Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Aventador Roaring On The Streets Of Berlin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:06 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
The Aventador is a mix of Reventon and LP640/670 how can anyone thinks its ugly? I guess I am used to a spoiler however so the rear is taking some time to get used to.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:14 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by germeezy1
The Aventador is a mix of Reventon and LP640/670 how can anyone thinks its ugly? I guess I am used to a spoiler however so the rear is taking some time to get used to.
The Aventador has a rather large spoiler in the back that deploys in 3 stages. It may look even better with the spoiler deployed. It also has side cooling vents that open from the top (similar to the Murci's side vents that open from the bottom). Again, I have not seen pictures with either of these aero aids deployed - hope they make the car look better, not worse.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:30 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
The Aventador has a rather large spoiler in the back that deploys in 3 stages. It may look even better with the spoiler deployed. It also has side cooling vents that open from the top (similar to the Murci's side vents that open from the bottom). Again, I have not seen pictures with either of these aero aids deployed - hope they make the car look better, not worse.
I know about the spoiler but have not seen pictures, I was meaning I am used to seeing them with fixed spoilers.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:32 PM
I also love the ISR transmission , but I am curious about no direct injection. I assume that they are holding on to that, for a revision of this engine when the time is needed. Obviously at 700 hp this engine is perfectly fine, plus port injection giving you better throttle response.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:03 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
I traded in my 09 F430 for my 09 LP640. The two cars are not in the same league in looks (subjective opinion) and power and performance (fact). I actually believe the gap has widened between the Aventador and the 458 (again, that is my opinion).
I doubt many ppl would disagree w/ you there; 640>>>430, no sweat.

Actually, in terms of 1st impressions, the 360 was quite a looker when it first came out, then Ferrari degraded a bit in looks w/ the 430 and now even more w/ the 458 (all imho), I really don't understand, but the 458 does have a lot of fans. On the other hand, Lamborghini is doing a great job with going the other direction and improving on the looks dept w/ each successive model.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:25 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Murcielago`s presence > 458, agreed, but i think the real competitor to the 458 is the Gallardo and his upcoming successor and we will see how these will compare then. anyway, nice video. Camera Cayenne is badass as well .

Old 03-23-2011, 05:16 AM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Another hit for Lamborghini, love the sound.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:14 AM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
Murcielago`s presence > 458, agreed, but i think the real competitor to the 458 is the Gallardo and his upcoming successor and we will see how these will compare then. anyway, nice video. Camera Cayenne is badass as well .
Yes, agreed that the car in the 458's class from Lambo is the G. However, recently, elsewhere in the forum, al ot of comparisons on design originality have been made between the Aventador and the 458, mainly because they are both new and followed different design pholosophies.

Also agreed, the Cayenne T is badass. I watched a documentary sometime back and it is the car of choice for high speed filming in Hollywood!

Old 04-01-2011, 09:48 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
on the vallelunga track, mind ur ears!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XpovUYKakk

Old 04-04-2011, 04:57 AM
Bimmeristic has a spectacular aura aboutBimmeristic has a spectacular aura about
Nice toy. Too bad you can't have any real fun with it unless you're on a racetrack and know what you're doing at really high speeds!!!

Old 04-04-2011, 09:46 AM
donahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of light

As everyone is saying there is no clear picture of the spoiler while it's out, At the Geneva show I asked the gentleman to raise it for me his reply was that he couldn't, it has to be on certain speeds..

anyway, I saw a video of a flyby Aventador and print screened those for you, not the best of shots but oh well..

and this is the fly by video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XpovUYKakk

Attached Images  
Old 04-04-2011, 06:23 PM
fredwlau is infamous around these parts
Performance wise the 430 was not a competitor with the murcielago, it was a competitor with the gallardo. Nonetheless, the new 458 is ugly in my opinion, word is the looks will be improved upon with the lightweight version of the car. At the moment, I find the 430 Scuderia 16M to be the best looking ferrari.

The aventador is rivaled against the ferrari 599 GTO, which the aventador kills it in looks. I've always found it weird how ferrari manages to strip down every commodity or luxury in a car (power seats, a/c, radio, leather) while lamborghini still supplies those luxuries while maintaining similar performance. It actually bothers me a little that the two exotics have that dilemma because I simply love ferrari and the legend/heritage that goes into their cars but simply cannot understand why they can't supply the same luxuries that lamborghini does while maintaining performance.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:52 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tranquility
To the ppl who don't like the looks of this Lambo: do you think that the 458 is a good-looking car?
Spot-on. Rep

IMO, it takes a while for the looks of new models to grow on folks.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:23 AM
SFGT3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HIRISC
Spot-on. Rep

not really, growing on you doesn't work with looks. you either like it or you don't. thats called your personal taste. This lambo looks way over done.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:18 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by HIRISC
Spot-on. Rep

Heh, I didn't want to reply to this, but perhaps HIRISC will want to revoke his rep to me. What I meant was I was curious that some ppl don't like this new Lambo design, so perhaps those that don't - like the 458's styling instead. I definitely don't like the 458's looks but love this Aventador: it's almost perfect in my books.

Originally Posted by SFGT3
not really, growing on you doesn't work with looks. you either like it or you don't. thats called your personal taste. This lambo looks way over done.
Usually that's correct, however, sometimes a car does grow on you, coming from personal experience. Btw, what do you think about the 458?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aventador Roaring On The Streets Of Berlin