Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

LP700 unmasked

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Hua
Hua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud ofHua has much to be proud of
Looks just like the AB Flug S900 body kit for the MKIV Supra from 9 years ago.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:35 AM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hua
Looks just like the AB Flug S900 body kit for the MKIV Supra from 9 years ago.
That is a BIG 10 - NO, partner. That is unless you are real slanty-eyed and squint when you look at it.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:58 PM
kberkel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ORYX
That is a BIG 10 - NO, partner. That is unless you are real slanty-eyed and squint when you look at it.
cracked me up

That's one sick lambo for sure. The side intake looks so bonkers, it's awesome.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:15 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Carbon
Well technically it is an intake, as it takes in air, but yes I meant vents or ducts. The main point was that at least they designed this body with the engine in mind and don't have to have it open up more to feed itself cool air.
Actually, the LP700-4 does have opening vents for engine cooling on top behind the side windows just like the Murcielago in addition to the giant side intakes. The difference in the vents on the LP700-4 is that they are hinged at the bottom and open at the top unlike the Murci's vents that are hinged at the top and open at the bottom.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:01 AM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
Actually, the LP700-4 does have opening vents for engine cooling on top behind the side windows just like the Murcielago in addition to the giant side intakes. The difference in the vents on the LP700-4 is that they are hinged at the bottom and open at the top unlike the Murci's vents that are hinged at the top and open at the bottom.
Ah so not much has changed. Have you seen the car in action to be able to say this? I didn't see this in the pics.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:29 AM
C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !C4s Dave Is a GOD !
Ah so not much has changed. Have you seen the car in action to be able to say this? I didn't see this in the pics.
I have seen the car, this is true. Side intakes are massive, the upper vents are for cooling. They were not in operation on the show car- do hinge at bottom and swing downward.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:40 AM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Yes, I saw the car in the LA private viewing. The Lamborghini staff memeber at the viewing explained and showed how it works. This is virtually impossible to decipher from photos...

Car was impressive both in engineering and looks. To me, the LP700-4 has a lot of Reventon styling elements.