Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Underground Racing Domination @ TX2K11

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 07:32 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I was thinking the 997.2 TT PDK cars would be right in this hunt for fastest street cars.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I was thinking the 997.2 TT PDK cars would be right in this hunt for fastest street cars.
When they start getting built motors and built PDK trannys, they will be. Unfortunately, they don't come with the bulletproof Metzger 3.6L that's used in the 996 and 997.1 TTs and GT cars. They have a new 3.8L DFI engine instead, that's rumored to be much less able to deal with high hp. The max power we are seeing so far in the 550whp range. One has run 7.24 60-130 with exhaust, 5" intercoolers, BMC filter and tune.

Down the road, when tuners start building their motors and trannys and running big-boost, they will definitely be in the hunt.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 03-29-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DarrinB
SOB....... next car on my list ugr tt gallardo.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:24 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
When they start getting built motors and built PDK trannys, they will be. Unfortunately, they don't come with the bulletproof Metzger 3.6L that's used in the 996 and 997.1 TTs and GT cars. They have a new 3.8L DFI engine instead, that's rumored to be much less able to deal with high hp. The max power we are seeing so far in the 550whp range. One has run 7.24 60-130 with exhaust, 5" intercoolers, BMC filter and tune.

Down the road, when tuners start building their motors and trannys and running big-boost, they will definitely be in the hunt.
Oh I knew that , the new A91 series engine just is not as stout. I just figured by this point that they would have built motors and PDK's.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Got-Busa? is a jewel in the roughGot-Busa? is a jewel in the roughGot-Busa? is a jewel in the rough
The rider of the 'busa (Johnvon) claims he had issues with his fuel pump and nitrous the night he raced Peter's car in the video. I can't confim or deny the validity of this, but I was told that he raced another one of the TTGs with the same power as Peter's car 2 nights later and only lost by a car length. This story seems likely as a 317rwhp 'busa will trap over 170 mph and should be a very good race for a monster TTG making 1500 whp up to 170 or so.

Here's his post from supraforums:
That makes more sense based on the video...

The bike was running 10.2 @ 138mph at the track so I knew something wasn't right...

Old 03-30-2011, 03:54 AM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of

A "good source from Germany" told me that the PDK's development was not finished 100%. Getrag did not want to supply PDK for Porsche as its tests were not perfect and not finished.

Porsche put pressure on Getrag to finish PDK transmissions. End result is the PDK does not hold over 600 flywheel hp. At least not for now.

It may be that someone such as Whiteknight comes out with a reinforcement package for PDK.

On the other side, 6 speed manual transmissions should cope with the added power, where the 3,8L engine has to endure the extra loads.

Lets see how 6 speed manual 3,8L 997.2 TTs hold up. They should be fine with reinforced internals.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3
A "good source from Germany" told me that the PDK's development was not finished 100%. Getrag did not want to supply PDK for Porsche as its tests were not perfect and not finished.

Porsche put pressure on Getrag to finish PDK transmissions. End result is the PDK does not hold over 600 flywheel hp. At least not for now.

It may be that someone such as Whiteknight comes out with a reinforcement package for PDK.

On the other side, 6 speed manual transmissions should cope with the added power, where the 3,8L engine has to endure the extra loads.

Lets see how 6 speed manual 3,8L 997.2 TTs hold up. They should be fine with reinforced internals.
I think that a 997.2 TT with a built motor and built PDK would put it right in the midst of the battle between the GTR and the GTT.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I think that a 997.2 TT with a built motor and built PDK would put it right in the midst of the battle between the GTR and the GTT.
I absolutely agree.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:33 PM
/\/\5POWER is infamous around these parts
I wish I was there to help defend the **** talking by UGR and their followers, damn I gotta come out to tx2k12 and hopefully run into Johnvon or better yet Miss Barton.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:04 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
I say if anyone can do it... SWITZER can.. best of luck

Old 03-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by /\/\5POWER
I wish I was there to help defend the **** talking by UGR and their followers, damn I gotta come out to tx2k12 and hopefully run into Johnvon or better yet Miss Barton.
I hear ya..... ****talkers are so annoying.

Kyle

Last edited by Top Gun Customz; 03-30-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:48 PM
spOILed is infamous around these parts
rumor has it that engine fires have happened with them anyone know of this?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:31 PM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by spOILed
rumor has it that engine fires have happened with them anyone know of this?
The only "fire" happened at the Texas Mile 1.5 years ago during a high speed run. The car was being pushed hard at over 230mph when it happened. Oil got on the hot exhaust. The car is since back up and running fine. Couple years ago someone posted they heard a rumor that my engine blew up in one of my cars....but it was sitting in my garage the whole time w/o any issues. There are rumors about anything you want to hear about on the internet! Speaking of rumors, google "Elvis" and "alive". It's rumored he is alive and working as an undercover agent for the DEA. Wonder if it's true?

PS. Pretty much all UR customers belong to national forums. If something didn't come direct from a customer, you never know what's "rumored".

Kyle

Old 03-31-2011, 08:25 AM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
Simply because UR does not have an AWD dyno. They purchased their dyno when they were strictly doing RWD cars. Comparing #'s is a good starting point for a comparison, but running them is where it's at.

Kyle
There's no doubting the amazing performance of the UGR TTG's on the street. But from a numbers standpoint, has anyone with a TTG dyno'ed their car on a AWD dyno yet? Just curious what the AWHP numbers are. Seeing as how gallardo's are AWD, it would make sense to see AWHP numbers, correct?

Old 03-31-2011, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by rseven
There's no doubting the amazing performance of the UGR TTG's on the street. But from a numbers standpoint, has anyone with a TTG dyno'ed their car on a AWD dyno yet? Just curious what the AWHP numbers are. Seeing as how gallardo's are AWD, it would make sense to see AWHP numbers, correct?
Or even the opposite of that if someone wants to compare just #'s. Dyno a GTR on a RWD dyno the same way UR dynos the TTG. That's apples to apples too.

Kyle

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Underground Racing Domination @ TX2K11