Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Congrats to Bill&TAG for winning the Texas Invitational with the Underground Racing T

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 09:00 AM
RCC
RCC is infamous around these parts
I would like to start by saying congrats to UGR for winning and to all the other participants that made the trip. There were some truly awesome machines there.

As part of the TSS operation I am responsible for the start light and laying out the airfield for the most part. It is very hard to find the happy medium on acceleration and braking when you are dealing with limited space. The airfield at Caddo Mills is 4000 ft long. On the Saturday test there was 350ft from the starting line to the green zone, the green zone was 210ft, then there was 1500ft of acceleration and 1500ft of shut down. I understand that adds up to 3560ft and not 4000, but FAA regualtions forces some setback I tried talking to most of the fast guys to get their opinions on what adjustments needed to be made. I heard the request for more pacing area and more stopping area.

So on Sunday I extended the starting line to green zone area by 50ft and pulled the finish line back almost 100ft.

So the the rough measurements for Sunday were-

Starting line to green zone- 400ft
Green zone remained the same at- 210ft
Acceleration area was- 1350ft
Stopping area was- 1600ft

I am always open for suggestions as letting the cars run safely to their max potential is our goal.

As far as finding a longer runway goes, it is very difficult to find an airfield that will facilitate that and get FAA approval, trust me I know, we contacted no less than 100 runways.

If you suggestions let me know please as everyone having fun and being safe is what this event is all about.

Once again congrats UGR and and to Bill/Tag, I hope we see everyone there again later this year.

RC

Old 05-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Shadowboost is infamous around these parts
All this insane stuff that UGR is developing, it is simply incredible. There is still so much more potential, and then throw in a little Aventador spice. Damn. I'm sure we'll also eventually see some Stage 3 Race versions in the future once the chassis, drivetrain and tuning (maybe even some aero) are fully dialed in.

Exciting times

Last edited by Shadowboost; 05-02-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:59 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Not any safer....from what I hear, maybe less so.
it was good enough for a 257 run

Old 05-02-2012, 03:08 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
We have seen what a stage 3 R can do interns of power, correct me if I am wrong...

They are almost to 2000 whp, that was the orange gallardo that crashed at the texas mile a few years ago. We did not see what it can actually do, but given the results from the other stages, it would probably destroy the competition!

Do you guys have any data in terms of 60-130, 100-150 from the UGR cars?

The AMS car did an amazing 2.68 sec for the 100-150 mph which is simply insane!!! How did the UGR cars perform?

Last edited by kouzman; 05-02-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Former Vendor
Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !Underground Racing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kouzman
We have seen what a stage 3 R can do interns of power, correct me if I am wrong...

They are almost to 2000 whp, that was the orange gallardo that crashed at the texas mile a few years ago. We did not see what it can actually do, but given the results from the other stages, it would probably destroy the competition!

Do you guys have any data in terms of 60-130, 100-150 from the UGR cars?

The AMS car did an amazing 2.68 sec for the 100-150 mph which is simply insane!!! How did the UGR cars perform?

Our best 60-130 is 3.04 but not sure what we did at the event. I think the fastest 100-150 we checked was 2.77 but we normally dont watch that. Our best 130-180 is 3.0

Old 05-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Got-Busa? is a jewel in the roughGot-Busa? is a jewel in the roughGot-Busa? is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Mullet
You guys that are debating other airfields need to know one thing.......

All the ones you guys have suggested DO NOT ALLOW side by side racing on them.

Is this a local aiport authority restriction or FAA?

Originally Posted by DarrinB
it was good enough for a 257 run

That doesn't mean it was safe and without incident...

Several people have had problems at the new track.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Underground Racing
Our best 60-130 is 3.04 but not sure what we did at the event. I think the fastest 100-150 we checked was 2.77 but we normally dont watch that. Our best 130-180 is 3.0
WOooooooooooooooooW!!!
What about 200-300kmh ( 124.5-186.5mph ) ?

Old 05-02-2012, 04:50 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Our best 130-180 is 3.0
Ok, now that's an insane time!

I can't even imagine being a passenger at such acceleration rate!

Amazing stuff!!!

Old 05-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
60-180 in 6.04 (2 different runs combined)

Old 05-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Shadowboost is infamous around these parts
And a lot faster stuff is already on the way... Crazy!!!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:29 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
A huge congrats to Bill, Tag and UGR!!!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Deespeed99 is infamous around these parts
I think the fastest 100-150 we checked was 2.77 but we normally dont watch that. Our best 130-180 is 3.0
Are both of these from standing MPH starts or from 60-180 roll on's?

Old 05-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Mullet
60-180 in 6.04 (2 different runs combined)

That's unbelievable!!!!!

Old 05-03-2012, 11:28 AM
P-car Fan is infamous around these parts
What a great event; congrats to UGR for the win!
It would be great if something like this could take place in FL sometime. Is the airfield in Collier county not being used for mile runs any more?

Old 05-03-2012, 01:50 PM
v10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to allv10brat is a name known to all
Thank you for the kind words guys !

I would like to start off by thanking Kevin for his patience in dealing with me for the last six or so years . I have been pestering him about building a TTG since they were prototyping their first one . I must have called that poor bastard 50 plus times and picked his brian as little as it is promising him I would build one . Well six years later here we are Kevin helped me find and build my 08 Griglo telesto Superleggera "Jane doe" .

Next stop TI event Kevin ,KC, Matt and the rest of the UGR guys delivered not only what they had said they would, but a car in everyway that has far surpassed my expectations . The UGR Lambos are fast works of art . I have had a ton of fast cars over the years vipers,Supras and porsches .The quality of workmanship on this car is only exceeded by its ability to push your eyeballs back into your skull . For those who have not experienced one of these it is like driving a 9 second drag car at the strip on slicks when in actuallity you are on street tires on a regular road . Brutal acceleration for a street car !!

Under the hood UGR has a very simple and well engineered TT kit along with flawless attention to detail .I'm a stickler for perfection and there is not one sratch or dent anywhere inside the engine bay . You would look at it and swear its all OEM .

I got to meet john Reed who tunes all the UGR cars a very down to earth regular guy . Thank you for all your help this weekend John the car is a monster .

We took the car To the TI initational event and won the King of the street race with my buddy Tag "the real Stig " Marlow taking driving honors (Tag is looking for paying sponsers LOL ! ) .UGR also had Bob Helms, Peter's SW's and Jamie Carters cars there too . These cars looked amazing under the hoods and prefored really well through the weekend .Other than that The AMS car performed very well and is one fast ***** as is the 1 percent Viper ! Devil Dawg ,Old Betz , Mullet , Thiago ran consistantly well as did the Silver Poromotive porsche and Rheza's T1 GTR .

Special thanks to Amar ,his wife , Hector ,RC and the rest of the crew for making this event happen . A great day of racing with UGR taking top honors .

Bill

afterthoughts :
Jamie Carter has got to be the least bull****ting racer of all time .Great time hanging out with you man !

Porsche > Mullet

As some of you that wanted to know who owned "Jane Doe" it's Bills Superleggera from Houston. Tag drove it at the event and did a great job with driving the 1550 WHP Underground Racing Superleggera. Its crazy that it was his first time even driving the car! Huge thanks to Bill for letting us build this beast for him. We will start getting some videos out soon.

Wanted to also thank Amar and his crew for putting this event on.

Last edited by v10brat; 05-03-2012 at 01:53 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Congrats to Bill&TAG for winning the Texas Invitational with the Underground Racing T