Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

How would you guys choose between this LP550-2 Balboni and this Blk LP560-4??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 07:18 PM
sam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to behold
i say get the lp550 that cat is selling. Beautiful color and car!

Plus, being a limited model(only 250 made), is a big plus

Old 03-15-2010, 07:24 PM
alan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by JG GT500
Just by way of color, I would take the black. Don't really like the white stripe over the orange either. Other than that, the Balboni got great write-ups for its 2 wheel drive experience as compared to typical 4wd.
Exactly, 2WD is the MAIN concern for me since i have never had any experience with Lambo RWD, but read some reviews, seems like a pretty good driver's car!

Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
When spending that kind of money, don't settle. First, pick the color you like, then the options..... then find that car! These aren't the only 2 out there.
You are right! these 2 colors are the colors that I like too.... so its a tough choice for me!

Originally Posted by bavorak
I'm gonna go against the grain here, the 550-2 in Orange looks fantastic, I agree the stripe is a matter of personal taste but with a car that has so many sharp lines and openings the orange deffinatly emphasizes these characteristics much better. I find the black dulls alot of the fine detail this car has to offer.

Those are just personal observations though, I don't think you can go wrong either way. Good luck with your decission, let us know how you decide and what was the deciding factor.
HAHA! seems like we are on the same track! I like the orange on this car too. However, here are some of my deciding factors:
1. The balboni is a 2010 car while the blk is 2009.
2. I am more to driver's car more then luxury, but not sure about lambo's RWD system. Its the fact that the balboni is 300lb lighter then the 560s!! Heard the reviews say its more responsive.
3. I already have a porsche 997TT as my DD. So I am not sure if I should get AWD again.
4. The resale of a orange lambo vs a blk lambo? Blk is easier? or the balboni is more attracting since its limited edition!?
5. THe 560 does better on 0-60, while the balboni is .2 second slower.
6. Which car does better on a track????

THank you SOOOO much bavorak!

Originally Posted by teflon_jones
To start with, I own two black cars with black interiors. So you might say I like black a bit. And my last Porsche was black on black too.

That being said, I agree with the above posters. That car looks pretty awesome in orange. The racing stripes could be considered a bit much but this is a Lambo so I don't think they are!
Exactly, I have had many many blk cars before...a 996C2, 997TT, E60M5, CayenneS...all of them are blk. BLAck IS such a beauty while they are clean and shinny! but some how they hide some of the details of the car....

Originally Posted by roytoy2003
I strongly recomend MY car, at a very attractive price to a on-line member...

http://www.catsexotics.com/web/1317/...50-2%20Balboni
YOUR CAR LOOKS NICE AND CLEAN!!!! I would take it if I am in the states....

Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
I would pick the black LP560-4! The color is better and Lambos should be AWD! It is what separates Lambos from Ferraris! My 2 cents...
Yes, that LP560-4 WAS what I was getting originally, almost picked it up, but just the day before picking it up, watched TOO MUCH youtube about the reviews on the 550s.....and thought its a driver's car.

Originally Posted by category5
i see you're in vancouver ; ) go with the balboni - it is so damn rare especially up here. i assume asgar is asking a bit more for the balboni? the black one he has been trying to sell for a while now..........
Hey, good to see a vancouver fellow! Ya the balboni is nice. This blk car isn't the one you are talking about, the one you said is used, and it IS sitting for a while..haha.. wanna meet up sometime???

Old 03-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alan6888hk
Exactly, 2WD is the MAIN concern for me since i have never had any experience with Lambo RWD, but read some reviews, seems like a pretty good driver's car!

You are right! these 2 colors are the colors that I like too.... so its a tough choice for me!

HAHA! seems like we are on the same track! I like the orange on this car too. However, here are some of my deciding factors:
1. The balboni is a 2010 car while the blk is 2009.
2. I am more to driver's car more then luxury, but not sure about lambo's RWD system. Its the fact that the balboni is 300lb lighter then the 560s!! Heard the reviews say its more responsive.
3. I already have a porsche 997TT as my DD. So I am not sure if I should get AWD again.
4. The resale of a orange lambo vs a blk lambo? Blk is easier? or the balboni is more attracting since its limited edition!?
5. THe 560 does better on 0-60, while the balboni is .2 second slower.
6. Which car does better on a track????

THank you SOOOO much bavorak!

Exactly, I have had many many blk cars before...a 996C2, 997TT, E60M5, CayenneS...all of them are blk. BLAck IS such a beauty while they are clean and shinny! but some how they hide some of the details of the car....

YOUR CAR LOOKS NICE AND CLEAN!!!! I would take it if I am in the states....

Yes, that LP560-4 WAS what I was getting originally, almost picked it up, but just the day before picking it up, watched TOO MUCH youtube about the reviews on the 550s.....and thought its a driver's car.

Hey, good to see a vancouver fellow! Ya the balboni is nice. This blk car isn't the one you are talking about, the one you said is used, and it IS sitting for a while..haha.. wanna meet up sometime???
Not a problem...I can get it into Canada for you now..

Roy

Old 03-15-2010, 11:07 PM
srtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to behold
I see you are from vancouver! I would say go with the 550-2 since there is already a 560-4 in black just like that one cruising around. if you're dealing with rob hes a great guy to deal with! I bought my roadster from him...(already sold it though)

ricky

Old 03-16-2010, 12:05 AM
alan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by srtricky
I see you are from vancouver! I would say go with the 550-2 since there is already a 560-4 in black just like that one cruising around. if you're dealing with rob hes a great guy to deal with! I bought my roadster from him...(already sold it though)

ricky

Hey Ricky! Yea, I AM from van! I actually work part time as Rob's assistance! He is a very very good guy to deal with honestly. Hope to see you around!

Old 03-16-2010, 02:53 AM
fkaasik is a name known to allfkaasik is a name known to allfkaasik is a name known to allfkaasik is a name known to allfkaasik is a name known to allfkaasik is a name known to all
I wish I had your dilemma

Since its going to be your "weekend" car I would go with the Balboni. I just think that because of its raw nature its going to be a more rewarding drive.

Best of luck with the purchase

Old 03-16-2010, 08:21 AM
ahtim is infamous around these parts
Hey alan,

are u chinese? CBC?
i saw you post on selecting those 550 and 560, i have actually got a 560, and so i was invited to Sepang's lamborghini's test drive event for all gallardo, SL, 550, 560.
I have very good relationship with lambor, and those guys told me not to get 550, as there will be a proper rear wheel drive made later which will be better then 550-2,
If u are getting the 560, u must need the sport suspension upgrade, i know it cost quite a lot, but well worth it!!!.

from my point of view after test drive both on Sepang, i think the 550 is more responsive, but i will get a 430SC rather then 550, cause 550 is not race spec enough for a rear wheel drive lambor, if u really want a 2wd lambor,, wait for a bit. and get the new with proper 2wd,

i have posted some video as well for the test drive

Old 03-16-2010, 07:57 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bavorak
I'm gonna go against the grain here, the 550-2 in Orange looks fantastic, I agree the stripe is a matter of personal taste but with a car that has so many sharp lines and openings the orange deffinatly emphasizes these characteristics much better. I find the black dulls alot of the fine detail this car has to offer.

Those are just personal observations though, I don't think you can go wrong either way. Good luck with your decission, let us know how you decide and what was the deciding factor.
Perfectly stated.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:18 PM
techart gt st is a glorious beacon of lighttechart gt st is a glorious beacon of lighttechart gt st is a glorious beacon of lighttechart gt st is a glorious beacon of lighttechart gt st is a glorious beacon of lighttechart gt st is a glorious beacon of light
i had an lp-5604 for about a year, tubi exhaust and a flash that evoms did and it ran great, love that car, either one but i think it would be easy to sell the awd car. i would choose the one thats faster.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:28 PM
L3CR4M is infamous around these parts
The orange LP550-2 Balboni sounds like a good choice, if getting a lambo why not get a uniqe color .... also the Balboni has RWD which really makes it stand out compared to the AWD Lamborghini's.

but the black LP560-4 looks just as good... just comes down to personal preference I guess.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:16 AM
Thank you! Thank you all for such precious input. I took them all into consideration.

I have made a decision today and just picked up the car. Yea, I was struggling at the dealership with my best friend who owns a LP560 (Thx whitecoupe), for many hours before making such decision.LOL

Have to apologize to those if my choice has disappointed you, one or the other.

Pic will come soon!

Thank you all again.

Alan

Last edited by alan6888hk; 03-17-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:25 AM
Dark-Hawk is infamous around these parts
If you could only go with that LP550-2 in this instance I'd go with the LP560-4; I'm just not a fan of orange cars and not sure I'd ever enjoy driving in one. Which do YOU prefer though, RWD or AWD?

EDIT: Just saw you made a decision, congratulations .

Old 03-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Exotic is infamous around these parts
Thank you! Thank you all for such precious input. I took them all into consideration.

I have made a decision today and just picked up the car. Yea, I was struggling at the dealership with my best friend who owns a LP560 (Thx whitecoupe), for many hours before making such decision.LOL

Pic will come soon!

Thank you all again.

Alan

How does one write this and not give what the choice was?

Old 03-17-2010, 01:20 PM
L3CR4M is infamous around these parts

Pic will come soon!

Thank you all again.

Alan
nice, looking forward to the pics, if it was the lp550-2 it might be the first or is the first in Vancouver that was bought?
glossy lp560 looks just as good, aggresive looking car + black is a nice combo.

off-topic but is this your vantage? saw it parked behind LoV early this year... car looks just as amazing as a lambo with the matte paint job.
if I remember correctly you had a c2 i shot early 2009 i think...

Last edited by L3CR4M; 03-17-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by L3CR4M
nice, looking forward to the pics, if it was the lp550-2 it might be the first or is the first in Vancouver that was bought?
glossy lp560 looks just as good, aggresive looking car + black is a nice combo.

off-topic but is this your vantage? saw it parked behind LoV early this year... car looks just as amazing as a lambo with the matte paint job.
if I remember correctly you had a c2 i shot early 2009 i think...
Yup Marcel. This is the aston vantage that I traded in! This is such a great shot by the way. Thank you! Yes, you helped me shot my 996C2. Those pics are one of my favourit shots.
Thank you!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How would you guys choose between this LP550-2 Balboni and this Blk LP560-4??