Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo vs Twin Turbo Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Smokey350 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey350 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey350 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey350 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey350 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey350 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey350 is a splendid one to behold
Been in the TT Gallardo in this Video, all I can say is one if not the fastest car I have ever been in.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:28 PM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by The Fixed Roof.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...alot-pics.html

few pics. Mine is the one with the NACA ducts. The blue one will gladly race the lambo as well(if it's in south fla).....

Love the white fixed roofs as well man.
Those are some sick FRCs, love the no show all go.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:31 AM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Thats impossible as Mike said, there is no RWD car period that can beat the TT Gallardo on the street.....

We'll see about that.

I wouldn't expect an AWD shop to understand how to make a RWD car hook.

It's all about setup. I've been working on this for years. Myself...not buying racecars,... then adding my own twist and saying it's my build....like some peeps.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:37 AM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Smokey350
Been in the TT Gallardo in this Video, all I can say is one if not the fastest car I have ever been in.

I believe it's fast(169mph traps, are NO joke)...but what kind of cars have you been in hommie?

Originally Posted by nevert00fast
Those are some sick FRCs, love the no show all go.

Thanks man. We no nothing about show cars dawg. Maybe one day they'll be all shiny and pretty but,.. until then, theres wars to win.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Banned
Hllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura about
Vettes are slow without an auto conversion. Even then, they break all the time.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:19 AM
widebody350 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
...Give it some more time.. in 2010 i would suspect the Gallardo to own the Mile and within a few years the R35 GTR will be up next.. They both have great gearing that the Vettes and Vipers do not..

Mike
I understand the Gallardo owning the mile in 2010, wouldn't surprise me at all and honestly I was surprised that it didn't this last year. The fact that you say that the GTR will dominate in the coming years does come as a surprise to me though, in that the Gallardo has a larger displacement and can therefore run a much more broad powerband/bigger turbos which I would think, would make for a faster sprint to top speed(important in the standing mile), as well as a higher top speed. The car that I am waiting to come to play at the mile, that I would suspect would kill even the Supras/Gs, is a TT version of its big brother the Murcie, for the same reason I would think G>GTR, larger displacement, larger turbos, and the Murcie has a fatter track so it may be able to put the power down even better than a G. I understand that the Murcie is heavier than the G which may play a factor in how those two would duel it out, but the G and GTR weigh about the same if I'm not mistaken, so fatter powerband/larger turbos>GTR. So I was just wondering why you say the GTR will own the mile in the next few years?

BTW the latest Vipers have improved gearing to fix the 5th gear issue that a lot of owners/racers/critics complained of.

Last edited by widebody350; 02-12-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:54 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I am glad you came in this thread, I got berated for suggesting that there was a RWD car on this planet that could come close to the Gallardo that trapped 169 mph. Despite the fact that there are cars trapping over 180 mph on a drag radial and running low 7's on a drag radial. Apparently not everyone is aware of the advances in getting these high hp RWD cars to hook on the street.

I think the next gen Murcielago ( Jota? ) is going to be the ticket. Car is allegedly going to weigh in around ~ 3500 lbs, and AWD and 700 hp engine just to start with.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Smokey350
The TTG in the original video here on the first post is NOT the same TTG that trapped 169. Two different TTG's from two different tuners w/ two totally different setups. Additionally, the TTG's at the mile last Oct have more hp than the TTG that trapped 169. The TTG that trapped 169 had around 1300whp and the ones running at the mile had 1500+whp. I would have to think that one of those higher hp versions would trap in the mid/upper 170's, but none of them have went to the dragstrip w/ that new setup.

Originally Posted by widebody350
I understand the Gallardo owning the mile in 2010, wouldn't surprise me at all and honestly I was surprised that it didn't this last year.
Even though it didn't capture the highest speed in Oct (I was only 1.5mph shy...dangit!), I do feel they did, in a way, "own" the mile. I say that because TTG's finished 2 and 3 in the mile event and 1st in the roll race event...and that was 3 different TTG's. That's 3 out of 4 possible "podium" positions. Look at the Supras last Oct. SW ran a 243, but the next highest was in the 220's I believe. The Supras also didn't fair too well at the roll race.

The only thing lacking last Oct for the TTG's was experience. None of the TTG participants (including myself) that ran the mile had ever run an event like that before. UR had never been to the TX Mile before either. I had never launched my car before w/ the new setup on it and only made 4 passes. Additionally, gear boost would help as well (which I did not have at the time). Even weather/wind was a factor too. We had pretty decent sidewinds and sometimes headwinds, which can make a big difference at those speeds.

I would have to think that if there were no side/head wind, I had a more aggressive launch, and gear boost, I'd be in the mid to upper 240's for sure. But it's one of those things that you can always make look good on paper!

PS. We are still comparing RWD drive cars, like Vettes, to super high hp AWD TTG's...ON THE STREET, correct? If we're talking street, then I'd have to say the TTG (properly setup) is "virtually" unbeatable. I say "virtually" because you never say never, but I haven't seen anything yet that has the same 60-130 time or traps what they do on street tires....w/o even doing a burnout. (because you can't always do a burnout on the street before a race). And I own Vipers, Z06, and Supra, so nothing against them at all.

Last edited by Top Gun Customz; 02-12-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:25 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I agree with you that these TT Gallardo's are very, very difficult to beat on the street. My point is the same as the one that you just made that you can never say never or say ......

This Gallardo would rule the streets in any state from a roll Hands down.. The most i could get an Evo Street car to trap was 157mph and it handled 1000whp Vettes by bus lengths.. a 169 trap AWD car that can fit 305+ tires on it will rule the streets against anything LSx RWD PERIOD..

Old 02-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Catalyst is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
And I own Vipers, Z06, and Supra, so nothing against them at all.
So is the ttg the fastest of all the cars you own? Top Speed, 0-60, 1/4mi, 1 mi, 60-130?

Old 02-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Catalyst
So is the ttg the fastest of all the cars you own? Top Speed, 0-60, 1/4mi, 1 mi, 60-130?
Yep..... everything but the 1/4.... maybe. I have a 1757rwhp TTViper 6 speed that is pretty fast in the 1/4, BUT, I haven't run the TTG in the 1/4 w/ it's current setup. The TTG has all the other catagories covered though. Plus, the streets a different story.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:43 PM
RyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to all
The Supras that ran the roll on race had the WRONG tires. A RWD car with 1200-1500rwhp will NEVER in it's life hook on those 18's or 19's. A properly setup Supra running the roll on races has to have 15in ET Radials. That's the only way it will hook up. Trust me, been there done that. SW's Supra on 15in radials racing his TTG at 1000awhp (how he ran the roll on races in Oct) would spank it. Supras hook very well on 15in radials. I don't know what the rules are for the roll on races but any Supra hoping to ever hook and have a chance will need 15in radials. I'm not sure if SW has ever had his black Supra on those MT ET's on the highway. I don't think he has, because if he had I think his opinion would change about the Supra and the 60-200 races.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Hey Ryan, I agree they had the wrong tires. What do you think the outcome would be if a Supra like SW's (w/ proper tires) took on a TTG near the 1600whp range in the roll on's?

Old 02-14-2010, 12:28 PM
RyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
Hey Ryan, I agree they had the wrong tires. What do you think the outcome would be if a Supra like SW's (w/ proper tires) took on a TTG near the 1600whp range in the roll on's?
I think it would be a good race because of the Supra's Aero and power band with the 91mm turbo. I know there's one good way to find out! I'll pilot SW's Supra against him in his TTG I just read your post about the Oct mile, Supras that previously ran 243 and 242mph weren't running. There are three Supras in the 240's right now. There will be a fourth if I can get a spot this March.

I'd love to see a 91mm Supra with 15in Radials run a TTG!

Old 02-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by RyanWoon
I think it would be a good race because of the Supra's Aero and power band with the 91mm turbo. I know there's one good way to find out! I'll pilot SW's Supra against him in his TTG I just read your post about the Oct mile, Supras that previously ran 243 and 242mph weren't running. There are three Supras in the 240's right now. There will be a fourth if I can get a spot this March.

I'd love to see a 91mm Supra with 15in Radials run a TTG!
Just to clarify, I meant TTG's, in a way, "owned" the mile in Oct. for the reasons I mentioned. Supras "own" the mile right now in the sense they have the top 3 spots overall (counting previous dates)....at least for now!

I agree that would be a good race (SW's Supra against a high hp TTG). It does speak volumes for the TTG's though, as like you said, it would take a Supra w/ 15" ET's to hang w/ a TTG running 19's on the street.

PS. Bring that 240+ capable Supra next month. I can pretty much guarantee you will be able to run it. Mad props for anyone running over 200, but seeing any car running 240+ is just rediculous to watch!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo vs Twin Turbo Z06