Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

UGR TT Gallardo vs. 12' Nissan GTR (teaser)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 03:09 AM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
How reliable is the info you got about shipping back and forth?

Maybe Peter or Atomic can chime in and tell us the maintanence schedule.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:55 AM
DRAGRADIAL is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3
How reliable is the info you got about shipping back and forth?

Maybe Peter or Atomic can chime in and tell us the maintanence schedule.

Just from reading this website you can see how many times they post about sending there cars back. I was just asking if it was for maintenance or what parts keep breaking at this horsepower level.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:05 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Damn, the dude with the black Murcie at 1:05 got it out of the hole right! lol
he sure did, i was getting ready to post the same thing....

Old 09-12-2011, 09:27 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DRAGRADIAL
Just from reading this website you can see how many times they post about sending there cars back. I was just asking if it was for maintenance or what parts keep breaking at this horsepower level.
i can assure you that they are not breaking . some go back for more upgrades.

as far as i know jamies car hasnt been back to UGR.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:33 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by unvmy996
thought so from what i have heard since being in russia it has never ran right, to many hands in the engine bay...

it just feel like ams is picking on the wounded child and they know it..

Jamie , why dont you offer to run one of their equal GTR's here state side ?
We sent our SR-71 spy plane over Russia two months ago, in addition tapped into our spy network over there doing extensive recon and found the 'wounded' GTT.

We built this car for a customer and all we knew is that he needed by a certain date for the Moscow unlimited. After that it's out of our hands. BTW he's also running a quiet HKS legmax exhaust which is definitely holding back power and also a few other details that the timeline didn't allows us to do is not letting us max out the car. It makes about 1200whp compared to our 1350whp in our shop GTR.

-Martin

Old 09-13-2011, 08:33 AM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AMS
We sent our SR-71 spy plane over Russia two months ago, in addition tapped into our spy network over there doing extensive recon and found the 'wounded' GTT.

We built this car for a customer and all we knew is that he needed by a certain date for the Moscow unlimited. After that it's out of our hands. BTW he's also running a quiet HKS legmax exhaust which is definitely holding back power and also a few other details that the timeline didn't allows us to do is not letting us max out the car. It makes about 1200whp compared to our 1350whp in our shop GTR.

-Martin
Martin ,

guys is a clown.. "Picking on Wounded lambo"

You can't control what is wrong with other people's cars , all you can do is show up and race.. Don't race if something is wrong with the car

Lambo looked and sounded fine to me in the first video on 1050whp..

And that HKS 85mm exhaust is definitely hurting the car, he need a 102mm, that will free up another 50-80whp

Old 09-13-2011, 09:46 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
Also to be clear the only reason we have not run a TTG state side with our ALPHA 12 car is that we simply do not feel comfortable running one on a public road. I have called countless airports trying to acquire a strip to run a TTG owner in Indianapolis (nice guy) as we both feel a street race is a bad idea. So far every single strip I have called has told us they cannot run cars on the runway.

We can rent out a drag strip quite easily but the TTG owners don't seem to want to do that and they want more running room. I don't blame them as drag racing is pretty hard on cars.

Eric

Old 09-13-2011, 09:56 AM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AMS
Also to be clear the only reason we have not run a TTG state side with our ALPHA 12 car is that we simply do not feel comfortable running one on a public road. I have called countless airports trying to acquire a strip to run a TTG owner in Indianapolis (nice guy) as we both feel a street race is a bad idea. So far every single strip I have called has told us they cannot run cars on the runway.

We can rent out a drag strip quite easily but the TTG owners don't seem to want to do that and they want more running room. I don't blame them as drag racing is pretty hard on cars.

Eric
Eric,

will you guys bring Martins car for the TX mile? , I have seen videos where they let cars roll race in those events...

it would be nice to see a line up from 45-180 against UG's Best..

Old 09-13-2011, 01:13 PM
AMS
Former Vendor
Yes we plan on bringing our ALPHA 12 shop car to the mile.

Eric

Old 09-13-2011, 04:21 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Eric, I can completely understand why you wouldn't want to run on the street and I respect that. But I can tell you that Tim is willing and open to run ANYWHERE, he is a gearhead and down for whatever (hell, he just ran a 400+ whp turbo busa).

As for the G in Russia, I don't know much, but I do know they somehow tore up the front diff...then broke a tranny trying to use LC (which they were told not to) and now when UGR wouldn't send them a new billet transmission they sourced the parts elsewhere and I wouldn't be surprised if they break.

I would say the AMS GTR has a 100% chance of victory running from a dig, those cars run HARD from a dig and an e-gear G has no chance.

Peter

Old 09-13-2011, 04:31 PM
AMS
Former Vendor
Peter,Its really a liability thing. Our GT-R is a shop owned vehicle and the legal repercussions that could be taken against us in the event something were to happen would be staggering. That is aside from the fact that as a company it would be a pretty irresponsible thing to do. If we get an airport and can get some legal waivers we are down. Tim seems like a really down to earth guy so no problems there

Regarding the Russian ALPHA 12 vs TTG street race, I have seen the private video and I know the outcome. I obviously was asked not to say anything. I will say it was a roll race (the three runs I saw anyway) and it was the same outcome all three times. The race was close as many expected. They also are slated to rematch again... possibly even before the Moscow unlimited event.

The version of the video I saw apparently they were not happy with so they are re editing it and putting it up in a few days.

Eric

Old 09-13-2011, 05:52 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DRAGRADIAL
Please dont take this the wrong way but I am just curious why you and Peter and other high horsepower TTG's always seem to send their cars back to Underground Racing after racing it a couple times. Is it because they break that often at these hp levels or is it just for tune ups? Im curious just how reliable these cars are at 1500awhp?
My car has never been back to UGR and has had zero issues. The reason I'm sending it back is to store it while I'm living out in CA without much garage space until TX2K12.

Scott is within a days drive of NC, so he's coming up to run it.

Most of the cars coming back are for upgrades. I don't know of a single motor or parts failure other than a couple isolated cases of OEM trans issues.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:55 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dvh
Your can't expect customers of UGR trying to sell their cars to answer that question honestly on a public forum as it wouldn't coincide with the motives of a car sale! I say this from an unbiased perspective of whether there is an issue or not! Just seems like common sense!
Unbiased? You take a shot at UGR every chance you get Daniel. You still salty they thought you were a ******bag and wouldn't sell you a cheap bolt-on kit last year?

Old 09-13-2011, 07:31 PM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice
Originally Posted by AMS
Peter,Its really a liability thing. Our GT-R is a shop owned vehicle and the legal repercussions that could be taken against us in the event something were to happen would be staggering. That is aside from the fact that as a company it would be a pretty irresponsible thing to do. If we get an airport and can get some legal waivers we are down. Tim seems like a really down to earth guy so no problems there

Regarding the Russian ALPHA 12 vs TTG street race, I have seen the private video and I know the outcome. I obviously was asked not to say anything. I will say it was a roll race (the three runs I saw anyway) and it was the same outcome all three times. The race was close as many expected. They also are slated to rematch again... possibly even before the Moscow unlimited event.

The version of the video I saw apparently they were not happy with so they are re editing it and putting it up in a few days.

Eric
Eric, I am ready whenever you guys want to do it. I fully 100% understand and respect you guys not wanting to do it on the street. I'm all for doing it outside of the streets, unfortunately for what we want to do, there's not a lot of options for us . If you do get something setup somewhere just let me know!! Always down for a good, no drama, race!!

Tim

Old 09-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by basupra
Eric, I am ready whenever you guys want to do it. I fully 100% understand and respect you guys not wanting to do it on the street. I'm all for doing it outside of the streets, unfortunately for what we want to do, there's not a lot of options for us . If you do get something setup somewhere just let me know!! Always down for a good, no drama, race!!

Tim
Tim,
First off, awesome car! And Grea job in rowing those gears!

How much HP is your car making on "mid-boost"? When it ran 9.90@160

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.