Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo vs Twin Turbo Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 12:57 PM
RyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
Just to clarify, I meant TTG's, in a way, "owned" the mile in Oct. for the reasons I mentioned. Supras "own" the mile right now in the sense they have the top 3 spots overall (counting previous dates)....at least for now!

I agree that would be a good race (SW's Supra against a high hp TTG). It does speak volumes for the TTG's though, as like you said, it would take a Supra w/ 15" ET's to hang w/ a TTG running 19's on the street.

PS. Bring that 240+ capable Supra next month. I can pretty much guarantee you will be able to run it. Mad props for anyone running over 200, but seeing any car running 240+ is just rediculous to watch!
You aren't comparing apples to apples though with an AWD car vs a RWD car at that power level. So yes, the TTG's do well, but they have a huge advantage in the traction dept. And I also know you're messing me because I know you're smart enough to know that One could argue 3.0L vs 5.0L, Supra owning the mile and the 1/4mile, etc etc but we won't go there Supras will always own the Gallardos at the drag strip and we've yet to see if a TTG will ever rule the Mile! I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with a TTG over a Supra with what they are both capable of, but I know I like the idea of a lot of power and AWD so at some point I'll do a TTG. I just got engaged, bought the Fiance a Range (along with her Rock), and am paying for a wedding so it'll have to be next year before I think about doing a TTG... Damn women... oh well...

SW said chances are slim to run the car at the mile and it's not worth traveling 3000 miles on a whim. I'd have to know FOR SURE we have a spot to run and I have to know soon to make plans to go. John Reed was working on helping but we still don't know if there's a guaranteed spot.

Last edited by RyanWoon; 02-14-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RyanWoon
You aren't comparing apples to apples though with an AWD car vs a RWD car at that power level. So yes, the TTG's do well, but they have a huge advantage in the traction dept. And I also know you're messing me because I know you're smart enough to know that One could argue 3.0L vs 5.0L, Supra owning the mile and the 1/4mile, etc etc but we won't go there Supras will always own the Gallardos at the drag strip and we've yet to see if a TTG will ever rule the Mile! I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with a TTG over a Supra with what they are both capable of, but I know I like the idea of a lot of power and AWD so at some point I'll do a TTG. I just got engaged, bought the Fiance a Range (along with her Rock), and am paying for a wedding so it'll have to be next year before I think about doing a TTG... Damn women... oh well...

SW said chances are slim to run the car at the mile and it's not worth traveling 3000 miles on a whim. I'd have to know FOR SURE we have a spot to run and I have to know soon to make plans to go. John Reed was working on helping but we still don't know if there's a guaranteed spot.

LOL. You caught me! I am just messing w/ you!

Congrats on getting engaged. I'll see what I can do about getting you a guaranteed spot so you're not driving all that way w/ just a hope.

So you told SW you had a Supra capable of 240+ and he said "chances are slim to run it, might want to stay home"? Hmmmm. lol. I'm just messing w/ you again!

Old 02-14-2010, 01:50 PM
RyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
LOL. You caught me! I am just messing w/ you!

Congrats on getting engaged. I'll see what I can do about getting you a guaranteed spot so you're not driving all that way w/ just a hope.

So you told SW you had a Supra capable of 240+ and he said "chances are slim to run it, might want to stay home"? Hmmmm. lol. I'm just messing w/ you again!
Thanks I picked a good one. She doesn't care what toys I buy as long as there's still food on the table

Ya I told SW and he's the only one that says ya no chance leave it at home... lol. Hmm maybe he wants to keep all chances of remaining the Supra King at the mile

If you can get me a spot please let me know asap!

Old 02-15-2010, 08:58 AM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Hllywood
Vettes are slow without an auto conversion. Even then, they break all the time.

Slow where? how? I'm pretty sure i'll walk right past your 205mph mile pull bub.

As far as breaking,.... that all depends on user. We've all broken different things... it happens.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:24 AM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by The Fixed Roof.
Slow where? how? I'm pretty sure i'll walk right past your 205mph mile pull bub.

As far as breaking,.... that all depends on user. We've all broken different things... it happens.

Gonna go ahead and quote myself.... just to let you know this isn't a typo.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
You gonna be at the Tx Mile next month?

Old 02-16-2010, 06:47 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Wait a minute you must be lying, I was told by the expert on this subject that no powerful RWD car, especially not an LSX based one could hang with a TT G from a roll on the street....

Old 02-18-2010, 02:52 PM
JH90742 is infamous around these parts
Both fine automobiles

Old 02-18-2010, 03:23 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Wait a minute you must be lying, I was told by the expert on this subject that no powerful RWD car, especially not an LSX based one could hang with a TT G from a roll on the street....

Old 02-18-2010, 05:44 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
I have been around some of those 200+ cars at the Texas Mile, and at the end of the day it seems that there are so many factors that would make one champion over the other.

Supras as far as I know have done exceptionally well, i.e. Autobahn, and have taken down records, but looking at the up and coming Porsche, Lambos and GTR's, it seems that the Supra reign in "street legal" form will fall. In terms of Corvettes, they just break too often with power.

In terms of longevity and 200+ Porsche Rules!

Just my two cents.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Banned
Hllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura about

Hey Bub ...When have you even ran the standing mile? <<< rhetorical

Old 02-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Banned
Hllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura about
That's cute. We just thought you had A.D.D.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:46 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i put my money on hllywood to spank that a$$

Old 02-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by unvmy996
I don't know. Not sure if I have enough to overcome those cool cut-outs in his hood.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by germeezy1
lol..... isn't that the typical idea? euro cars are better? lol. It'd be kinda cool if american people stopped blowing all these imports,...and start loving whats born and bred in there hometowns... country. Go figure right?

Originally Posted by JH90742
Both fine automobiles
Very true. You have to give anything respect. FOr example,... the 4 cylinder celica down here in florida,,.... doing 209mph...... 900wheel horsepower... pretty sick. Anything at this speed capability, is wicked.

Originally Posted by turtle n hare
I have been around some of those 200+ cars at the Texas Mile, and at the end of the day it seems that there are so many factors that would make one champion over the other.

Supras as far as I know have done exceptionally well, i.e. Autobahn, and have taken down records, but looking at the up and coming Porsche, Lambos and GTR's, it seems that the Supra reign in "street legal" form will fall. In terms of Corvettes, they just break too often with power.

In terms of longevity and 200+ Porsche Rules!

Just my two cents.

Spoken from a true porsche owner.

Hey Bub ...When have you even ran the standing mile? <<< rhetorical

october 12th, January 3rd, march, and april. Are the dates of our mile events.
I'm pretty sure i've got more top speed runs then you could dream about, as I have mustered up quite a bit of speed runs, unoffically ofcourse but,... plenty of video to prove it,... juct no need to post such a thing in the internet. No need to disclose my testing grounds, as we've already done the jail thing. This is south florida,....land of the flat and straight roads. No need to say more about that.

And in that aspect,.... I'm very fluid in what I do and say.... not going to open my mouth,.... unless I know what the F i'm talking about, sport. Many years, and many corvette mods later,...I know what I am doing spark plug. So... have I ever ran MY car at the mile?... nope. I'm always waiting on parts. **** happens but... soon. I've done plenty of homework,... I'll end up with about 300rwhp more then the current record holding Corvette, which is 215mph. In theory,... orcourse

That's cute. We just thought you had A.D.D.
I probably do have ADD....how do you test for such a thing? Wanna go ride bikes? Light bulb,... blank blank, dash, dash.

but,...

lets not get off topic of me crushing your 205(and change)mph barrier brick wall.

Originally Posted by unvmy996
Thats cute. Cheerleaders,....all the way from greece. Lovely. Do your pom pom's match his car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo vs Twin Turbo Z06