Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo vs Twin Turbo Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Banned
Hllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura about
So you never run your Vette in the standing mile. Gotcha.
How do they determine MPH at this Miami Mile?

Old 02-19-2010, 02:52 PM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Hllywood
So you never run your Vette in the standing mile. Gotcha.
How do they determine MPH at this Miami Mile?

Your a smart cookie.

That is Correct. My CORVETTE, has never made an OFFICAL 1 mile pass. That is 100% correct. Yet, somehow, someway, we have plenty of high speed data. Go figure right?

We have GPS in the cars(handy little tools ),... the miami mile now uses TAG timing equipment pimpin.

For the record,....205mph is fast,... without a doubt. I understand what it takes to get a car there. My responses to you,... are simply regarding the "all corvettes are slow" comment.

I'm the dude thats going to prove you wrong. Lets be friends.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:42 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
When this thread first started I was lambasted and basically called an idiot because I said it was presumptuous to assume a 9.1 @ 169 Gallardo could beat any street car....never mind the street cars in the 6's and those that trap 200 plus mph. I never said what kind of tires, or what kind of race just that I didn't think the Gallardo was the fastest street car on the planet ( definitely not). But it was specifically said nothing LSX based could beat the Gallardo....which encompasses cars over 2300 hp and an 1800 hp 2500 lb car.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Fixed Roof.
Spoken from a true porsche owner.
You might want to take a look at as his sig. He's also a TT C5 owner.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:26 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Hmm I seem to remember more threads on here about RMS issues and IMS issues and things that new cars should not do but do like leak oil on the ground than I ever do on the Corvette forums. And if were talking about modified 1,000 plus rwhp cars of course there not as reliable as a Toyota Corolla! Things do break sometimes when your pushing an engine to its limit for a whole mile...and that goes for all cars...

Old 02-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Fixed Roof, just a word of advice...it's not cool to say you'd be better at something...just to find out you've never even attempted it yourself. And no, your own testing grounds w/ gps and stuff doesn't count. There is no substitute for the real deal. Run that thing at a true "mile" event w/ TAG timing equipment and see what you do. If you run better than 205mph, great. If not, you'll then see what it takes to accomplish it.

P.S. If all your videos were not taken on public roads, then why not show them? Because you'll never gain respect by just "talking" about your car. Oh, and please stay away from the whole "I drive American" or "I can go faster for less" arguement....

Old 02-22-2010, 09:37 AM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
Fixed Roof, just a word of advice...it's not cool to say you'd be better at something...just to find out you've never even attempted it yourself. And no, your own testing grounds w/ gps and stuff doesn't count. There is no substitute for the real deal. Run that thing at a true "mile" event w/ TAG timing equipment and see what you do. If you run better than 205mph, great. If not, you'll then see what it takes to accomplish it.

P.S. If all your videos were not taken on public roads, then why not show them? Because you'll never gain respect by just "talking" about your car. Oh, and please stay away from the whole "I drive American" or "I can go faster for less" arguement....

My own testing, does count. Just cause you can't do it, doesn't mean I can't/won't/haven't. Don't worry about how I achieve my goals and how I acquire my data. This is the internet, I could care less about your opininion, or your opinions of opinions. I respect the fact that there is no substitute for the "real deal"..... but unless we're talking about different altitudes, different DA's.... then my testing, is right on with the real deal.

I do drive american, which I pride myself on. I can go fast for less, because I am the owner/installer/driver of my own ride, which happens to not be an import. How about you?

As far as me caring about you saying i'm "just talking"... "prove it"... let me be the first to tell you to kindly F off,... as I don't answer to you, nor do I take orders. I never said where I tested,... I just said I'm not going into it. I guess that could be hard to understand for some people, as I seem to have to mention it in every post. You'd think higher education, would come with common sense. Guess not.

Point is,.... my slow ***, hillbilly slow, amercian corvette that breaks, will break hollywoods 205 mark, with ease.

You don't like it,... don't like it. Don't believe me, then don't. I could care less. I just would like to see the looks on your face when I do break that mark. Until then..... spare me the lectures of this and that on public or non public roads...and telling me what I have and haven't done.

You act like this is the only car that I work on. When in actuallity I have multiple cars I prep for the mile. We'll have two C5's passing 200mph this year, no issues, no drama. If I was claiming to run 240+++... i'd understand why everyone in here is a cheerleader......but i'm simply saying that we have 205 covered. Get off my johnson already.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:23 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
To FRC,

200+ is a very difficulty feat. Your rwhp or your internal fortitude may not be enough to accomplish breaking into the 200+ barrier. For instance, there was a 1000rwhp C5-TT a few years ago, and barely made the 200+.

Regarding running Hollywood, he would most likely destroy your vette in the mile, top speed and timed and longevity.

I have not kept up with the "TX Milers" lately or any other milers, but FRC, I suggest that you reassess, rebuild and dont take things so seriously. Running those kinds of speeds are not for the faint of heart. If you have an answer to those that speak of speed, then they will show you that you have no idea.

I have ran against the ballers like Divextreme black Porsche 996TT, Supersnake's Viper and RobMD 996TT in Houston, they left me like I didnt move from a 60 punch.

They know and understand speed and to test the waters that they speak of you better check your shorts.

Porsche Rules!

Last edited by turtle n hare; 02-22-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by turtle n hare
To FRC,

200+ is a very difficulty feat. Your rwhp or your internal fortitude may not be enough to accomplish breaking into the 200+ barrier. For instance, there was a 1000rwhp C5-TT a few years ago, and barely made the 200+.

Regarding running Hollywood, he would most likely destroy the vette in the mile, top speed and timed and longevity.

I have not kept up with the "TX Milers" lately or any other milers, but FRC, I suggest that you reassess, rebuild and dont take things so seriously. Running those kinds of speeds are not for the faint of heart. If you have an answer to those that speak of speed, then they will show you that you have no idea.

I have ran against Divextreme, Supersnake and RobMD in Houston, they left me like I didnt move from a 60 punch.

Porsche Rules!
1) What kind of power do you think I make?
2)The APS tiny turbo having TT Z06, made 1100rwhp(210mph), and it was running turbos that in my opinion, do nothing for big turbo setups, other then generating massive amounts of IAT's. My turbo kit, is nothing like the APS kit, which is designed as a bolton to a stock car type of deal kit. Mine is a total race kit. I run turbos, that mammouth those turbos. I Don't run log, cast, factory sized manifolds like the APS kits. I run a big tub'd race header. I run open downpipes, with zero restriction. My kit looks more like it was constructed, and then a Corvette was built up around it. Your simply not compairing apples to apples on this, as the APS kit is **** in comparison. Thats a cupcake kit,... sure it's nice but,... FAR from a race kit. For that matter, TTiX, although a nice kit,....still, has nothing on my race oriented kit. That fastest TT cars in the world, have smaller turbos then I run.
3)The FASTest CORVETTE, is a NITROUS equipped corvette, NOT MAKING 900RWHP,.... it has gone 214mph. That is currently the record for a CORVETTE. 214mph. They're aware of my car, and excited for me from what I am told.
4)Running hollywood,... what do you mean, he would most likely destroy me? You know nothing of me, nothing of my car, other then it's a twin turbo vette, and my name is Cleatus. Seriously, knowing that anything in the world can be fast(we have celica's down here that do 209+mph in the mile)... your gonna seriously come out and say his car is faster? lol. Put YOUR money where your mouth is then dude,... you know nothing of my car.
5) Answer to those that know speed? Dude, once again, you don't know me. We have soo much backround in racing, you really have no idea. Not only that, you think this Corvette....is the only car in our garage. Ha,...two 1967's(one L89-1 of 14)(an all original survivor 327, won 3 awards) corvettes, 70 big block chevelle, soon to be twin 76's, 68 RS SS big block camaro, two 1996 LT4 vettes, B4c police package camaross,...classic mercedes...the list goes on. You act like I do no research on what it is that my goals are. I seem to be the only one thinking before I speak here.... as in you guys keep saying this guy is this, that guy is that....all corvettes are slow...etc etc etc.
6)Don't take things seriously? What do you mean? I don't take one of you ******bags seriously for one second. I nothing you. Think about that for a second, and you should gather the jest of what exactly that means.
7)As far as your personal LOSSES..... lol.... If you knew me from another forum, then you'd know that I am well known for my big time races,....you'd know that I have very little losses....you'd see that i'm not a slow granny shifter,...like the majority of the peeps in your crowd.
8)You see,... as you mentioned,... you haven't been around the 1 mile crowd lately,... I have,..therefore, your comments, add to the nothingness that you and others have added to this thread, as you obviously, don't know fully what it is that you are talking about.

Once again,... I may be new here on this here forum,... i'm not new to speed. We've owned alot of cars,... from rare maseratis...classic vettes,...new vettes....sport bikes, drag cars,... direct port cars jetted for 400hp shots,...etc etc etc. I've built all kinds of things, I am well aware of how to make power. I'm well aware of aerodynamic effects of windage. Believe me,... I am well aware of what it is that I am asking of my car.

It will sail by 205mph. So much though, that I may be able to pull out a bungie cord and help your lover to a few mph's over that if he wants to break his barrier. What exactly is it that you know? Other then who's faster then you,... and the past, like the APS(lol) Z06, that was plagued with through the roof IAT's.

lol.

You see, you know nothing of the Corvette, and the mile.

Stop bashing me, and tell me something I don't know, other then typo howtoo's, or who spanked YOUR *** in a race.

Porsche is great,... I have nothing against any cars dude,...just the little soft handed fairies that drive them. I'd break your hand if I shook it. You know it, I know it.

Smooches.

-Cleatus.

Ps. Peace out, HOMMIES. Werd to your mothers.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:17 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
Hello FRC,

Originally Posted by The Fixed Roof.
1) What kind of power do you think I make? Its says 780;s in the bottom of your page. Perhaps it needs to be updated.
2)The APS tiny turbo having TT Z06, made 1100rwhp(210mph), and it was running turbos that in my opinion, do nothing for big turbo setups, other then generating massive amounts of IAT's. My turbo kit, is nothing like the APS kit, which is designed as a bolton to a stock car type of deal kit. Mine is a total race kit. I run turbos, that mammouth those turbos. I Don't run log, cast, factory sized manifolds like the APS kits. I run a big tub'd race header. I run open downpipes, with zero restriction. My kit looks more like it was constructed, and then a Corvette was built up around it. Your simply not compairing apples to apples on this, as the APS kit is **** in comparison. Thats a cupcake kit,... sure it's nice but,... FAR from a race kit. For that matter, TTiX, although a nice kit,....still, has nothing on my race oriented kit. That fastest TT cars in the world, have smaller turbos then I run. Very nice setup
3)The FASTest CORVETTE, is a NITROUS equipped corvette, NOT MAKING 900RWHP,.... it has gone 214mph. That is currently the record for a CORVETTE. 214mph. They're aware of my car, and excited for me from what I am told. Actually the fastet Corvette is the Lingefelter 226mph in the mile
4)Running hollywood,... what do you mean, he would most likely destroy me? You know nothing of me, nothing of my car, other then it's a twin turbo vette, and my name is Cleatus. Seriously, knowing that anything in the world can be fast(we have celica's down here that do 209+mph in the mile)... your gonna seriously come out and say his car is faster? lol. Put YOUR money where your mouth is then dude,... you know nothing of my car. It is true, i went by whatever you put on the bottom of your page. So my bad. I terms of running, those that know me, win or lose, i have never backed down from anyone.
5) Answer to those that know speed? Dude, once again, you don't know me. We have soo much backround in racing, you really have no idea. Not only that, you think this Corvette....is the only car in our garage. Ha,...two 1967's(one L89-1 of 14)(an all original survivor 327, won 3 awards) corvettes, 70 big block chevelle, soon to be twin 76's, 68 RS SS big block camaro, two 1996 LT4 vettes, B4c police package camaross,...classic mercedes...the list goes on. You act like I do no research on what it is that my goals are. I seem to be the only one thinking before I speak here.... as in you guys keep saying this guy is this, that guy is that....all corvettes are slow...etc etc etc. I have never said vettes are slow, as I have one myself. Congrats on the wonderful automobiles you work on.
6)Don't take things seriously? What do you mean? I don't take one of you ******bags seriously for one second. I nothing you. Think about that for a second, and you should gather the jest of what exactly that means. as mentioned, you are too serious
7)As far as your personal LOSSES..... lol.... If you knew me from another forum, then you'd know that I am well known for my big time races,....you'd know that I have very little losses....you'd see that i'm not a slow granny shifter,...like the majority of the peeps in your crowd. Congrats on all of your accolades from the "other forums" Regarding the granny shifiting crowd in Houston they would have absolutely no problems having a Mexico run to see your all powerful vette.
8)You see,... as you mentioned,... you haven't been around the 1 mile crowd lately,... I have,..therefore, your comments, add to the nothingness that you and others have added to this thread, as you obviously, don't know fully what it is that you are talking about. Is nothingness a word?

Once again,... I may be new here on this here forum,... i'm not new to speed. We've owned alot of cars,... from rare maseratis...classic vettes,...new vettes....sport bikes, drag cars,... direct port cars jetted for 400hp shots,...etc etc etc. I've built all kinds of things, I am well aware of how to make power. I'm well aware of aerodynamic effects of windage. Believe me,... I am well aware of what it is that I am asking of my car. I welcome you to 6speedonline and I hope you have a more pleasant experience. I am not a trash talker online, and I find it odd when people do it and I find it odd when people get bent out of shape online. I am sure you are a competent builder of things and that is admirable because I am not.

It will sail by 205mph. So much though, that I may be able to pull out a bungie cord and help your lover to a few mph's over that if he wants to break his barrier. Oh can I help you tie my "lovers" car to yours! What exactly is it that you know? Other then who's faster then you,... and the past, like the APS(lol) Z06, that was plagued with through the roof IAT's. Failure breeds success. Success brings additional success. I have lost plenty and won plenty. If you actually werent so defensive about what you have, then perhaps you would play and truely find out what your car will do.

lol.

You see, you know nothing of the Corvette, and the mile.

Stop bashing me, and tell me something I don't know, other then typo howtoo's, or who spanked YOUR *** in a race. In playing with cars, its not always about who I or who you beat, but giving kudos to those that beat you and congratulated them on a nice job done. My *** getting beat doesnt both me. Its all in fun Its all in enjoying the comradery amongst car owners. Being humble, on occasion, is an attribute that has served me well in my life.

Porsche is great,... I have nothing against any cars dude,...just the little soft handed fairies that drive them. I'd break your hand if I shook it. You know it, I know it. Wow, you are violent. Do you hurt your dog or cat when you get frustrated? I am glad you feel better.

Smooches.

-Cleatus.

Ps. Peace out, HOMMIES. Werd to your mothers.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Fixed Roof,

I've deleted a few posts in an effort to clean up this thread. If you want to remain on this forum, I suggest you stop trying to one-up everyone, and stop attacking people.

It's obvious that you have a lot of automotive knowledge to share, should you choose to stay....but you need to stop acting like a cornered badger.

You haven't broken 205 mph in your car yet, so it's understandable that people on here have a problem with you acting like you already have. Anyway, a little humility goes a long way.

I hope you decide to stick around, but I really need you to play nice and be more respectful of other members. If you get attacked, report it instead of returning the favor.

Everyone else, please stop with the personal attacks. You guys are all better than that. Thanks.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:50 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Sorry Scott, im done.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:30 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Andy, will you be attending Cars and Coffee? I think some of the big boys will be testing there cars that weekend? I should be there as well as the fastest Supra in Houston. I think there will be some serious mexican haul'n azz.
Cheers
Rober

Last edited by robmd99; 02-22-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:37 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
Why is it so hard to get a spot at the Tx mile?

Old 02-23-2010, 05:15 AM
Originally Posted by turtle n hare
Hello FRC,
A cool calm, "best wishes" would have worked but, we'll see what happens, thanks hommie.

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Fixed Roof,

I've deleted a few posts in an effort to clean up this thread. If you want to remain on this forum, I suggest you stop trying to one-up everyone, and stop attacking people.

It's obvious that you have a lot of automotive knowledge to share, should you choose to stay....but you need to stop acting like a cornered badger.

You haven't broken 205 mph in your car yet, so it's understandable that people on here have a problem with you acting like you already have. Anyway, a little humility goes a long way.

I hope you decide to stick around, but I really need you to play nice and be more respectful of other members. If you get attacked, report it instead of returning the favor.

Everyone else, please stop with the personal attacks. You guys are all better than that. Thanks.
This was a simple ask, and you shall recieve. A comment was made about all vettes being slow, I took offense to that, the guy that said it, to me hits an achieveable speed, I called him out, I got jumped, I fought back, here we are.

My bad, I feel you, and thats all i'll say about it.

-Peace

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo vs Twin Turbo Z06