Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

How does UR put 1,200 BHP into a car without losing traction?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Monzsta is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by e46m3smg
What is boost by gear guys I'm not really familiar with that.
It allows you to select a boost level for each gear. Say, if you know the car will blow the tires away in 3rd at 1500 hp, you can dial it back to 1300 in third, then have 1500 in 4th, 1750 in 5th, 1932 in 6th...

Old 05-12-2012, 03:03 PM
e46m3smg is infamous around these partse46m3smg is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Monzsta
It allows you to select a boost level for each gear. Say, if you know the car will blow the tires away in 3rd at 1500 hp, you can dial it back to 1300 in third, then have 1500 in 4th, 1750 in 5th, 1932 in 6th...
1932 horsepower Jesus Christ a street car with that much power it's incredible.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:55 AM
DBoxer is infamous around these parts
Anybody know what tires these insane cars are running?

Anything over 900WHP is just crazy.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Underground Racing
Its a combination of things, some of which we cant talk about. We can put down 1500+ whp in 4th gear. Depending on the road, we can put near that much down in 3rd gear. Street tires, not drag radials.
Ha! So that's where the magic comes in!

Old 05-13-2012, 08:36 AM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
i am curious why the Motec traction control is not used... I would assume that it can adapt even better than boost by gear...

I think it uses the abs sensors or new sensors and adjusts variables like timing, boost, etc to have maximum traction at all times. This is F1 technology which Motec has...

Also they should setup this pit limiter like the AMS Alpha Omega... Instead of trying to boost brake which is quite difficult in my opinion, hold the car with electronics at a steady speed and when releasing the button to slingshot the car!

Maybe John Reed can chime in.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:36 AM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
Are you sure motec on these doesnt use traction control?

Old 05-15-2012, 08:52 AM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
^ from the sound of it I don't think they do...

But the tuner is the most appropriate person to answer, or one of the owners.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:58 AM
greysleeper is infamous around these parts
Toyo R888's, oversized tyres, AWD, less boost in launching gears, clever stuff!

Old 05-19-2012, 05:04 AM
HassaanAbdeen is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Underground Racing
Its a combination of things, some of which we cant talk about. We can put down 1500+ whp in 4th gear. Depending on the road, we can put near that much down in 3rd gear. Street tires, not drag radials.
Are you saying there's nothing can be done for a Balboni or recent LP 550-2 to put the power down in case one opted for your kit?

Old 05-19-2012, 06:17 AM
bmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by HassaanAbdeen
Are you saying there's nothing can be done for a Balboni or recent LP 550-2 to put the power down in case one opted for your kit?
It has been done already, check YouTube for a video of an LP1000-2

Old 05-19-2012, 06:27 AM
HassaanAbdeen is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bmwtek
It has been done already, check YouTube for a video of an LP1000-2
Thank you

This brings me to the original question of this thread, how can this power be put down without 4WD?

One of the reasons that I'm asking is that I'm considering a 2012 LP 550-2 and I'm worried it will be just noise and wheel spin. Another reason is that my TPC Porsche fails to put the 620HP down... Much goes in wheel spin especially in low gears.

Last edited by HassaanAbdeen; 05-19-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:07 AM
bmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the roughbmwtek is a jewel in the rough
Thank you

This brings me to the original question of this thread, how can this power be put down without 4WD?

One of the reasons that I'm asking is that I'm considering a 2012 LP 550-2 and I'm worried it will be just noise and wheel spin. Another reason is that my TPC Porsche fails to put the 620HP down... Much goes in wheel spin especially in low gears.
Good luck with your decision, I would love to be able to purchase a Lamborghini during sometime of my life. Underground Racing uses a sophisticated ecu program called Boost by gear, this allows certain amounts of power available at the wheels in each gear, this allows the maximum amount of power without any traction loss. You will not be disappointed with UGR's work, and a LP550-2 with 1xxx hp would not be a problem.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:38 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Another reason is that my TPC Porsche fails to put the 620HP down... Much goes in wheel spin especially in low gears.
Get an AWD 911 with the right tires and it'll hook all day long.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Get an AWD 911 with the right tires and it'll hook all day long.
How long before we see you pick up an AWD Lamborghini to your garage?

Old 05-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmwtek
How long before we see you pick up an AWD Lamborghini to your garage?

when he gets enough HP to finally break loose the tires on his Porsche.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How does UR put 1,200 BHP into a car without losing traction?