Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo vs Twin Turbo Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Memphis
I believe the video was uploaded by the owner of the Viper or at least someone close to him. I think the Gallardo with its nice size displacement and awd is a car that is very very very hard to compete with on the street but I do think it could be beat by a rwd car... don't think it would be a stick car though. I wonder why a LSx car hasn't put down big numbers at the mile yet. I know LMR built a Camaro that they were aiming for 240 with, fast bastard too 60-130 in low 4s.
You are definitely right on it not being a manual.. Would need to be a glide or some type of auto.. The fastest LSx cars i ever ran on the street were glides..

Mike

Old 01-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Catalyst is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
I was the one behind the wheel of the Gallardo and my friend was driving his TTViper. Again, it was NOT at 26psi. I had 5 gallons of pump gas and about 5 gallons of 105, so the boost was turned down accordingly. 26psi was were it was dynoed and that was full C16. Whatever the case, those 2 cars were very evenly matched at the boost they were both set at. Traffic prevented us from going any further. I let out before him to avoid rearending someone. He had the ability to go into the right side emergency lane, I didn't.

Both the TTG and the TTViper had the ability to run more boost, just needed higher octane fuel. With the changes that have been made, I am running about 400 more hp since then and am able to put it down as shown at the Texas Mile. I was not using boost by gear at the mile either. Nothing against Vipers, but there is no way it can lay down another 400 more hp on the street.

I have a TTViper that made over 1730hp to the rear wheels. It ran a mid 8sec 1/4... on low boost. If I were to run that thing on the street against my TTG, I'd put my money on the G!

As far as I know, the TTG has the quickest 60-130 time ever recorded....in a street car....3.5sec. All I'm saying is if another street car is faster, it's never been verified.
holy crap I didnt realize your car was that fast, that sir is truly insane!

Old 01-06-2010, 11:56 AM
BMWPower06 is infamous around these parts
Nice race!

Old 01-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Former Vendor
IPSjeff is infamous around these partsIPSjeff is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I know this for several reasons besides the 50 street race videos I have on you tube.. I have run a 1000hp Vette with 700 like i showed.. When i let off the brake on a brake boost and put an instant 5 cars in 3rd gear, hes still peddling, i pull 4th and run it out to 160 the race is over before he can make up the gap.. AWD owns the street if the HP is there.. Give it some more time.. in 2010 i would suspect the Gallardo to own the Mile and within a few years the R35 GTR will be up next.. They both have great gearing that the Vettes and Vipers do not..
You are racing the wrong 1000hp Vette's then

Set up correctly you can get a C6Z to hook rather well on drag-radials (Not slicks) on the street. We do test pulls all the time starting at 50-60mph and the car takes off like a rocket. This is just a random video of said car racing on its "Street" tires:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY6BnKsWSAw

The car has an Auto-conversion which certainly helps keep it in boost but it hooks incredibly well on the street. In "Race" mode it puts over 1130rwhp down @ 20psi for a power reference. It didn't at the time of the above video (9xx rwhp then) which is reflected in the 154 traps Vs the 159 it traps at 1050rwhp.

This is also true of Supras and Vipers so I am not just a Vette fan...
Jeff

Old 01-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by IPSjeff

Set up correctly you can get a C6Z to hook rather well on drag-radials (Not slicks) on the street. We do test pulls all the time starting at 50-60mph and the car takes off like a rocket. Jeff
I love the C6Z's. Do you have any 60-130 times on the street for this car?

Old 01-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Former Vendor
IPSjeff is infamous around these partsIPSjeff is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
I love the C6Z's. Do you have any 60-130 times on the street for this car?
Short of looking at logs from the track I don't have any way to get an accurate # for just that sprint. Since there are no time-slips for a roll-race what is the accepted form of measurement for this?
Jeff

Old 01-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Hua
Hua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud of
Short of looking at logs from the track I don't have any way to get an accurate # for just that sprint. Since there are no time-slips for a roll-race what is the accepted form of measurement for this?
Jeff
http://www.vboxusa.com/performancedr...ormancebox.php

Old 01-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
As Hua stated, the VBox has become the acceptable form of measurement for this. Just as drag racers will compare 1/4 mile times, guys that run on the street often times compare 60-130 verified times, as this closely resembles a real world roll-on race. I would consider anything under 4.5sec to be a VERY elite street car w/ a serious combination of traction and power.

Plus those little VBox's are just cool for all sorts of stuff.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:53 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Its impossible for a 4 digit RWD car to hook on the street.....

Old 01-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Memphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to beholdMemphis is a splendid one to behold
I just noticed UGR is banned from here now, anyone got the story on it?

Old 02-11-2010, 06:21 AM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about

Set up correctly you can get a C6Z to hook rather well on drag-radials (Not slicks) on the street. We do test pulls all the time starting at 50-60mph and the car takes off like a rocket. This is just a random video of said car racing on its "Street" tires:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY6BnKsWSAw

The car has an Auto-conversion which certainly helps keep it in boost but it hooks incredibly well on the street. In "Race" mode it puts over 1130rwhp down @ 20psi for a power reference. It didn't at the time of the above video (9xx rwhp then) which is reflected in the 154 traps Vs the 159 it traps at 1050rwhp.

This is also true of Supras and Vipers so I am not just a Vette fan...
Jeff

The dude mike awd raced is a chump, that underestimated the evo,.... plain and simple. That car has an F1,.... and makes just over 900 on boost. Car also has spray but,... doesn't do any good if you can't drive.

That vette would have been beaten by a 600rwhp vette..... easy. It's like havinig a big barret .50cal, and not knowing how to use it.... some dude shows you up with a .22...

Mike puts that video all over the net like it's a conquest..... to bad it was a **** poor race against a typical jump driver.

-again,.. props to the winner though.

I'll gladly race the florida based lambo in one month or less.

You can quote me on that-

Old 02-11-2010, 06:48 AM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by The Fixed Roof.
The dude mike awd raced is a chump, that underestimated the evo,.... plain and simple. That car has an F1,.... and makes just over 900 on boost. Car also has spray but,... doesn't do any good if you can't drive.

That vette would have been beaten by a 600rwhp vette..... easy. It's like havinig a big barret .50cal, and not knowing how to use it.... some dude shows you up with a .22...

Mike puts that video all over the net like it's a conquest..... to bad it was a **** poor race against a typical jump driver.

-again,.. props to the winner though.

I'll gladly race the florida based lambo in one month or less.

You can quote me on that-
Got any more pics of your car? I love white FRCs.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:15 AM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...alot-pics.html

few pics. Mine is the one with the NACA ducts. The blue one will gladly race the lambo as well(if it's in south fla).....

Love the white fixed roofs as well man.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:54 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Thats impossible as Mike said, there is no RWD car period that can beat the TT Gallardo on the street.....

Old 02-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
This Gallardo would rule the streets in any state from a roll Hands down.. The most i could get an Evo Street car to trap was 157mph and it handled 1000whp Vettes by bus lengths.. a 169 trap AWD car that can fit 305+ tires on it will rule the streets against anything LSx RWD PERIOD..

Mike
So there is no car faster .....PERIOD....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo vs Twin Turbo Z06