Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo vs Twin Turbo Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Banned
Hllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura about
Wow...that was a meltdown of butthurt proportions.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:20 AM
No Name is infamous around these partsNo Name is infamous around these parts
^ Ha ha, one last kick to the nuts!

The smack-talk is strong in this thread! I wouldn't assume anything about anybody or any car/setup. Run what you brung at the event and let the numbers speak volumes. I'm looking forward to the videos and hearing about the results!

Old 02-23-2010, 12:26 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I think its funny that people make generalizations like Corvettes are slow or that they break easy or that....LMAO...a 169 mph trapping street car Gallardo would beat anything LSX....it never hurts to say In my opinion or use IMO it may save posters from looking very stupid.

For those that think 6 speed online cars represent the whole world, keep in mind that about 70% of the worlds fastest street/drag cars (IMO) are American. Also keep in mind that there are 275 width drag radial cars running in the 7's close to or over 200 mph. Alot of these cars are street legal and if optimized to run on a proper drag slick would rip a 169 mph car a new one on the street.

So before you get on here and make bold claims about how no LSX or RWD car period can beat an AWD Gallardo TT from a roll you should probably say the little three letters IMO if your not 100% sure. As I said before AWD big power cars are very hard to beat on the street, also the Porsche's do very well at the Texas mile. But there are cars that don't do sanctioned events and the owners are not sitting on the internet telling everyone about them.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
As far as I know, nobody has ever documented a 60-130 time faster then 3.5 sec.....from a STREET CAR....ON THE STREET.

I understand what you're saying germeezy1, but if ones are not willing to make a claim and run at the events which would determine a winner, then how can they dispute the outcome? Wouldn't it be like saying "so and so is technically NOT the World Heavy Weight Champion because there are guys out there that could beat him, but they just haven't had the chance to fight him because of their schedule, etc." Until they do, so and so is champion.

I guess my point is, if someone wants to lay claim, then go to the Texas Mile and enter the Roll Race and work your way through the competition. If someone doesn't run, then how can they lay claim or suggest that the winning platform is not the fastest, because the..."I know so and so, who can......." will go on forever!

I say Texas Mile because I don't know of any other national Roll Race events, especially with everything filmed and documented, so this one kind of sets the bar.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:05 PM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Hllywood
Wow...that was a meltdown of butthurt proportions.
That'd probably be from your camp. If your reffering to me,..."IF".... not at all dude. Been in the kiddie wars before with people,... judging by the post that were deleted, I think we can all see here who exactly was out of line, and who was just in there sayings.

Needless to say... looking forward to joining your 205+mph class soon buddy.

Wish me luck

Originally Posted by No Name
^ Ha ha, one last kick to the nuts!

The smack-talk is strong in this thread! I wouldn't assume anything about anybody or any car/setup. Run what you brung at the event and let the numbers speak volumes. I'm looking forward to the videos and hearing about the results!
Smack talk?.. .. hardly. More like patty cake. However, I enjoyed it.

Well said on your post.

Originally Posted by germeezy1
I think its funny that people make generalizations like Corvettes are slow or that they break easy or that....LMAO...a 169 mph trapping street car Gallardo would beat anything LSX....it never hurts to say In my opinion or use IMO it may save posters from looking very stupid.

For those that think 6 speed online cars represent the whole world, keep in mind that about 70% of the worlds fastest street/drag cars (IMO) are American. Also keep in mind that there are 275 width drag radial cars running in the 7's close to or over 200 mph. Alot of these cars are street legal and if optimized to run on a proper drag slick would rip a 169 mph car a new one on the street.

So before you get on here and make bold claims about how no LSX or RWD car period can beat an AWD Gallardo TT from a roll you should probably say the little three letters IMO if your not 100% sure. As I said before AWD big power cars are very hard to beat on the street, also the Porsche's do very well at the Texas mile. But there are cars that don't do sanctioned events and the owners are not sitting on the internet telling everyone about them.

Well said.

Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
As far as I know, nobody has ever documented a 60-130 time faster then 3.5 sec.....from a STREET CAR....ON THE STREET.

I understand what you're saying germeezy1, but if ones are not willing to make a claim and run at the events which would determine a winner, then how can they dispute the outcome? Wouldn't it be like saying "so and so is technically NOT the World Heavy Weight Champion because there are guys out there that could beat him, but they just haven't had the chance to fight him because of their schedule, etc." Until they do, so and so is champion.

I guess my point is, if someone wants to lay claim, then go to the Texas Mile and enter the Roll Race and work your way through the competition. If someone doesn't run, then how can they lay claim or suggest that the winning platform is not the fastest, because the..."I know so and so, who can......." will go on forever!

I say Texas Mile because I don't know of any other national Roll Race events, especially with everything filmed and documented, so this one kind of sets the bar.

Lol.... cause some people are street racers dude. Some people don't care about the offical stuff. Some of us come from completely different walks of life from you,...not everyone wants the spotlight. It's bad for buisness,... for those of us that are money racers. This is not the time for a street racing debate, or whats right or wrong, this is just a simple POSSABILITY to why someone would not care to enter they're street car, in a vastly sanctioned, widley accessed data base.

Do you understand what I mean? In a non jerk way I mean that.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Banned
Hllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura about

Old 02-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by The Fixed Roof.
Lol.... cause some people are street racers dude. Some people don't care about the offical stuff. Some of us come from completely different walks of life from you
LOL. And what walk of life would that be?!!!

I understand if some want to keep the potential of their car on the downlow for street racing, but the internet kinda pulls the lid off that.

Originally Posted by The Fixed Roof.
not everyone wants the spotlight. It's bad for buisness
Isn't that a quote from Yogi Berra?

Old 02-23-2010, 05:17 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
The people that come from towns that don't pop hoods, and race title for title....the places that have cars that race for money and not some secret hand holding session on the internet. The people that have a vested interest in keeping all of their cards close to their chest. You guys may not know this but there have been 7 and 8 second street cars for many years that would literally laugh if you told them a 9 second car was the fastest street car on the street....

Top Gun Customz I get your point, and also remember 60-130 is only one area of performance....it describes a typical roll race...by no means does it alone in and of itself even come close to telling what the 1/4 mile tells you about gearing, available traction and actual creating valid numbers that describe the whole entire performance envelope and not just one that favors AWD turbo cars that hook very well at 60 mph.

This Gallardo would rule the streets in any state from a roll Hands down.. The most i could get an Evo Street car to trap was 157mph and it handled 1000whp Vettes by bus lengths.. a 169 trap AWD car that can fit 305+ tires on it will rule the streets against anything LSx RWD PERIOD..

Mike
The fact is this was said and its not true.....end of rant...I love all cars by the way and a 4 digit AWD Porsche would be a car I would aspire to own.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Another thing I find very funny is that you guys are looking at his sig, if you look closer you will see he was making 787 rwhp at 11 psi on a stock bottom end. You don't think he is saying he will blow through 205 mph without possibly making a few changes.....

Old 02-23-2010, 06:38 PM
You guys may not know this but there have been 7 and 8 second street cars for many years that would literally laugh if you told them a 9 second car was the fastest street car on the street....
This is where we differ. I've run (1) 7 sec street car and (1) 8 sec street car on the street....beat them both from a roll. Once you put them on the street, they no longer have the ability to run 7's or 8's. They are still fast as hell, but no longer 7 or 8 sec fast. Also, a few TTG's are making 200-300 more hp than the one that ran 9.1 and 169.

One platform is more suited for the dragstrip and another is more suited for the street. Depends on which one you like.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
This is where we differ. I've run (1) 7 sec street car and (1) 8 sec street car on the street....beat them both from a roll. Once you put them on the street, they no longer have the ability to run 7's or 8's. They are still fast as hell, but no longer 7 or 8 sec fast. Also, a few TTG's are making 200-300 more hp than the one that ran 9.1 and 169.

One platform is more suited for the dragstrip and another is more suited for the street. Depends on which one you like.
I agree..

Like myself you have to actually go out there and race to know it..

For example.. I watched a 3000hp car run 12's almost all day at the track yesterday because the car tire shook from lack of traction so bad it chattered the drivers teeth.. He couldnt get down the track all day.. Finally he made a 6.9 pass after trying all day.. That car on the street could do NOTHING..

I have destroyed cars from a dig on the street that ran 8.9 while i ran 9.6.. BUS LENGTHS.. NO TRACTION - NO WIN..

My saying goes for RWD cars.. if the car has enough HP to come around a 900HP EVO on the street it aint hooking, and if its hooking it dont make enough to come around me.. So far its been true for 3 years..

The only car i worry about is GALLARDO and AWD Porsche.. Im going to test out a 1300hp Gallardo for kicks soon with my 900hp EVO and really see what the deal is..

Mike

Old 02-23-2010, 07:05 PM
widebody350 is infamous around these parts
The people that come from towns that don't pop hoods, and race title for title....the places that have cars that race for money and not some secret hand holding session on the internet. The people that have a vested interest in keeping all of their cards close to their chest. You guys may not know this but there have been 7 and 8 second street cars for many years that would literally laugh if you told them a 9 second car was the fastest street car on the street....

Top Gun Customz I get your point, and also remember 60-130 is only one area of performance....it describes a typical roll race...by no means does it alone in and of itself even come close to telling what the 1/4 mile tells you about gearing, available traction and actual creating valid numbers that describe the whole entire performance envelope and not just one that favors AWD turbo cars that hook very well at 60 mph.

The fact is this was said and its not true.....end of rant...I love all cars by the way and a 4 digit AWD Porsche would be a car I would aspire to own.
No offense b/c I know people who run for high $ amounts and sometimes titles(I hear, never seen) but the way you portrayed this "way of life" is very fast and furious-esque. Most people who are running cars like the ones you're describing and putting titles up are Mustang 5.0s/older Camaros and such(from what I've heard) who rip some fast quarter times, but don't go for/have the gearing for a mile event, so I doubt they're not coming to the TX Mile b/c they don't want people knowing what they're running, which is in reality, a pretty dumb idea too. If I have car X, I know that it puts down 600rwhp with a low 10sec quarter, then your car runs even or puts a few bus lengths on me, I'm going to have an idea of what your car is capable of and after a few runs with me or others, you're going to be known about/figured out.

I would say that the 60-130 is actually a much better representation of a car's gearing/power/suspension and overall performance since it takes the driver out of the equation much more than a quarter or 0-60. Also, you say that 60-130 favors turbo AWD cars, which it does favor turbo cars, but the AWD would get the RWD car much worse from a dig. Supras are notorious for their roll on races and a primary reason why owners prefer to do roll races is for traction. At the power levels being discussed in this thread; 1000rwhp+ for the most part, traction becomes an issue even at 60mph, which is where the argument for the Gallardo or any high hp AWD car comes from. At 60mph it will be much harder for a RWD car to put the power down, than for a Gallardo if both are making 1000+rwhp(not saying they can't, just saying it's harder). Personally I've driven a few AWD cars, 996C4S, Evo X, and GTR, while it's nice I prefer RWD cars for the fun factor, but that could be also be because I wasn't pushing the cars too hard and I'm used to RWD so I wasn't quite comfortable(throwing that in there so you know I'm not an AWD fanboy).

I also don't think that 60-130 or 1/4 mile or even the mile display the full performance of a vehicle or a driver. Take a few corners and I don't mean left 500 times or however many times they go in a circle, but that is just me. As a complete performance package, the TT G is damn good, I mean its streetable, can be taken to the track to do laps then taken to the TX Mile to put down 230+(whatever they put down this last year) or quarter mile to run 9 sec.

Back to where the thread left off before it went to sh*t on internet BS. Still want to know why Mike@AWD thinks the GTR will be king of the Mile soon. I'm still sticking with a TT Murcie lol.

Last edited by widebody350; 02-23-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
The only car i worry about is GALLARDO and AWD Porsche.. Im going to test out a 1300hp Gallardo for kicks soon with my 900hp EVO and really see what the deal is..

Mike
I was hooking with 890 rwhp in my RWD 996TT on the street. I was running Nitto DRs, which wouldn't have done anything for a front-engined RWD car making that much power. But they hooked like a champ on my P-car.

RWD P-cars (GT2s or TTs that have been converted) will hook all day long with crappy DRs or good R-compounds.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 02-23-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:42 PM
SFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of light
Im going to test out a 1300hp Gallardo for kicks soon with my 900hp EVO and really see what the deal is...
I would love to hear the results on that. I've always wanted to build an EVO to that power level.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:20 PM

Mike
Who's build on the TTG? Sounds like fun.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo vs Twin Turbo Z06