (Stock block)
. 98vettedave: 606/589 383ci Zex DP/175 shot

And that's running out of fuel at 5700 rpm, I have an idea that possibly he has an idea how to tune....I bet I am pushing my motor more at 550-600 rwhp then he is pushing his at 787 rwhp!
I have a great relationship with a couple of great tuners, Johan Mangs from Diablosport, and Brian Mcmahon tuned the last setup. Johan always does my tuning, Brian happened to be around that day, and spent some time with it. Awesome dudes. Great job the day we made those numbers. I was hoping for around 650-maybe close to 700 with low boost. The first pull, blew the tires off and made 708rwhp. We pretty much at that point did what we could to back off the power(I was coming from a centrifugal and 615rwhp on 8 psi on the same motor). The rest, is pretty wild.

As far as beating on the car when it was on 787 mode, it was alot of fun racing 1000cc bikes, and short shifting the whole way, staying out front, laughing our asses off in the process. It ramped up soo fast to 5500rpms,.. several times, I ended up going to 6K,.. on accident. Just a couple of times. Glad it didn't pop from lack of fuel. I will say, it was the easiest raceing I have ever put the car through as I REALLY didn't have to push the car as hard as lets say when I ran a TNT F2 shot, or even my procharger that I ran. The car saw much more abuse, and more constant RPM's.

Looking forward to finally being able to rev the car out.

Last edited by The Fixed Roof.; 02-25-2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: VIDEOS
Old 02-25-2010, 12:25 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
Hey FRC add a good friend of mine, Morpheus with Electron Blue 402 STS-TT z06 making 883rwhp.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo vs Twin Turbo Z06