Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

An Unlikely Pairing... of AWESOME.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Former Vendor
Derek@MartinoAutoConcepts is infamous around these parts
An Unlikely Pairing... of AWESOME.

There are times in this life when we witness two of the most unlikely things coming together, and when they do- something magical happens.

Although it's not often that this occurs, there are some very notable examples:

-Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Fluff
-Elton John and Eminem
-Beer and 40oz bottles
-Kermit and Ms Piggy
-Tupac and Holograms
-Bacon and well, anything

It wasn't more than three weeks ago that I witnessed yet another example of unlikely awesomeness. Not even a week later, that secret was exposed to the world, and the world agreed- AWESOME.

That secret left Glen Cove at 5:12AM on April 12 2012 and as I watched it drive into the rising sun, with lights and sirens blazing, I couldn't help but think to myself- AWESOME.

It's quite remarkable to see progression. In any and all forms really. This was different. To watch the reality of what was once simply our ideas, ideas dreamed up in the shop board room and then transferred to a computer rendering, actually driving through the streets of Lower Manhattan and the reaction it commanded. This was special. This was... AWESOME.

I must admit, I still ask myself, what the **** were we thinking? I mean, let's get real here- a Lamborghini Fire Truck?? With that said, if ever there was a time for excessive speed to be existent in the arms of modern day society, it'd unquestionably be in the combat of fire.

It is with that idea in mind, that I present to you, the World's first Lamborghini Fire Rapid Response Unit:

Video:

Old 04-26-2012, 07:21 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Looked way better when it was Joeys yellow murci, if this was for a charity or something I can see the purpose... but IMHO, car looks ruined.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:36 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
S.O.S. i need that girl, my pants are burning.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Former Vendor
Derek@MartinoAutoConcepts is infamous around these parts
Thanks to CARBUZZ.com for the coverage!!

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2012/4/1...onder-7708437/

Old 04-26-2012, 06:21 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Rep points to MAC- you guys always seem to surprise and stun the Javitz Center..

Originally Posted by dinorocz
Looked way better when it was Joeys yellow murci, if this was for a charity or something I can see the purpose... but IMHO, car looks ruined.
The Glen Cove FD have a great relationship with MAC by teaming up for local car shows during the spring and summer time. Your entitled to your opinion and Im sure some people think its ruined; but hey you can always peel the wrap off if it gets boring. It looks even better in person, excellent detail and I love the Twin Towers on the side.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:52 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of

Well Glen Cove was occupied by Lambos and fast traffic for sure this week. #occupyglencove

Old 05-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Glen Cove.
Brings back memories. Left the Island a decade ago .. haven't looked back.
Nice job on the Murci. Especially if that's real hand turned gold leaf. That treatment is not cheap.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Banned
Mattym6 is a jewel in the roughMattym6 is a jewel in the roughMattym6 is a jewel in the rough
Great JOB......

Old 05-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Former Vendor
Joe@MartinoAutoConcepts is infamous around these parts
Ok, here is the deal!
Buy Joey's Lambo... what to do? what to do?

For those of you that do not know me, my business is in the Glen Cove area since 1991. I am very involved with the local community & charitable organizations. My company was also being featured again this year at the New York International Auto Show / Dub Tour. I really did not have ideas nor time to do a complete build to make the deadline. After some brainstorming I came up with the Rapid Response Unit to honor the Heroes of the Glen Cove Fire Department that is celebrating 175 years of service to the community June 23, 2012. Matte red vinyl, authentic gold leaf GCFD sheilds, and of course strobe lights & sirens. Now I had to pitch the idea to the City mayor, attorney & GCFD Chief... obviously, they liked it! In addition to being featured at the NYIAS it is also on display every Thursday night at Cruise Night, an event that the GCFD has been running in the downtown business district for the past few years. As for the HRE Wheels, I was contacted by the company as soon as they got word about the project. HRE wanted to have the Vintage 454 featured on the build, the wheels were shipped overnight to make the NYIAS.
BTW, I love the wheels.

Original Concept I had in mind:

Reality:

Until the next project... my work is done