Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Lmr ttg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 11:56 AM
tws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to all
Serious props to LMR for the post response two posts up. That is how real business people do business

Old 07-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Former Vendor
Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Worm Boy
No bad blood. UR builds the baddest lamborghinis in the world. I just wanted to show the world that we can build ANYTHING, including a fully built twin turbo lamborghini that makes over 1000rwhp and still drives like a factory vehicle until you step on the gas.

I promise once we button everything up I will post a build thread showing the complete start to finish pics with what parts were used on this car to make it one of the quickest true street cars on the road today.

And ofcourse, when peter gets his car back from UR, you know my customer will probably want to line them up!!

Thanks man, they are fun cars! Didnt you guys buy a Heffner kit and have Heffners engine builder build the engine? Have fun with it and be safe.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:51 PM
AverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really nice
Originally Posted by Underground Racing
Didnt you guys buy a Heffner kit and have Heffners engine builder build the engine?
UGR talking **** about a (potential) TT lambo competitor?

SHOCKING! lol

Old 07-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Former Vendor
Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AverageJoe
UGR talking **** about a (potential) TT lambo competitor?

SHOCKING! lol

Are you saying Heffner is sh*t? I dont get it. Who is talking sh*t besides you?

Old 07-20-2011, 03:03 PM
AverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really nice
Are you saying Heffner is sh*t? I dont get it. Who is talking sh*t besides you?
lol

Ok so why would you even mention on a public board that you heard that LMR bought a Heffner kit (inferring they copied it?) and is using their engine builder? I think it's pretty obvious, maybe you have an interesting explanation...

Old 07-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor
lol

Ok so why would you even mention on a public board that you heard that LMR bought a Heffner kit (inferring they copied it?) and is using their engine builder? I think it's pretty obvious, maybe you have an interesting explanation...

Why not, is Heffner not a reputable builder? If I ask, if they bought a kit from someone, how is that "inferring they copied it?" maybe you have an interesting explanation, or maybe you are just trying to make this into something that it isn't?

Old 07-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Former Vendor
Worm Boy is infamous around these partsWorm Boy is infamous around these parts
Why not, is Heffner not a reputable builder? If I ask, if they bought a kit from someone, how is that "inferring they copied it?" maybe you have an interesting explanation, or maybe you are just trying to make this into something that it isn't?
Wow, I give you props and you return by posting hear say which you know nothing about. Did u not read that I said I would post a build thread once completed. Yes, I will give Jason props in my build thread once I post it because he did help me on getting parts for this car.
Sounds like someone feels threatened.
I am actually in Michigan at the Gm areodynamics lab doing testing with Gm engineers on a corvette Lmr built, I don't have time to play your high school Internet games.
Your not the only shop that knows how to build turbo kits, and trust me, building this Lambo wasn't rocket science like you make it out to be to everyone.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Former Vendor
[QUOTE=Powell;3264342]Congrats on the build! Did Josh fab. the entire kit himself? If it is anything like Josh's normal work it will be really nice!

Who is doing the tuning on the Motec?[

Ofcourse, all tuning here in house. We tune aem, fast, bigstuff3, proefi, motec, and any other efi systems.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:11 AM
Former Vendor
Wow, I give you props and you return by posting hear say which you know nothing about. Did u not read that I said I would post a build thread once completed. Yes, I will give Jason props in my build thread once I post it because he did help me on getting parts for this car.

All I asked is if you have a Heffner kit and if Heffner's machine shop built your engine and you claim I'm butt hurt? lol. I didn't know it would make you irate just asking a simple question to which I understand to be true. Maybe I was way off base for asking a simple question that you could have easily answered instead of doing everything possible other than answer it directly?

Lets not forget, you called my machine shop to try to get them to build you a Gallardo engine. Once they shut the door on you, you called me and asked to buy a kit from us, and in your own words "You didn't want to figure it our for yourself as it would be much easier to buy from someone that already has it figured out" Maybe it hurt your feelings that I declined also. Sorry if that is the case.
Your not the only shop that knows how to build turbo kits, and trust me, building this Lambo wasn't rocket science like you make it out to be to everyone.

Show me anywhere with a post link where I claimed "building a Gallardo was rocket science". I'm glad you showed the World you could buy a kit and put it on and make some pulls on the dyno. That's no small feat by any means.

If I offended you by asking if you did indeed go with the Heffner system I apologize!

Now that we are past it, have fun with the TT G and cant wait to see how it does on the track and maybe some Vbox #s?

Old 07-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Now that it's painfully obvious to everyone what UGR's intentions were with the initial Heffner comment...

I really don't understand why UGR constantly feels the need to belittle competitors trying to get into the TT G market...Titan, LMR etc.

It just makes them look petty and classless. Let your products do the talking. There's just no reason for it. It's bad business imo and does'nt reflect well on the company.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:42 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Sounds like someone feels threatened.
I am actually in Michigan at the Gm areodynamics lab doing testing with Gm engineers on a corvette Lmr built, I don't have time to play your high school Internet games.
From my perspective, all you needed to do was post the dyno video of the kit (like Kenny did of the Titan kit a few weeks ago) with the title giving credit to the shop who built/designed the kit. Frankly few give a **** and it can be argued that it's better business for you and Heffner to establish a dealer deal anyway.

UGR has been on top for awhile now, knows the inside story of practically every Gallardo touched, and takes a lot of shots as a result. So it's fair for Kevin to post a material (and truthful) point about another shop build that was not disclosed. You guys have built some nice fbody/vettes, and I'm sure whatever market you get into you, could be a successful venture. But the Lambo market, rightly or wrongly, is owned....and the reason why Switzer wisely decided not to go down that road.

Last edited by OhioGT2; 07-21-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:49 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Now that it's painfully obvious to everyone what UGR's intentions were with the initial Heffner comment...

I really don't understand why UGR constantly feels the need to belittle competitors trying to get into the TT G market...Titan, LMR etc.

It just makes them look petty and classless. Let your products do the talking. There's just no reason for it. It's bad business imo and does'nt reflect well on the company.
Nero had it coming....and he knew it. But that whole video and the subsequent threads were taken out of context specific to what was happening that night in TX. I guess if you weren't part of the dynamic and didn't know the behind the scenes story, you could come to the conclusion UGR was threatened, but I don't believe they were. The fact is, Kevin and KC just don't like Nero, and in a pack context, Nero got attacked. I personally like Nero more than I dislike him, but if I were in Kevin's shoes, it would be hard to not have the same reaction. In this business, being 'copied' is not the sincerest form of flattery....

Old 07-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Former Vendor
I didn't start this thread, my customer is enjoying his car with 1000rwhp at the moment. I planned on making an official thread with complete build pics which I stated up above once the customer brings the car back for race gas dyno numbers.
Yes I called other shops to buy parts, why try to reinvent the wheel. No one manufactures all parts in house. Jason(a class guy) was willing to help with parts to make my project build run smoothe and efficient. It only took us 8 weeks to build this project which I thought was pretty good considering it was our first. You will see how our turbo kit differs from others on the market. I do not need to talk about other shops, the performance of my customer vehicles speak for themselves.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:35 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about

agreed... i was rather shocked after reading the UGR "question", especially after the LMR guy complimented them in the thread... i did not expect that sort of comment from UGR, considering they are normally pretty classy.

then to try and play it off like it was just an innocent question.... c'mon guys.... it's pretty clear it was a cheap jab, and not necessary at all.

a classier guy would just laugh to himself and say thanks for the compliment and see ya at the mile

Old 07-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by got_hp?
agreed... i was rather shocked after reading the UGR "question", especially after the LMR guy complimented them in the thread... i did not expect that sort of comment from UGR, considering they are normally pretty classy.

then to try and play it off like it was just an innocent question.... c'mon guys.... it's pretty clear it was a cheap jab, and not necessary at all.

a classier guy would just laugh to himself and say thanks for the compliment and see ya at the mile
Classy is an FD with orange wheels....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lmr ttg