Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Daniel Van Hoozer Call Out!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 04:01 PM
RedGTS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Sex
There are sooo many good responses to that; not going there though.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Dvh
Dvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Saving some money so their wife doesn't ***** as loudly?
Jamie, that's where our live's may be very different (from what I've heard).

My wife and I have had his and her's cars and raced together and separately ever since dating. She's very supportive of the car hobby. She had to have her own GTR and told me recently she really doesn't like the idea of me driving it. She went for a drive in a 1,000hp car yesterday and said she wasn't impressed and the look on the owner's face was priceless. She was also the 1st person to go for a ride in an unlimited hydroplane in our home city and having gone 2nd I was stunned she did this because I could barely walk after the ride.

So at the end of the day I'm more worried about beating my wife than you or anyone else.

Last edited by Dvh; 05-16-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Dvh
Dvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RedGTS
Isn't the answer to that question rather obvious? What motivates people more than anything else with respect to many other things?
Not true - you are way off the mark. It was more about service than cost. The cost of Titan's kit was actually quite a bit more than UGR's, but I felt it was worth it.

Sorry for the long answer, but we get this question all the time so might as answer it...

When I moved to Charlotte two years ago I was excited about the fact
that UGR was local. I called UGR and left a message, but never received a call back.

On two occasions I had guests in from the west coast that asked me to setup a visit at UGR. These were very legitimate prospective customers (own exotic cars, Gultstreams, and offshore race boats). I decided to call SW and asked him for a contact name. On two separate occasions I left msgs stating SW had referred me and wanted to set a time to come out along with other prospective customers. No Call back and a bit embarrassing for me.

After visiting UGR with Peter, Eric, and Tim last year during their
builds, I was introduced as a potential customer. A few weeks later I
was in the area and stopped in and nobody was there who handled sales
but said they'd have "him" call me. I didn't get a call until a couple
weeks later.

I've known Nero for years and he's someone I trust and a very nice guy
who is always prompt with communication. While at the TX2K Meet this
year he let me drive the Titan TTG on several occasions and took me out
Friday night for some fun on the hwy (even though we lost every race to
some of the big dogs). He also threw my wife the keys and let her drive
it. Later I asked him if he'd let a friend drive it and he didn't
hesitate in the least.

Once we drove the Titan TTG that weekend, we told Nero he had our order.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Catalyst is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dvh
Not true - you are way off the mark. It was more about service than cost. The cost of Titan's kit was actually quite a bit more than UGR's, but I felt it was worth it.

Sorry for the long answer, but we get this question all the time so might as answer it...

When I moved to Charlotte two years ago I was excited about the fact
that UGR was local. I called UGR and left a message, but never received a call back.

On two occasions I had guests in from the west coast that asked me to setup a visit at UGR. These were very legitimate prospective customers (own exotic cars, Gultstreams, and offshore race boats). I decided to call SW and asked him for a contact name. On two separate occasions I left msgs stating SW had referred me and wanted to set a time to come out along with other prospective customers. No Call back and a bit embarrassing for me.

After visiting UGR with Peter, Eric, and Tim last year during their
builds, I was introduced as a potential customer. A few weeks later I
was in the area and stopped in and nobody was there who handled sales
but said they'd have "him" call me. I didn't get a call until a couple
weeks later.

I've known Nero for years and he's someone I trust and a very nice guy
who is always prompt with communication. While at the TX2K Meet this
year he let me drive the Titan TTG on several occasions and took me out
Friday night for some fun on the hwy (even though we lost every race to
some of the big dogs). He also threw my wife the keys and let her drive
it. Later I asked him if he'd let a friend drive it and he didn't
hesitate in the least.

Seems like a good enough reason for me. Cant wait to see the Cars go at it!

Old 05-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Dvh
That's interesting, as the price Titan has published for their bolt-on system is not more than UGR's. So I gather you're going with a built engine setup? Would that be the first one they've done? If so I can't imagine paying full list to be the guinea pig. Please understand I'm not knocking Titan--that's just how the process works, in my experience, even at the best tuners. Tuners need a car or two to go first and give major discounts (I've seen some done essentially free) so that they can break into tuning a new type of car, and in recognition of the fact that doing all the fab work and tuning on a new car the first time will be very slow and may well have some hiccups. Can't speak to the communication issues you describe, as I never had that experience with them. Anyway, good luck with the build.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:02 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
A few comments from me:

Titan's kit is more expensive than UGR's? Really? What is the retail cost of the full build you are doing Daniel?

Service - I have had the best experience of my life with respect to a car build with UGR. Kevin and KC ALWAYS took my calls, ALWAYS took the time to explain things to me and ALWAYS delivered what they said they would. I'm shocked and in disbelief to hear that you never got a call back and to be honest, in speaking to Kevin, the story is a bit different than the one provided here Daniel. I am so impressed with UGR that I plan to build my 2011 SL (when I get it) with UGR. As a matter of fact, I could save LOTS of $ building with Titan but would rather re-live my experience with the UGR team and pay more.

To that end, I've known you for 10+ years Daniel, purchased several cars from you, and will always be your friend. As a matter of fact, I'm looking fwd to buying your 2012 GTR next year! I just wanted to put my 0.02 as I feel it is relevant. We all look forward to results from your build...it should be interesting to compare dyno numbers, 60-130, 100-150, quarter mile and TX Mile results... Talk to you soon.

Peter

Old 05-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
To that end, I've known you for 10+ years Daniel, purchased several cars from you, and will always be your friend. As a matter of fact, I'm looking fwd to buying your 2012 GTR next year! I just wanted to put my 0.02 as I feel it is relevant. We all look forward to results from your build...it should be interesting to compare dyno numbers, 60-130, 100-150, quarter mile and TX Mile results... Talk to you soon.

Peter
Rep for you.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dvh
Jamie, that's where our live's may be very different (from what I've heard).

So at the end of the day I'm more worried about beating my wife than you or anyone else.
And well you should be, one call to the authorities and you would be in jail

Old 05-17-2011, 12:45 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dvh
I guess that's cool. I've honked off a couple 60 rolls against my wife and walked her Mercedes....but Catharine has never enjoyed smelling like race gas.

I always enjoy racing against Nero and his cars, so when Valerie is ready to race the Titan Gallardo, let me know....

Old 05-17-2011, 01:08 PM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
I love how you gus are all friends but online you talk sh*t just to make the boards interesting! Props to all of you guys lol! I'm still too young and too broke but one day I'll meet up with you psychos with a very competitive car. Thanks to all for always pushing the envelope and raising the bar!

Old 05-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dvh
I've known Nero for years and he's someone I trust and a very nice guy who is always prompt with communication. While at the TX2K Meet this year he let me drive the Titan TTG on several occasions and took me out Friday night for some fun on the hwy (even though we lost every race to some of the big dogs). He also threw my wife the keys and let her drive it. Later I asked him if he'd let a friend drive it and he didn't hesitate in the least.

I'm the friend that drove it. It idled great, had no lurching or hesitation at low-speed, under boost it pulled very linearly and consistently with no hiccups, and it didn't produce any strange noises or smells. All in all, it was very nice-driving, 800'ish whp car, with no observable issues.

Of course I didn't detect any issues in the UGR TTG that I rode in either. It was also an extremely nice driving car with no annoyances or surprises. As far as how the cars felt during the drives, the only noticeable difference I could identify was the extra 750whp in the UGR car. Surprisingly, that was pretty noticeable.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 05-17-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:44 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by blowzilla
If you guys need a car to film your runs let me know. I live in Charlotte, and have plenty of boost to keep up
it seems like there are quite a few high hp cars in charlotte, but i rarely see them on the streets since i moved up here... does that have something to do with the horrible road quality here? lol

Old 05-17-2011, 04:49 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
interesting thread about UGR TT Lambo start on pg 3
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-new-post.html

Old 05-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
interesting thread about UGR TT Lambo start on pg 3
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-new-post.html
Interesting only in that it's interesting that anyone races a standing mile for ET like a drag strip. Apply TX Mile rules (or any other standing mile in the U.S. I've heard of) and none of the other cars are anywhere near the Lambo. I have zero interest in launching my 1,000-1,500 whp street car from a dig, and don't really get why anyone else would either. It is pretty amazing that UGR could ship a car to the other side of the world and provide zero input to the owner (my understanding is he never even called them before the race) and have it run over 230 mph, even with a horrendous launch.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:22 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
paulie , i just saw that , seems strange that UGR performed so poorly , i dont get it. was it running good ? or did it have issues ...

the UGR should of crushed everything.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Daniel Van Hoozer Call Out!