Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo vs Twin Turbo Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 09:49 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Have any of you guys ever driven a rear mount turbo car? Trust me when I say lag is not a problem from a roll even without break boosting. Its not like your starting with a low compression small displacement engine that has no power off boost. Most of the rear mount setups have full boost by 4,000 rpm which you should never, ever be under roll racing anyway. Fact is two close to equal weight cars almost dead even after the jump. He got the jump plain and simple. APS twin turbo Vettes ( front mount ) usually get to max boost a little bit sooner, but on the road especially from a roll the difference is negligible.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
When I saw the Underground Racing TT Gallardo run a 9.1 @ 169mph, I was blown away. I don't believe any LSx based street cars come close? I could be wrong.

They don't seem to be on the upper end at the Texas Mile either. Please share any examples.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:12 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Just off the top of my head I can name off a Z06 with a 422 ci LSx and rear mount 106 mm turbo that is running 7.73 @ 178 on a drag radial. Also an 8.8 @ 155 C6 Z06 on a stock LS7 block with forged internals on pump gas and methanol!

Old 12-31-2009, 07:42 AM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Have any of you guys ever driven a rear mount turbo car?
Yes.

The owners I know complain about the lag also. Let's say there are 2 identical vettes, 1 with an APS/TTi kit and the other with the STS kit but everything else is the same(motor, turbo size, boost level..etc). They are both rolling at 4500rpm and off throttle, on the 3rd honk they both go WOT. Are you saying the STS car will have the same boost response as the other car?

Old 12-31-2009, 08:32 AM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Just off the top of my head I can name off a Z06 with a 422 ci LSx and rear mount 106 mm turbo that is running 7.73 @ 178 on a drag radial.
That's a great example, thanks. I wonder if it ever competed, or could even survive a 1 mile run.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
That's a great example, thanks. I wonder if it ever competed, or could even survive a 1 mile run.

The LSX 6 bolt block is built for 2500 horsepower, the guys at Nelson Racing engines built an 1800 hp LSX for a street driven Mosler which will see track duty albeit probably dialed down closer to 1100 hp. The Keating TKR has already broken the world record for top speed for a production car ( soon to be verified ) also using an 1800 hp NRE built LSx engine so yes they can survive a one mile run. Corvette's have been breaking and held some of the worlds highest speed records for many years.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by nevert00fast
Yes.

The owners I know complain about the lag also. Let's say there are 2 identical vettes, 1 with an APS/TTi kit and the other with the STS kit but everything else is the same(motor, turbo size, boost level..etc). They are both rolling at 4500rpm and off throttle, on the 3rd honk they both go WOT. Are you saying the STS car will have the same boost response as the other car?
Never said that, however at equal power the lag isn't so severe that the equal powered STS car will have 2 car lengths easily pulled on him before he gets into full boost.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Memphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to behold
Just off the top of my head I can name off a Z06 with a 422 ci LSx and rear mount 106 mm turbo that is running 7.73 @ 178 on a drag radial. Also an 8.8 @ 155 C6 Z06 on a stock LS7 block with forged internals on pump gas and methanol!
That Z06 with a bit of a different setup holds the LS drag radial record at 7.11@204 mph

Old 01-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor
D2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to allD2FORGED is a name known to all
Looks to me like, the vette either slightly missed 2nd or had traction issues going into second. The way the lambo leaped foward between that 1-2 shift told me all I needed to know especially how the vette began to come back after loosing so much ground. I would say that that vette is just a little faster.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:18 PM
[quote=germeezy1;2672121]
The LSX 6 bolt block is built for 2500 horsepower, the guys at Nelson Racing engines built an 1800 hp LSX for a street driven Mosler which will see track duty albeit probably dialed down closer to 1100 hp.
That's an impressive number but I would like to see it make a 1 mile pass without blowing up, or even a 1/4 mile pass. It will be interesting to see the results.

Regarding the Moser, please tell me you're not referring to the vaporware Landshark?

The Keating TKR has already broken the world record for top speed for a production car ( soon to be verified ) also using an 1800 hp NRE built LSx engine so yes they can survive a one mile run.
It can survive it, but when a Supra hits 246mph in a standing mile vs. the TKR's 260mph in a top speed run, I would be curious to know what the actual horsepower is on the Supra too.

Corvette's have been breaking and held some of the worlds highest speed records for many years.
So? So have Porsches and Ferraris, Koenigsegg, Bugatti, SSC, etc.

Old 01-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Ok you just said you would like to see it survive one quarter mile run or one mile run, but then said it would survive it. The Mosler does exist, it was built by Nelson racing engines you should do some research on them before you start discounting wether the engine will last a Texas Mile. NRE builds motors for alot of street cars, 1800 hp engines that don't overheat and you can drive in traffic. I hope that your sincerely asking out of curiosity and not to discount the LSx engine. Breaking 200 mph in the 1/4 mile on a drag radial is nothing to laugh at.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Murtaza is infamous around these parts
Amazing car but the video was horrid, especially the music. Also racing till 190 with windows down is just silly (it adds a lot of drag).

Old 01-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
When I saw the Underground Racing TT Gallardo run a 9.1 @ 169mph, I was blown away. I don't believe any LSx based street cars come close? I could be wrong.

They don't seem to be on the upper end at the Texas Mile either. Please share any examples.
This Gallardo would rule the streets in any state from a roll Hands down.. The most i could get an Evo Street car to trap was 157mph and it handled 1000whp Vettes by bus lengths.. a 169 trap AWD car that can fit 305+ tires on it will rule the streets against anything LSx RWD PERIOD..

Mike

Old 01-01-2010, 11:19 PM
I hope that your sincerely asking out of curiosity and not to discount the LSx engine. Breaking 200 mph in the 1/4 mile on a drag radial is nothing to laugh at.
Yes, out of curiosity. However the upper end of the 200mph+ club is seems a little low on LSx powered cars. I'm looking forward to seeing other LSx results in the standing mile.

Old 01-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
This Gallardo would rule the streets in any state from a roll Hands down.. The most i could get an Evo Street car to trap was 157mph and it handled 1000whp Vettes by bus lengths.. a 169 trap AWD car that can fit 305+ tires on it will rule the streets against anything LSx RWD PERIOD..

Mike
200 mph on a drag radial, that is a RWD LSX car ....I doubt the Gallardo would have a chance from a roll with a car properly setup to trap another 35 mph on the top end and on a drag radial. Their are alot of cheaper and easier ways to build a drag car and/or roll on beast than buying a Gallardo.
We also see in the video as has been stated the Corvette was coming from behind on the all mighty Gallardo, I doubt its invincible in any state on the streets.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo vs Twin Turbo Z06