Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Lamborghini Gallardo stuck in neutral...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Jonathan_CH is infamous around these parts
Exclamation Lamborghini Gallardo stuck in neutral...

Hi guys,

I am in Vegas right now and rented a Lambo for a week. There are some strange behaviours, sometimes when I am stoped at a red light, in first gear, the car just goes into neutral. And there is no way to get it out...

Paddles are not responding, the "Reverse" either, the "Auto" either...

So I have to turn off the car, and start it again, it's kind of boring, and embarassing.

I found a workaround, I let the car move slightly, 1mph at every red light, and I avoid getting in neutral, but it's not the best solution.

Did any of you guys experienced something similar ?

Thanks.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:11 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
It could be the F1 shift mechanism which is an expensive fix. There is a failsafe system that puts the car into neutral if you take your foot off of the brake. That could not be working properly. Sometimes on our car it does it so quickly that you cannot move your foot from the brake to the gas pedal before it goes into neutral.

Do not work around this by keeping the car moving at extremely low speed. This will wear out the clutch very quickly (potentially in the few hundred miles you have the car).

I would suggest taking the car back as this could be the sign of a serious issue with it.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-05-2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: member may not advertise as a registered user...use pm for that info
Old 01-05-2010, 03:44 PM
emissary is infamous around these parts
This wouldn't happen to be a fly yellow Gallardo spyder that you rented, would it?

Old 01-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi guys,

Thank you for your answer. No this lambo is not yellow or spider at all.

I am gonna give them a call to see what they say. I am very careful with the car, and never pushed it but as it is a rental, you never know how it has been driven.

I am gonna try to keep my foot on the brake to see if it change anything, but it is pretty annoying...

Thanks to all of you, I'll keep you posted if I have some news.

PS : What does the "sport" button does except brutal gear changes ? I didn't notice anything else.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:27 PM
SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !
Make sure you step on the brake pedal hard enough while in neutral and some times there is a tiny bit of a lag with the E gear. Flick the up shift E gear paddle once while foot on brake (hard) and wait for the response. DO NOT flick the paddle again because it will go to 2nd gear and cause more of a delay. I do highly suggest turn off ESP button with the sport button on and then hold on tight on your steering wheel for secret launch.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by SuperleggeraGT3
Make sure you step on the brake pedal hard enough while in neutral and some times there is a tiny bit of a lag with the E gear. Flick the up shift E gear paddle once while foot on brake (hard) and wait for the response. DO NOT flick the paddle again because it will go to 2nd gear and cause more of a delay. I do highly suggest turn off ESP button with the sport button on and then hold on tight on your steering wheel for secret launch.
I am gonna try that on a desert road in the Arizona, never saw so empty roads before...

Ok for your tips, I will try to keep my foot hard on the brake and flick it once.

Thank you guys for your answers, very helpful, appreciate that !

I am gonna hit the road and let you know !

Have a good day guys !

Old 01-05-2010, 04:46 PM
SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !
Rep for you if you can film it! Have fun and happy new year!

Old 01-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by SuperleggeraGT3
Rep for you if you can film it! Have fun and happy new year!
Actually guys, you nailed it ! It was because I was not putting my foot on the brake pad when I was at a stop.

Normally, BMW, Mercedes etc... When you let go the brake the car move, so you have to keep it on. But on the lambo it doesn't move, so I removed my foot, but that doesn't explain why the car wouldn't engage first gear once I was in neutral...

Anyway, thank you for you help !

I will send you some pics and vid by PM if you want

Happy new year to all of you, wish you all the best !

(Sorry for my english it's really not my native language)