Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Clueless Lamborghini Salesman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:27 AM
flavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond reputeflavorPacket has a reputation beyond repute
Whenever I walk into a dealership, I introduce myself and then say, "look, I'm an automotive engineer. I do not wish to discuss any technical features of this car." Most of the time the salesmen get kinda nervous and I can back them into a corner.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Banned
gt2urbo is infamous around these partsgt2urbo is infamous around these parts
i expect this 90 percent of the time... thats why i buy from 1 spot now and they know i know what i want. some guy at a n audi dealer said my car was a fake gt2 and that they would take it for 80k as a tradin lol... i had 5k miles at the time on it and it was only 1 year old lol. he also said that the v8 audi is a much better car and that id be lucky to find a buyer for over 80k

Old 04-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Pipper6speed is infamous around these parts
I sometimes wonder if I could sell 10x as many cars as a salesman...

Old 04-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
These kind of stories irks me. Deal with the GM. I don't deal with salesman for that very reason. It is unacceptable that a high-line dealer would hire people that are just so clueless.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:01 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
I guess the old days when my buddy Mike worked there are over. Very sad...

Old 04-09-2010, 01:14 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gt2urbo
i expect this 90 percent of the time... thats why i buy from 1 spot now and they know i know what i want. some guy at a n audi dealer said my car was a fake gt2 and that they would take it for 80k as a tradin lol... i had 5k miles at the time on it and it was only 1 year old lol. he also said that the v8 audi is a much better car and that id be lucky to find a buyer for over 80k
I'd be pretty pissed if I drove a GT2 into the dealers lot and they call it a fake

Old 04-09-2010, 02:39 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
I still can't get over the fact he said SV translates to super light... Wow

Old 04-09-2010, 11:13 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
And let me guess LP stands for lightweight paint?

Old 04-09-2010, 11:41 AM
rmani is infamous around these partsrmani is infamous around these parts
99% of these guys get into the business to make money, not because they really love cars. Yet another reason why I loathe dealers and their ******* sales people.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Ha ha I thought about doing car sales when I was younger until I started to hear from a friend what the managers expected of their sales people. They want to you to say and do ANYTHING to make the sale. Lie cheat and steal if need be to get the sale. I am just not capable of doing things like that. Plus I would actually feel bad selling cars to people with 10%+ interest rates who only make a few hundred more a month than the car payment. It is no wonder with most (not all) dealerships like this that you wind up with people of that caliber.

What idiot of a sales person is going to argue with a customer/client about arbitrary details of a car? Better yet is when they give you their opinion about another car being better than yours. What a great way to get a buyer in a buying mood...