Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

What's The Main Difference Between Lamborghini and Ferrari Owners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 07:25 PM
JoeyM is infamous around these parts
ferrari drivers download ****, lambo drivers make it.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:21 PM
GT2 Mike has a spectacular aura aboutGT2 Mike has a spectacular aura about
Lambo's are twice as sexy !

Old 12-23-2010, 01:34 PM
jpohl402 is infamous around these partsjpohl402 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AMG101
The different stories are interesting. Ferrari does care about their cars and customers, yes it is true if you are "looking at a ferrari" or lambo...etc. the dealership may push you around...you can't just go drive a 200+K car. Both are wonderful brands. I just see a Ferrari as a Rolex, maybe not the best looking or flashy as other brands but it's a rolex and that says enough. i do have to say though with all this high horse power battle, 4 wheel drive might be the future of supercars...?

I wasn't referring to joy-riding a new L-car/F-car - I was speaking regarding the "After-sales" experience my friend....

Old 12-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by jpcourt
I love them both!!!!
Did you sell both the Scud & the Superleggera?

Old 12-24-2010, 10:57 AM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
In the watch world

Originally Posted by AMG101
The different stories are interesting. Ferrari does care about their cars and customers, yes it is true if you are "looking at a ferrari" or lambo...etc. the dealership may push you around...you can't just go drive a 200+K car. Both are wonderful brands. I just see a Ferrari as a Rolex, maybe not the best looking or flashy as other brands but it's a rolex and that says enough. i do have to say though with all this high horse power battle, 4 wheel drive might be the future of supercars...?
Rolex would not be considered a lambo or a ferrari, more like a 3 series bmw. They really were designed as a working mans watch and they do a great job of that but they are not near the top of the food chain to hard core watch people

Old 12-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by tourbillon001
Rolex would not be considered a lambo or a ferrari, more like a 3 series bmw. They really were designed as a working mans watch and they do a great job of that but they are not near the top of the food chain to hard core watch people
Exactly.
To name a few, Patek Philippe or Jacob & Co....

Old 12-30-2010, 05:43 AM
TexasZ is infamous around these parts
I have looked at both a F430 and a Gallardo and I'm close to closing the deal on one next week. My problem with the Lambo is I don't fit comfortably. I'm assuming everyone is under 6' in these things because at 6'4" I have to lean over to drive the car. Am I doing something wrong??

Old 12-30-2010, 06:24 AM
DonJuan348 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TexasZ
I have looked at both a F430 and a Gallardo and I'm close to closing the deal on one next week. My problem with the Lambo is I don't fit comfortably. I'm assuming everyone is under 6' in these things because at 6'4" I have to lean over to drive the car. Am I doing something wrong??
Yes, looking at and trying to buy the wrong car. Ferrari all the way

Old 01-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Mr.Jack is infamous around these parts
I'm sure there are many many differences but there's one that stands out to me. Being young and a very inexperienced fledging entrepreneur, I cannot give you a direct standpoint from ownership. However I can give you what I've come to understand of the owners of the brands. Locally I've met some very well to do people through my father, some have been arrogant ****** deep down and some not so much. Here is my story:

Two local neurosurgeons in my city own a practice (only 2 in the city and in any surrounding cities) and they receive great business. Both lease Ferraris. Both recently went from 360s to 430s. Everytime I visit my father at the hospital and see them in the doctors lounge, we chat a little since my father is friends with both. They'll poke fun about my 02 M3 and how they remember having german cars before they went Italian (emphasis on Italtian lol). Chit chat like normal people, and thatll be it.

Well my dad is also a gun FANATIC to say the least. If zombies ever attacked come to my house, is what I'm saying. It just also happens that Ronnie Barrett (Barrett .50 cal) has his business here and resides in the city I live in. So every now and then we'll go over to Ronnies for a party or just to check out some guns. Mr. Barrett bought his lambo and drives it in jeans and a t shirt. Unlike the surgeons, who dont get seen out in public with a dr coat or a suit on. He also asks me how school is going and what sort of businesses I plan to create. Gives me pointers and makes sure to tell me not to make a better gun company to put him out of business .

The things I see here is that F owners tend to be more shallow and try to be big shots. While the Lambo owners are more down to earth, have a certain ambiance about them, which makes them somebody. Oh and they also have a sense of humor. Instead of making fun of somebody, they'll kid on themselves to make you feel like you can do what they did to achieve that car. Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:58 PM
TAEnvy is a jewel in the roughTAEnvy is a jewel in the roughTAEnvy is a jewel in the roughTAEnvy is a jewel in the rough
My personal experience seems to be very similar to Mr Jack's. When I was in high school and first year or two of college I worked at a shop and we had a regular who was a fabricator and drove a Gallardo. He used to come in to have his tires replaced and occasionally use our racks to work on the Lambo.

He was always a trip, he would come in and I'd be out in the shop covered from head to toe in grease and grime, he would come out and sit around and talk to me and have me show him how I did the tires. Id have his all his tires replaced in about 45 minutes and then he would sit around and talk to us for another 3 or 4 hours. Take us for rides in the car, ask what he should do to it (wheels mods). Just an all around friendly guy.

He used to joke he should have bought 10 scions instead of the Gallardo and turn them into different things like a lawn mower.

Seems every Lambo owner I've met has been a very friendly down to earth person.

Not so much with Ferrari owners, there are good ones though without a doubt including most of the owners on this site as they are the real enthusiasts.

I think this trend comes from the Ferrari name, its just the name recognition everyone, enthusiasts and nonenthusiasts knows Ferraris are bad *** wether they know anything about cars or not, so you get a higher amount of buyers that buy them as a status symbol.

I think the Lambo name carries a similar weight but not to the degree of the Ferrari name.

Seems every single

Old 01-04-2011, 11:16 PM
eightspeed is infamous around these parts
Lambo owners tend to be a little younger, I'd guess the average age is early 40's. For Ferraris, I'd say mid-late 40's.

Someone mentioned that Ferrari greatly outnumbers Lambo at exotic gatherings. That's no surprise because Ferrari outsells Lambo about 5:1 annually, and before the Gallardo came along it was even more lopsided. How often do you see a random Lambo on the street versus a Ferrari? They're far rarer

Old 01-06-2011, 09:39 PM
JuniorGTS is a name known to allJuniorGTS is a name known to allJuniorGTS is a name known to allJuniorGTS is a name known to allJuniorGTS is a name known to allJuniorGTS is a name known to all
IMO, The Lambo .. Well Gallardo crowd seems to be way more down to earth, approachable and more into the cars performance. F guys always tend to be happy with a shiny car that they drive 1,000 miles a yr and really clueless for the most part when it comes to performance and going fast.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:20 AM
DonJuan348 is infamous around these parts
I can not agree with that. I think overall Lambo guys drive less than Ferrari guys. Just look at the mileage of the cars for sell ...

On either side, the older owners with the newer models seem more "snob-ish" and drive less.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:05 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
Well I'm 31

only wear shorts and tees, and I've put 17k miles on my G in two years. So the heck with being snobby and not driving my car. I also let just about anyone that wants to sit in it and take as many pics as they want. It can get a bit annoying if I'm in a rush but I figure cars like these are meant to be enjoyed and if I can make a kids day and inspire them to work hard than I owe it to them.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:37 PM
U-R-PREY is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tourbillon001
only wear shorts and tees, and I've put 17k miles on my G in two years. So the heck with being snobby and not driving my car. I also let just about anyone that wants to sit in it and take as many pics as they want. It can get a bit annoying if I'm in a rush but I figure cars like these are meant to be enjoyed and if I can make a kids day and inspire them to work hard than I owe it to them.
I like your attitude on this. ENJOY them. Let people take pics, give rides, etc. People love these cars. Share the fun.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What's The Main Difference Between Lamborghini and Ferrari Owners?