Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo vs Twin Turbo Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 01:34 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by germeezy1
200 mph on a drag radial, that is a RWD LSX car ....I doubt the Gallardo would have a chance from a roll with a car properly setup to trap another 35 mph on the top end and on a drag radial. Their are alot of cheaper and easier ways to build a drag car and/or roll on beast than buying a Gallardo.
We also see in the video as has been stated the Corvette was coming from behind on the all mighty Gallardo, I doubt its invincible in any state on the streets.
A car that traps 200mph RWD wouldnt beat an 11second awd car on the street.. it would spin into the ditch before 100mph..

The corvette coming from behind wasnt chasing a 169mph trap gallardo.. Ill stick to my statement NO RWD car PERIOD will roll with a 169mph Gallardo Sorry..

There is a RULE in street racing that makes this simple to understand how RWD cars act on the street..

If it hooks it doesnt make enough HP to beat a 169mph gallardo..

If it makes enough HP to beat a 169mph gallardo it doesnt hook.. I dont care what tire it is.. could be 33x14 for all i care.. it wont hook..

Watch some videos of when 200mph cars get out of the groove on a well prepped track.. Imagine bare asphalt.. NO TRACTION..

This might help you understand a little.. here is a video of my 8 sec Evo on the street with 712whp vs a 1000+hp Vette.. From a roll..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89Y-_s0UmBQ

Give the vette 2000hp and the race will end even worse.. TRUST ME..

Old 01-02-2010, 12:20 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
A car that traps 200mph RWD wouldnt beat an 11second awd car on the street.. it would spin into the ditch before 100mph..

The corvette coming from behind wasnt chasing a 169mph trap gallardo.. Ill stick to my statement NO RWD car PERIOD will roll with a 169mph Gallardo Sorry..

There is a RULE in street racing that makes this simple to understand how RWD cars act on the street..

If it hooks it doesnt make enough HP to beat a 169mph gallardo..

If it makes enough HP to beat a 169mph gallardo it doesnt hook.. I dont care what tire it is.. could be 33x14 for all i care.. it wont hook..

Watch some videos of when 200mph cars get out of the groove on a well prepped track.. Imagine bare asphalt.. NO TRACTION..

This might help you understand a little.. here is a video of my 8 sec Evo on the street with 712whp vs a 1000+hp Vette.. From a roll..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89Y-_s0UmBQ

Give the vette 2000hp and the race will end even worse.. TRUST ME..
I just think its a little presumptious to think that there is no setup anywhere, not a Viper, Vette, or Supra that could beat a 169 mph trapping car on the street from a roll.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
I just think its a little presumptious to think that there is no setup anywhere, not a Viper, Vette, or Supra that could beat a 169 mph trapping car on the street from a roll.
Depends on what mph the roll starts. If it's in the triple digits its fair game.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Memphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to behold
I'm just going to leave this here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfu88mxScFE

Old 01-03-2010, 01:09 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I would imagine a car setup to run low 7's and trap 204 on a drag radial even with traction issues from a 60 roll would be able to pull up top, but then again I clearly am not the expert on street racing.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Memphis
I'm just going to leave this here...
That Lambo was NOT at 26psi (although it DYNOED at 26psi). Whoever titled the video must have assumed that since it was dynoed at that psi, it must have been running that psi on the street. It had a mixture of pump gas and race gas w/ the boost turned down because of that. Traffic caused the Viper to go into the emergency lane and the Lambo to let up. Turn up the video near the end and you'll hear it. Not taking anything away from that Viper as it is a VERY STRONG street car. BUT, the setup on that Lambo would have gotten gang raped by the Nera or Jonah's car at the time that was filmed. That Lambo later went back to Underground to be prepped for the mile and got all the upgrades necessary to be a real contender. It went up against the best of the best and has become the ONLY street car other than a Supra to run in the 240's. It is also now the world's fastest Lamborghini.

I understand what Mike is saying (AwdMotorsports). That Viper was at 14psi (according to the owner). The owner has stated that 17-18psi is about all it can handle on the street effectively (and that's w/ a 345 rear tire). I would have to agree. If the car had enough power to run w/ the Lambo now (in it's current form), it wouldn't have the traction. If it had the traction, it wouldn't have enough hp.

Before the hate-mail starts, we are talking about street cars on the street. I'm sure if you went to the track and raced a 7sec Vette against a high 8 or low 9sec Lambo....well, I don't even have to finish that sentence. But that's comparing a car prepped for the track against a car prepped for the street.... that happens to be at the track. Lambos run the same setup at the track as they do on the street. That's also a PREPPED track. Now, take those same 2 cars out on an unprepped street and that's where the Lambo has home field advantage.

I have all the respect in the world for a 7sec car, so not taking anything away from it, but there is no way it could run a 7sec 1/4 mile on the street, simply because of traction. I don't think anyone will argue w/ that. That's the reason you won't see insane 1/4 mile times at the mile. So ask yourself this...what do you feel is the absolute fastest a street car could do the 1/4 mile ON THE STREET?

SW's Supra is the perfect example. His Supra runs a high 7sec 1/4 mile. Do you think he came anywhere close to a 7sec. 1/4 mile at the Texas Mile? I'd say his 1/4 mile (at the mile event) was at least 2 sec slower because of traction on a 100% asphalted, unprepped runway. Also, the car is probably prepped slightly different.

If an LSx car was capable of what that orange Lambo is capable of ON THE STREET, then the Texas Mile results for them would read differently. And I own a C6 Z06, and I love it, so not hating on them.

Hope this was not too far off topic. Back to the video here, that raced seemed pretty accurate given the hp levels of both cars. As for the Lambo getting the jump, those Lambos spool INSTANTLY, and that's the only reason for the quick jump I'd say.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
RWD cars with that kind of crazy power should not be racing on the street with unprepped surfaces, etc.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:18 PM
gweth is infamous around these parts
nice vid

Old 01-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Viper can forget about 100%.. They make too much tq once they make 1500whp and its all down low.. The gear is JUNK as well thats why 2000hp only does 232 vs.. 1500hp street cars go in the 240's.. and finally as i will say over and over again.. TRACTION TRACTION TRACTION.. The lambos can put it down.. Thats the same reason they are going to own the mile shortly.. The supras while still the fastest CANNOT put down the power til the 1/2 mile almost..

Mike

Old 01-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Former Vendor
I would imagine a car setup to run low 7's and trap 204 on a drag radial even with traction issues from a 60 roll would be able to pull up top, but then again I clearly am not the expert on street racing.
You dont understand.. There is no UP TOP left when the traction car gets out.. People mistake a car that traps 150 for example vs a car that traps 170 as being a lock for a win with 20mph trap.. The issue is the race is from 60-160 is over before it gets started when a car gets full traction from the hit.. Its a sprint and a very short sprint in a high HP car.. The race is 1st to 160 not like a standing mile where its terminal speed that matter on the clock.. Its truly the 1st to cross the line or 170 1st wins and the car that can traps 150 will win in that sprint if the Traction is there..

I know this for several reasons besides the 50 street race videos I have on you tube.. I have run a 1000hp Vette with 700 like i showed.. When i let off the brake on a brake boost and put an instant 5 cars in 3rd gear, hes still peddling, i pull 4th and run it out to 160 the race is over before he can make up the gap.. AWD owns the street if the HP is there.. Give it some more time.. in 2010 i would suspect the Gallardo to own the Mile and within a few years the R35 GTR will be up next.. They both have great gearing that the Vettes and Vipers do not..

Mike

Old 01-03-2010, 09:10 PM
I never said anything about street tires, I agree that on street tires a Gallardo would be difficult to beat by a RWD equal hp car on street tires. A car setup to run 7's or 6's on a drag radial or a 10.5 radial on the track would hook on the streets with a real slick and the right suspension. Especially with some of the variable boost and multi stage cars out their optimized to run on a drag radial. All is fair on the street nothing from stopping you from running a wrinkle wall drag slick.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Former Vendor
I never said anything about street tires, I agree that on street tires a Gallardo would be difficult to beat by a RWD equal hp car on street tires. A car setup to run 7's or 6's on a drag radial or a 10.5 radial on the track would hook on the streets with a real slick and the right suspension. Especially with some of the variable boost and multi stage cars out their optimized to run on a drag radial. All is fair on the street nothing from stopping you from running a wrinkle wall drag slick.
I could care less what tire any car runs RWD on the street.. I have seen 33x14 Pro Mod looking tires... I have seen near tube chassis race cars on the street.. THEY DONT HOOK if they make power...

My opinion is this.. If you make 1500hp like the gallardos do and you run 4 drag radials all the way around.. they will hook better than anything else that is RWD that runs any tire they want to run.. I have seen guys on 33x14 full slicks and when they hit on the street which has 0 prep, which is not STICKY they will not hook with 1500hp and the gallardos do.. The car that hooks wins.. The car than can put down 1500hp from 60-160 wins..

Gear based boost control you say?? so take a 1500hp RWD car and run 800whp, then up to 1200, then up 1500 hp finally in high gear at 150+.. The gallardos dont need gear based boost control.. from a roll they HOOK..

I guess we can paper race all night, and this is only my opinion from experience racing 2 of the fastest AWD evos on the street.. If i had to bet on a street race id lay 20:1 all day on that gallardo vs. anything in the US willing to run it from 60-160.. or 60-240 as well.. I cannot fit the tires the gallardo can fit all the way around on my EVO or id be willing to run him with my car on 920whp that trapped 167mph.. It just doesnt hook @ 900hp..

Just remember one thing.. Terminal speed means NOTHING, its not the texas mile.. its an acceleration race to 160 or whatever # it is.. 1st there wins.. if you spin at all or dont lay down your MAX hp right away your dead against a car with less HP.. My busa ran 236.9 mph in the mile and it took around 20 seconds to get there.. I saw logs of a friends bike running 245mph and it was 4 seconds slower.. If we line up side by side I would be 2 bus lengths ahead even though the finished with 8 more mph.. Figure that out.. While the bike was spinning, mine was hooking with less swingarm length.. same applies to the car.. 1st to the set speed or marker wins..

There is 1 possibility which will never happen.. maybe GM could fund a 5 million dollar street racing program and then i would worry with the traction control devices, telemetry, and knowledge they have that yes the gallardo could lose on the street.. LOL otherwise that car has 99.99999 cars covered if he doesnt miss gear of course..

Mike

Old 01-04-2010, 12:06 AM
You may in fact be correct, I just believe that this isn't the fastest street car from a roll on the planet. I also have a hard time believing that a car that runs 7's on a DR at the track would have a problem running high 8's on a wrinkle wall drag slick on the street. And then you said that from any roll that this Gallardo would beat any RWD car.......hmmm but then again as I said I am no expert on street racing as you clearly are.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Memphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
That Lambo was NOT at 26psi (although it DYNOED at 26psi). Whoever titled the video must have assumed that since it was dynoed at that psi, it must have been running that psi on the street. It had a mixture of pump gas and race gas w/ the boost turned down because of that. Traffic caused the Viper to go into the emergency lane and the Lambo to let up. Turn up the video near the end and you'll hear it. Not taking anything away from that Viper as it is a VERY STRONG street car. BUT, the setup on that Lambo would have gotten gang raped by the Nera or Jonah's car at the time that was filmed. That Lambo later went back to Underground to be prepped for the mile and got all the upgrades necessary to be a real contender. It went up against the best of the best and has become the ONLY street car other than a Supra to run in the 240's. It is also now the world's fastest Lamborghini.

If an LSx car was capable of what that orange Lambo is capable of ON THE STREET, then the Texas Mile results for them would read differently. And I own a C6 Z06, and I love it, so not hating on them.
I believe the video was uploaded by the owner of the Viper or at least someone close to him. I think the Gallardo with its nice size displacement and awd is a car that is very very very hard to compete with on the street but I do think it could be beat by a rwd car... don't think it would be a stick car though. I wonder why a LSx car hasn't put down big numbers at the mile yet. I know LMR built a Camaro that they were aiming for 240 with, fast bastard too 60-130 in low 4s.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Memphis
I believe the video was uploaded by the owner of the Viper or at least someone close to him. I think the Gallardo with its nice size displacement and awd is a car that is very very very hard to compete with on the street but I do think it could be beat by a rwd car... don't think it would be a stick car though. I wonder why a LSx car hasn't put down big numbers at the mile yet. I know LMR built a Camaro that they were aiming for 240 with, fast bastard too 60-130 in low 4s.
I was the one behind the wheel of the Gallardo and my friend was driving his TTViper. Again, it was NOT at 26psi. I had 5 gallons of pump gas and about 5 gallons of 105, so the boost was turned down accordingly. 26psi was were it was dynoed and that was full C16. Whatever the case, those 2 cars were very evenly matched at the boost they were both set at. Traffic prevented us from going any further. I let out before him to avoid rearending someone. He had the ability to go into the right side emergency lane, I didn't.

Both the TTG and the TTViper had the ability to run more boost, just needed higher octane fuel. With the changes that have been made, I am running about 400 more hp since then and am able to put it down as shown at the Texas Mile. I was not using boost by gear at the mile either. Nothing against Vipers, but there is no way it can lay down another 400 more hp on the street.

I have a TTViper that made over 1730hp to the rear wheels. It ran a mid 8sec 1/4... on low boost. If I were to run that thing on the street against my TTG, I'd put my money on the G!

As far as I know, the TTG has the quickest 60-130 time ever recorded....in a street car....3.5sec. All I'm saying is if another street car is faster, it's never been verified.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo vs Twin Turbo Z06