Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

UGR gallardo vs GT-R AMS Alpha 12! The race, no teaser!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slavik
I was merely basing it off of the shape of the car as you said, but now based on figures I guess I was wrong, although I have experienced that up top the gtr does seem to fall off and part of this I attributed to its aerodynamic drag....
I agree, bro. The G simply looks more aerodynamic than the GTR does.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:28 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Jamie - you know I'm up for it. My only issues are location and convenience. For me, TX2K12 is the perfect time/place. I don't really want to drive 12 hours round-trip to Charlotte to run Kevin in your car. He'll have an entire film crew there, and I don't want to be part of something like that. Running in VA at those speeds is a non-starter as well. Fact is, you're a lot braver than I am when it comes to running anyone, anywhere.

Let's just plan on TX next year. if not against your car; Peter's, Tim's, Bob's or SW's for sure.
Where do you plan on racing at TX2k12?

Im confused and maybe I missed it , Jamie trailers his car anywhere to race anyone? why does he not just meet you on your turf and keep it between you 2 and 1 camera?

you should be able to find a place for a quick race from 45-175 ..

Old 09-20-2011, 06:14 AM
mrslay is infamous around these partsmrslay is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vegasGTR
Im confused and maybe I missed it , Jamie trailers his car anywhere to race anyone? why does he not just meet you on your turf and keep it between you 2 and 1 camera?

Jamie - you know I'm up for it. My only issues are location and convenience. For me, TX2K12 is the perfect time/place. I don't really want to drive 12 hours round-trip to Charlotte to run Kevin in your car. He'll have an entire film crew there, and I don't want to be part of something like that. Running in VA at those speeds is a non-starter as well. Fact is, you're a lot braver than I am when it comes to running anyone, anywhere.

Let's just plan on TX next year. if not against your car; Peter's, Tim's, Bob's or SW's for sure.
4char

Old 09-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Where do you plan on racing at TX2k12?
Never been to Houston, huh?

He's offered to come to my turf (VA), and I've declined. Not happening here.

It'll happen in TX against his car or a similar one.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:23 AM
ZO6ER is infamous around these parts
Tx2k12 will be very interesting for sure.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:03 AM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Never been to Houston, huh?
I am Very familar with Houston , I lived there 1982-85 ..

Maybe i was not clear, I was refering to a Closed runway or an event you guys are doing the run.., I know there are some nice open Highway for roll ons.. its still in open traffic..
VA has some nice straights to do a 45-175 pull , the race will last a whole 10 secs at that..

Im sure you Buddy Jamie is going to give you a hard time on not racing , since he called AMS a bunch of Pussies for not racing..

while you say you wont be comfortable with cameras ..be prepared for major video down there..just sayin..

Old 09-20-2011, 10:08 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Scott what happened????? Jamie has told me that he is willing to run you anywhere and help arrange shipping/moving cars...can't ya'll get together any sooner than us having to wait until TX2K12? With all the Russia drama, we sure would like to see a heads up kill vs. kill race against 2 honest guys that happen to know how to drive and be ready for a race of this caliber.

Peter

He's offered to come to my turf (VA), and I've declined. Not happening here.

It'll happen in TX against his car or a similar one.

Last edited by houstonT; 09-20-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:30 AM
VA has some nice straights to do a 45-175 pull , the race will last a whole 10 secs at that..
Do a little research on VA traffic laws before you post comments like that.

Im sure you Buddy Jamie is going to give you a hard time on not racing , since he called AMS a bunch of Pussies for not racing..
Why would he give me a hard time? Unlike AMS, I already said I'd race him on the street. Try paying attention.

while you say you wont be comfortable with cameras ..be prepared for major video down there..just sayin..
Cameras on their own aren't the issue. I'll leave it at that.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Do a little research on VA traffic laws before you post comments like that.

Why would he give me a hard time? Unlike AMS, I already said I'd race him on the street. Try paying attention.

Cameras on their own aren't the issue. I'll leave it at that.
so you will never race anyone in your state? a porsche, ferrari, etc.. pulls up next to you , what are you going to do? wave them bye?

to each their own ...

Old 09-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by houstonT
Scott what happened????? Jamie has told me that he is willing to run you anywhere and help arrange shipping/moving cars...can't ya'll get together any sooner than us having to wait until TX2K12? With all the Russia drama, we sure would like to see a heads up kill vs. kill race against 2 honest guys that happen to know how to drive and be ready for a race of this caliber.

Peter
Jamie is definitely willing to run anywhere, but I'm not.

As I've said numerous times now, I'll run in TX. Heck, you and I might even run if you still have your car then.

You guys all need to relax. Waiting until March isn't going to change anything.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:41 AM
so you will never race anyone in your state? a porsche, ferrari, etc.. pulls up next to you , what are you going to do? wave them bye?

to each their own ...
I'm not saying that at all. But the speeds and space required to properly run his TTG are completely different than what's required for other cars.

If I feel comfortable running someone locally, I will. But if I don't feel comfortable doing something, I'm not going to do it. Period.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:42 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
We can't wait that long!!!!!!!

Will you race in NC? I hear they have some nice concrete straights!

Peter

Jamie is definitely willing to run anywhere, but I'm not.

As I've said numerous times now, I'll run in TX. Heck, you and I might even run if you still have your car then.

You guys all need to relax. Waiting until March isn't going to change anything.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by houstonT
We can't wait that long!!!!!!!

Will you race in NC? I hear they have some nice concrete straights!

Peter
Maybe. Let me get my car back first and see how it feels at full boost on the street and Jamie and I will talk. I'm certainly open to it.

However, if we do it, I want it closer to me. I'm not driving 12 hours round trip to Charlotte for it.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Maybe. Let me get my car back first and see how it feels at full boost on the street and Jamie and I will talk. I'm certainly open to it.

However, if we do it, I want it closer to me. I'm not driving 12 hours round trip to Charlotte for it.
thats more like it

Old 09-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Hell Scott you are a better man than I. If it's more than about 5 minutes from the house that I have no real reason to drive to, I purposely decline due to the fact GT3 seats are way to uncomfortable. LOL! If Matt still lived 15 minutes away the car would go untouched LOL! He's 4 houses down now so things get done even with my laziness!

Can't wait for TX2K12! I'll be offering garage space for that week if anyone wants to keep the cars on the SE side of town. I'm sure my neighbors will love me more than they already do. I mean come on who else doesn't want a neighbor like me?

Name:  49LpM.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  184.1 KB

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UGR gallardo vs GT-R AMS Alpha 12! The race, no teaser!