Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Underground Racing Domination @ TX2K11

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 09:20 AM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Originally Posted by Top Gun Customz
Speaking of rumors, google "Elvis" and "alive". It's rumored he is alive and working as an undercover agent for the DEA. Wonder if it's true?

Kyle
Classy response to the **** talkers

Old 03-31-2011, 09:31 AM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
Or even the opposite of that if someone wants to compare just #'s. Dyno a GTR on a RWD dyno the same way UR dynos the TTG. That's apples to apples too.

Kyle
Yep, or better yet the hell with dyno. Line em up on the highway or at the drag strip.

I think the GTR is a faster car for 1/4 racing but I'd pick the Gallardo for highway pulls or anything over triple digits.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:44 AM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
Or even the opposite of that if someone wants to compare just #'s. Dyno a GTR on a RWD dyno the same way UR dynos the TTG. That's apples to apples too.

Kyle
But unless you're actually driving your GTR or TTG in RWD format, it's not a good indication of what your car is actually putting to the ground. Don't get me wrong, at the end of the day, I know a car's performance on the street is what really matters. But I'm actually surprised that nobody else has asked the AWD dyno question. Either way...it was just a question. No harm, no foul.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:23 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DarrinB
but I'd pick the Gallardo for highway pulls or anything over triple digits.
We'll find out soon enough. It also depends on which GT-R you are talking about, and which TTG.

The advantage the GT-R has is that it requires less HP to be competetive due to its more efficient transmission and lower drag coefficient.

Remember, we haven't seen a GT-R make more than 1069 whp yet as they've only been available in the US less than 3 years. This is only the beginning for these cars.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:54 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
We'll find out soon enough. It also depends on which GT-R you are talking about, and which TTG.

The advantage the GT-R has is that it requires less HP to be competetive due to its more efficient transmission and lower drag coefficient.

Remember, we haven't seen a GT-R make more than 1069 whp yet as they've only been available in the US less than 3 years. This is only the beginning for these cars.
The Dyno no matter if an AWD dyno or RWD dyno only provides an estimate of the engines power. There is only one real true way to know exactly how much power an engine puts out. Also even if dynoed the same way there is a big difference between the AWD layouts between the cars which would skew the power loss thru the drivetrain percentages.

The GTR has a better transmission, and AWD system as well as closer gearing than the Gallardo. I am curious though since the 2012 cars are gear limited to 193 if the built cars typically have a higher redline or different gearing to go faster. I always thought that the Gallardo TT's would be more stable and pull harder at higher speeds.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:33 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by germeezy1
The Dyno no matter if an AWD dyno or RWD dyno only provides an estimate of the engines power. There is only one real true way to know exactly how much power an engine puts out. Also even if dynoed the same way there is a big difference between the AWD layouts between the cars which would skew the power loss thru the drivetrain percentages.
I'm not really talking about dynos. I was simply saying the GT-R will do more with less, regardless of how you measure the power.

The GTR has a better transmission, and AWD system as well as closer gearing than the Gallardo. I am curious though since the 2012 cars are gear limited to 193 if the built cars typically have a higher redline or different gearing to go faster. I always thought that the Gallardo TT's would be more stable and pull harder at higher speeds.
Having driven both at high speeds (150-175 or so), I personally believe the GT-R is a 'tad' more stable. As far as which one pulls harder at high speeds, that comes to down to power. HP to HP (whether via engine dyno or AWD chassis dyno), I'd personally give the GT-R the advantage at any speed.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 03-31-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:39 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I'm not really talking about dynos. I was simply saying the GT-R will do more with less, regardless of how you measure the power.

Having driven both at high speeds (150-175 or so), I personally believe the GT-R is a 'tad' more stable. As far which one pulls harder at high speeds, that comes to down to power. HP to HP (whether via engine dyno or AWD chassis dyno), I'd give the GT-R the advantage at any speed.
Oh I know you were not talking about dyno's my statement was a broad statement for everyone. And I agree with you 100% about the GTR doing more with less hp and why it does. I just figured at higher speeds that the main thing POWER, POWER, POWER would outweigh the GTR's advantages. Because as of now the GTT's have the power advantage.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Oh I know you were not talking about dyno's my statement was a broad statement for everyone. And I agree with you 100% about the GTR doing more with less hp and why it does. I just figured at higher speeds that the main thing POWER, POWER, POWER would outweigh the GTR's advantages. Because as of now the GTT's have the power advantage.
That's the key point right there, germeezy. Currently, the most powerful GT-R is still giving up 400 whp or (based on available dyno numbers) to the Stage R cars (1550+ rwhp)...which is a heck of a lot. How much power will be required to close the gap is what I'm curious about.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:01 PM
That's the key point right there, germeezy. Currently, the most powerful GT-R is still giving up 400 whp or (based on available dyno numbers) to the Stage R cars (1550+ rwhp)...which is a heck of a lot. How much power will be required to close the gap is what I'm curious about.
As am I , no tractive power loss to the ground between shifts gives the GTR close performance with less power. But 400 rwhp even if you figure in RWHP vs AWHP and the no tractive force loss to the ground between shifts, and the close gearing its still an awfully big number!

Old 03-31-2011, 12:39 PM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
The Gallardos also have gearing to 250mph+. The GT-R has yet to see 21Xmph.

I believe 1/4 mile the GT-R will rule over the Gallardo. Short gearing, instant shifts (no boost loss), and insane grip all rule in the GT-R's favor. On the highway the GT-R will get yanked and the beating will get worse and worse as speeds climb. The GT-R tops out around 200 (AMS Alpha 9 hit 205). At those speeds, the Gallardo is just stretching its legs.

Also, I know a lot of things can overcome displacement, but you still have to look at the Gallardo being a 5l V10 and the GT-R being starting off as a 3.8l V6.

I'd love for nothing better than for a GT-R to reign supreme. I just don't know if it will happen with the way these Gallardos perform and how they keep increasing power. Last I heard, the Gallardos were hitting 19xxwhp! If those are the numbers they are putting down now, then what happens a year from now when the GT-R finally hits 1500whp and breaks into the 8's@ 170? The Gallardo will be trapping well into the 180's and breaking 2kwhp. The GT-R has some big obstacles in it's way. Best of luck, Scott, on proving everyone wrong! I hope you do, this way I don't have to hunker down the big bucks to own a Gallardo TT myself

Last edited by ItalianStallion; 03-31-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
The Gallardos also have gearing to 250mph+. The GT-R has yet to see 21Xmph.

I believe 1/4 mile the GT-R will rule over the Gallardo. Short gearing, instant shifts (no boost loss), and insane grip all rule in the GT-R's favor. On the highway the GT-R will get yanked and the beating will get worse and worse as speeds climb. The GT-R tops out around 200 (AMS Alpha 9 hit 205). At those speeds, the Gallardo is just stretching its legs.

Also, I know a lot of things can overcome displacement, but you still have to look at the Gallardo being a 5l V10 and the GT-R being starting off as a 3.8l V6.

I'd love for nothing better than for a GT-R to reign supreme. I just don't know if it will happen with the way these Gallardos perform and how they keep increasing power. Last I heard, the Gallardos were hitting 19xxwhp! If those are the numbers they are putting down now, then what happens a year from now when the GT-R finally hits 1500whp and breaks into the 8's@ 170? The Gallardo will be trapping well into the 180's and breaking 2kwhp. The GT-R has some big obstacles in it's way. Best of luck, Scott, on proving everyone wrong! I hope you do, this way I don't have to clunker down the big bucks to own a Gallardo TT myself
This is a never ending battle, and I don't foresee an end in sight. Who knows what the next Viper has in store...dual clutch perhaps? Ferrari engineering on that big V10, wider tires than ever before?

Old 03-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Top Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud ofTop Gun Customz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rseven
But I'm actually surprised that nobody else has asked the AWD dyno question. Either way...it was just a question. No harm, no foul.
No biggie. I'm sure several people have asked. It's usually asked by those wanting to make comparisons. Because once you own one, the "driver seat dyno" is all you need!

the most powerful GT-R is still giving up 400 whp or (based on available dyno numbers) to the Stage R cars (1550+ rwhp)...which is a heck of a lot. How much power will be required to close the gap is what I'm curious about.
UR has made over 1,900rwhp on a TTG. The drag figures, 60-130 figures, Texas Mile mph, etc, etc, were all done at much less hp, which throws another wrench in things for those comparing #'s. Unfortunately, the performance of that setup has never been measured.

Kyle

Old 03-31-2011, 12:48 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !

UR has made over 1,900rwhp on a TTG. The drag figures, 60-130 figures, Texas Mile mph, etc, etc, were all done at much less hp, which throws another wrench in things for those comparing #'s. Unfortunately, the performance of that setup has never been measured.

Kyle

someone get to it!

Old 03-31-2011, 01:09 PM
No biggie. I'm sure several people have asked. It's usually asked by those wanting to make comparisons. Because once you own one, the "driver seat dyno" is all you need!

Kyle
Ruh Roh, that throws a wrench into things....I just don't see the GTR's VR38 being capable of 1,900 rwhp. The Gallardo is interesting because most of the AWD beasts before were displacment limited. The Big power EVO's for instance were only capable of about 1,000 awhp at the upper limits. The previous Skylines, were capable of much more (over 1,400 rwhp) but ultimately there powerband can not compare to the GTT's.

So the quest for dominance isn't neccesarily engine based as it is a combo of all of the factors. I have an idea for an LSx based car that came in AWD ( only in one country) that could possibly be a basis for a top of the food chain street car. I am not so sure it would end up costing any less than the Gallardo TT. But the LSx is proven over 2000 whp so at least that part is taken care of.

How big can the Gallardo's engine go? Also will the Aventador with its trick new gearbox and 700 naturally aspirated hp with a 3400 lb curb weight be the top dog in the food chain as far as capability. Even though I doubt many will modify them to there limits.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:20 PM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Ruh Roh, that throws a wrench into things....I just don't see the GTR's VR38 being capable of 1,900 rwhp. The Gallardo is interesting because most of the AWD beasts before were displacment limited. The Big power EVO's for instance were only capable of about 1,000 awhp at the upper limits. The previous Skylines, were capable of much more (over 1,400 rwhp) but ultimately there powerband can not compare to the GTT's.

So the quest for dominance isn't neccesarily engine based as it is a combo of all of the factors. I have an idea for an LSx based car that came in AWD ( only in one country) that could possibly be a basis for a top of the food chain street car. I am not so sure it would end up costing any less than the Gallardo TT. But the LSx is proven over 2000 whp so at least that part is taken care of.

How big can the Gallardo's engine go? Also will the Aventador with its trick new gearbox and 700 naturally aspirated hp with a 3400 lb curb weight be the top dog in the food chain as far as capability. Even though I doubt many will modify them to there limits.
I'm curious how the Murcielago will do with Underground's treatment too. 2 more cylinders can't hurt. I know they've done a LP670SV already, though never heard anything about it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Underground Racing Domination @ TX2K11