Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Underground Racing Domination @ TX2K11

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Trill M3 is infamous around these partsTrill M3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RFFG
I said not to quote me, I'm not the engineer

ok...

Old 03-29-2011, 03:10 PM
mrslay is infamous around these partsmrslay is infamous around these parts
Your right. I was not present for the runs and i dont know 100% if the car was spinning or not. Im only taking the information that i have seen and putting everything together.

You say im confusing the facts by posting inaccurate information but i dont see how my analysis of the dyno runs does this. I dont know the exact sampling range, but both pulls look similar at different speeds. The fact that the car made two pulls that were similar in hp but at different speeds puzzles me. If the car was spinning and hooks at the end of the run to get the max reading, wouldnt the graphs be at a similar mph? And if the car didnt spin like AMS says, wouldnt the power bands be at the same mph? This is why i say that the dyno reading is inaccurate IMO.

Your info about the trap speeds is solid and definitely holds ground though.

Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3
I own a dyno dynamics as well.

Rubber between the rollers does not indicate wheel spin.

Measuring 1000-1200 whp, with a 4WD car, is easy on dynamics.

Bear in mind the 1069 whp run was not made in shoot out mode, was made out of shoot out mode. So it is less than 1069 whp.

WHy they dont dyno in shoot out mode? In order to multiply the figure of dyno dynamics so that it matches a dyno jet. A dyno dynamics in shoot out mode measures 15 % less than a dyno jet.

AMS has a very fast GTR but also there is the "marketing instinct" with this dyno run.
Would the " Mode" cause what im talking about?

Old 03-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Perkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant future
Impressive power .

Old 03-29-2011, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I was thinking that he had made it into the 6's at this point, I knew that most of the DR cars in the 6's were on a 315 DR. Thank you for your input on this I was thinking that there were cars with a good enough setup to beat the GTT's on the street. So your saying that you know of a few "real street cars" that would have no problem with the GTT's? I was really just thinking out loud and wondering how much it would take and what kind of car to build a King of the Streets car.
No issue.

Joel did run in the 6's in John K's car... it had 315's on it though. John went 7.30's on the 275's but with wheelie bars. Those cars aren't street cars by any means or stretch of the imagination though.

There is a guy right now calling out GTT's... he has an Fbody Camaro and is willing to demonstrate his craft "he says". I doubt him seriously and have called him on it... but nothing will materialize.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:30 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Trill M3
No issue.

Joel did run in the 6's in John K's car... it had 315's on it though. John went 7.30's on the 275's but with wheelie bars. Those cars aren't street cars by any means or stretch of the imagination though.

There is a guy right now calling out GTT's... he has an Fbody Camaro and is willing to demonstrate his craft "he says". I doubt him seriously and have called him on it... but nothing will materialize.
Oh I know they are not street cars but they are built within the specs of the rules. Is this by chance the Camaro that ran 239 at the TX Mile? You obviously has some high horsepower cars what is your opinion as to if there are any cars that could possibly run with the GTR's and GTT's?

On another note, the GTR that trapped 163 with only ~ 980 awhp what tires was he on.

Last edited by germeezy1; 03-29-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Oh I know they are not street cars but they are built within the specs of the rules. Is this by chance the Camaro that ran 239 at the TX Mile? You obviously has some high horsepower cars what is your opinion as to if there are any cars that could possibly run with the GTR's and GTT's?

On another note, the GTR that trapped 163 with only ~ 980 awhp what tires was he on.
This isn't the Camaro that ran 239 at the TX Mile. I don't think people are looking at the gearing, transmission, and aerodynamics it takes to run with cars like GTR's and GTT's. I've heard a number of folks say that they'll do this or that... but you can't get them to speak up above a whisper in the presence of a formidable opponent.

It had Mickey Thompson DR's on it... 18inch

Old 03-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mrslay
Your right. I was not present for the runs and i dont know 100% if the car was spinning or not. Im only taking the information that i have seen and putting everything together.

You say im confusing the facts by posting inaccurate information but i dont see how my analysis of the dyno runs does this. I dont know the exact sampling range, but both pulls look similar at different speeds. The fact that the car made two pulls that were similar in hp but at different speeds puzzles me. If the car was spinning and hooks at the end of the run to get the max reading, wouldnt the graphs be at a similar mph? And if the car didnt spin like AMS says, wouldnt the power bands be at the same mph? This is why i say that the dyno reading is inaccurate IMO.
What's inaccurate is implying tire spin was the sole cause for the low whp #'s. We don't know if it spun on the 2nd run, or even if it did...how much power was lost? Maybe none at all (meaning it could have started to spin, and then hooked allowing the full reading to be taken).

All we know is that on that dyno run, on that day, it made 1069 awhp. No more, no less. It then backed up that number (pretty much) with a 159 trap speed the following day.

We also know that AMS stopped running all of their cars that same day, due to an issue they claimed was caused by maxing out the stock ECU. We also know that the exact same car went 163 at only 980 awhp on AMS' Mustang as an Alpha 10.

That's all we know. Everything else is pure conjecture, some of which is totally illogical.

Would the " Mode" cause what im talking about?
I believe that he's saying that if the dyno-operators had used shoot-out mode, all of the dyno results would've been approximately 15% lower that day.

If the operators did this on purpose, it was probably to ensure they got the highest readings they could get for all of the cars that were being dyno'd, simply to make the event more exciting for everyone. I certainly don't think their intentions were malicious or shady.

I can't confirm anything about shoot-out mode, but Mert does own a DynoDynamics that he uses in his tuning shop. He would know.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 03-29-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !

M&H Racemasters. AMS car is about 200lbs lighter than stock. Has CF hood, roof, trunklid, seats removed (replaced with 1 CF driver's race seat).

Switzer went 160 in a full-weight GT-R at essentially the same power level on MT Streets. It was his first iteration of the R1K setup. He's learned a lot since then.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
M&H Racemasters.
I stand corrected... they listed M/T drag-radials.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:49 PM
I stand corrected... they listed M/T drag-radials.
Your probably right, Naseem. They were running M&Hs in TX so I assumed they used them previously.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:01 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
This isn't the Camaro that ran 239 at the TX Mile. I don't think people are looking at the gearing, transmission, and aerodynamics it takes to run with cars like GTR's and GTT's. I've heard a number of folks say that they'll do this or that... but you can't get them to speak up above a whisper in the presence of a formidable opponent.

It had Mickey Thompson DR's on it... 18inch
Oh trust me I know , gearing is one reason the Vipers and Vettes are at a disadvantage at these power levels. Despite both having engines capable of as much as the Gallardo TT race builds are. I also think that depending on what the owner would put up with the GTR is capable of getting lighter as well.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Oh trust me I know, gearing is one reason the Vipers and Vettes are at a disadvantage at these power levels. Despite both having engines capable of as much as the Gallardo TT race builds are. I also think that depending on what the owner would put up with the GTR is capable of getting lighter as well.
I'm watching Scott's build from the shadows to see his results.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Ha ha...rep for you!

Look, I'm not making any promises, nor am I stupid enough to talk any crap. I'll just say that my 'goal' for this build is to beat the fastest TTGs on the street. Not other GT-Rs, not Porsches, not any other cars. I'm focused on the 1500+ whp TTGs because I feel if you can beat them, you can pretty much beat everything else. IMO, they are where the bar is currently set.

Will I meet that goal? I'm confident, but definitely not sure. I'll just have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

I think it would generate a lot of discussion/debates. Good stuff.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:57 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
I'm watching Scott's build from the shadows to see his results.

EVERYBODY is!

Old 03-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by vrybad
EVERYBODY is!
It should be a bad ride!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Underground Racing Domination @ TX2K11