Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

VIDEO *** Dallas Performance Twin Turbo Gallardo ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 01:42 AM
gandalfthegray has a spectacular aura aboutgandalfthegray has a spectacular aura aboutgandalfthegray has a spectacular aura about
Nice work guys!

Love that someone is finally using E85 in a TTG. Always wondered why so many of them out there and no one taking advantage of the E85.

Curious if you have any concerns for such big whp numbers on stock rods? Most reading I've done over the past few years has people suggesting stock rods are not up to par. I'm in the process of building a bolt on car as well and am a little worried about the stock internals.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:34 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gandalfthegray
Nice work guys!

Love that someone is finally using E85 in a TTG. Always wondered why so many of them out there and no one taking advantage of the E85.

Curious if you have any concerns for such big whp numbers on stock rods? Most reading I've done over the past few years has people suggesting stock rods are not up to par. I'm in the process of building a bolt on car as well and am a little worried about the stock internals.
What are the hp limitations of the stock internals?

Old 11-29-2011, 11:10 AM
gandalfthegray has a spectacular aura aboutgandalfthegray has a spectacular aura aboutgandalfthegray has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by vntperformance
What are the hp limitations of the stock internals?
This is the question I would love to know the answer to.

I know that another owner did more than 4000 miles at approximately 700 whp and never had a problem. Also, I don't know if any bolt on car ever actually failed due to stock internals. Sometimes I wonder if people are spending an extra $25k that they don't need to be.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:13 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Nice video!

Old 11-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Former Vendor
DallasPerformance is just really niceDallasPerformance is just really niceDallasPerformance is just really niceDallasPerformance is just really nice
I put approx 3500 miles on this car at the 800-850whp range. I also made a dozen or so pulls at approx 950whp for fun. No problems yet but I highly doubt it would be very durable at 950whp. The stock rods are not very heavy duty and certainly the weak link.

My advise would be to keep it sub 800whp for longevity and only turn it up when necessary!

Old 11-29-2011, 12:31 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
So there's no muffler?
Absolutely love the center exit exhaust.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DallasPerformance
I put approx 3500 miles on this car at the 800-850whp range. I also made a dozen or so pulls at approx 950whp for fun. No problems yet but I highly doubt it would be very durable at 950whp. The stock rods are not very heavy duty and certainly the weak link.

My advise would be to keep it sub 800whp for longevity and only turn it up when necessary!
Damn, so 1kwhp on E85 w/stock internals isn't doable (reliably)...

Old 11-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor
DallasPerformance is just really niceDallasPerformance is just really niceDallasPerformance is just really niceDallasPerformance is just really nice
Damn, so 1kwhp on E85 w/stock internals isn't doable (reliably)...
I really don't know but I would not want to be the one to find out the hard way. Most people I think will be very happy with 800whp TTG instead of taking the larger risk and running at 1000whp all the time.

The main reason we upped the boost on the dyno to make 1050whp was just to demonstrate that these cars make power easily and to show that the capacity of our fuel system in the stage 1 kit is very large. Sustaining 1050whp on E85 requires similar fuel as 1400whp on petrol.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by vincentdds
So there's no muffler?
Absolutely love the center exit exhaust.
No muffler. The sound is actually very reasonable, not too quiet and not too loud. The video I think portrays it fairly well. It is much more tame than a stock Gallardo with Larini exhaust with cat delete pipes as we just did one of these.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned
I really don't know but I would not want to be the one to find out the hard way. Most people I think will be very happy with 800whp TTG instead of taking the larger risk and running at 1000whp all the time.

The main reason we upped the boost on the dyno to make 1050whp was just to demonstrate that these cars make power easily and to show that the capacity of our fuel system in the stage 1 kit is very large. Sustaining 1050whp on E85 requires similar fuel as 1400whp on petrol.

Absolutly understandable; plus on the dyno there is no real load so no harm/no foul running a 1000+ on the dyno. So would a carillo rod swap take care of the weak link in these motors?

Old 11-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Former Vendor
Absolutly understandable; plus on the dyno there is no real load so no harm/no foul running a 1000+ on the dyno. So would a carillo rod swap take care of the weak link in these motors?
Carrillo does not offer a rod that will fit the tapered small end design of the stock piston. The crankshaft will need to be balanced for the increased rotating mass with a piston/rod upgrade.

The other concern is that the factory Gallardo block is a Nikasil coating design. We would suggest installing iron sleeves for block strength and bore longevity in this application which adds significant costs.

We have a complete forged and sleeved Gallardo longblock that we will be offering to our twin turbo customers on core exchange for an excellent price structure here shortly.

Last edited by DallasPerformance; 11-29-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:20 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gandalfthegray
NLove that someone is finally using E85 in a TTG. Always wondered why so many of them out there and no one taking advantage of the E85.
There is a local MN TTG that has been running E85 for about 7 months now. Be on the lookout.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:39 PM
Banned
Carrillo does not offer a rod that will fit the tapered small end design of the stock piston. The crankshaft will need to be balanced for the increased rotating mass with a piston/rod upgrade.

The other concern is that the factory Gallardo block is a Nikasil coating design. We would suggest installing iron sleeves for block strength and bore longevity in this application which adds significant costs.

We have a complete forged and sleeved Gallardo longblock that we will be offering to our twin turbo customers on core exchange for an excellent price structure here shortly.
Very informative post!!!!

I plan to add a Gallardo to my line up in the very near future & once I do, I def will be giving you folks my business. Not many Gallardo builders I've seen have shared the same info you've posted here, kudos!

Old 11-29-2011, 05:43 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Any plans for the murcie?

Old 11-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Former Vendor
Very informative post!!!!

I plan to add a Gallardo to my line up in the very near future & once I do, I def will be giving you folks my business. Not many Gallardo builders I've seen have shared the same info you've posted here, kudos!
Look forward to it! Much appreciated...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VIDEO *** Dallas Performance Twin Turbo Gallardo ***