Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

UGR gallardo vs GT-R AMS Alpha 12! The race, no teaser!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evo25psi
so i guess the GTR won
Not sure. Wish the owner would just let us see the race.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:41 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe heavy traffic run and he doesnt want it posted up.

BTW is this car AWD now? Last time that car was posted up it was RWD due to issues, no?

Couldn't really tell it looked like it hazed the tires on the 1st race on the hit. Maybe I'm just senial.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:29 AM
Perdition is infamous around these parts
Anyone know if the driver of the TTG is brake-boosting?

Old 09-11-2011, 05:47 AM
SVTeveN is infamous around these parts
Epic cars.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Nick K is infamous around these parts
Looks like weight and aerodynamics are a huge factor at high speeds...

Old 09-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nick K
Looks like weight and aerodynamics are a huge factor at high speeds...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3314991

Old 09-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Perdition is infamous around these parts
Saw this on another forum:
"I cannot comment on anything regarding UGR or what they said but when the race went down we were told the outcome and shown the video. The information we got from our ALPHA 12 customer was that the UGR car was indeed on its 1500whp full boost map. We were also told however after the race that the Gallardo was taken to a workshop where they found two "bad" plugs. We don't know what bad means but the Gallardo owner feels his car was not running at its full potential and wanted to not post the video and rematch. We understood his position and honestly didn't expect the video to come out.

The truth is we don't know what the TTG was making, we are just going by what we are told from our customers and dealers in Moscow. From the wheel spin and the audio we have heard it doesn't sound like any kind of misfire was occurring but who knows...we were not there.

Eric"

Old 09-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Perdition
Saw this on another forum:
I believe it. Also heard that the Alpha-12 driver was shifting at 7k rpm (1100 awhp) because he didn't know his redline was actually at 8k rpm.

Full tilt to full tilt is really the only way to run this race, and I expect the TTG to pull up top, consistently. Too much of a HP discrepancy for the GT-R to make up.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:00 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I believe it. Also heard that the Alpha-12 driver was shifting at 7k rpm (1100 awhp) because he didn't know his redline was actually at 8k rpm.

Full tilt to full tilt is really the only way to run this race, and I expect the TTG to pull up top, consistently. Too much of a HP discrepancy for the GT-R to make up.
absolutely agree, there is just a huge variance in hp + the fact that the TTG has better aerodynamics come into play greatly at higher speeds...

Old 09-19-2011, 06:03 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Pretty crazy video. Too many weird things going on to make any sense of it. GTR not able to get into 6th....SL not brake boosting....unreliable accounts of boost levels, etc.

Scott, you and I need need to run our cars side by side asap! You have the fastest customer GTR. I have one of the fastest UGR customer builds. Friend against friend. Let's see what happens!

Old 09-19-2011, 06:07 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ohiogt2
scott, you and i need need to run our cars side by side asap! You have the fastest customer gtr. I have one of the fastest ugr customer builds. Friend against friend. Let's see what happens!
this!!!

Old 09-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by slavik
absolutely agree, there is just a huge variance in hp + the fact that the TTG has better aerodynamics come into play greatly at higher speeds...
Not sure why people think the Gallardo has better aero. Maybe it's the bullet shape?

Regardless, the GT-R is actually more aerodynamic:

2007 Lamborghini Gallardo
Cd 0.34
Frontal area 1.95 meters^2
CdA = 0.663

GT-R
Cd 0.27
Frontal area 2.09 meters^2
CdA 0.564

Old 09-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Pretty crazy video. Too many weird things going on to make any sense of it. GTR not able to get into 6th....SL not brake boosting....unreliable accounts of boost levels, etc.

Scott, you and I need need to run our cars side by side asap! You have the fastest customer GTR. I have one of the fastest UGR customer builds. Friend against friend. Let's see what happens!

Jamie - you know I'm up for it. My only issues are location and convenience. For me, TX2K12 is the perfect time/place. I don't really want to drive 12 hours round-trip to Charlotte to run Kevin in your car. He'll have an entire film crew there, and I don't want to be part of something like that. Running in VA at those speeds is a non-starter as well. Fact is, you're a lot braver than I am when it comes to running anyone, anywhere.

Let's just plan on TX next year. if not against your car; Peter's, Tim's, Bob's or SW's for sure.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Not sure why people think the Gallardo has better aero. Maybe it's the bullet shape?

Regardless, the GT-R is actually more aerodynamic:

2007 Lamborghini Gallardo
Cd 0.34
Frontal area 1.95 meters^2
CdA = 0.663

GT-R
Cd 0.27
Frontal area 2.09 meters^2
CdA 0.564
I was merely basing it off of the shape of the car as you said, but now based on figures I guess I was wrong, although I have experienced that up top the gtr does seem to fall off and part of this I attributed to its aerodynamic drag....

Old 09-19-2011, 07:36 PM
JT3
JT3 is infamous around these partsJT3 is infamous around these parts
The race noise was beautiful...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UGR gallardo vs GT-R AMS Alpha 12! The race, no teaser!