Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo in snow? 911 4s do it all the time???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 01:13 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
Gallardo in snow? 911 4s do it all the time???

Now that the prices for the 07-08 Gallardos are dropping I have been thinking of getting one as my "other" car.

I drive an Aston Martin V12Vantage in the summer and I track an Audi TT RS in the summer months and daily drive it in the winter months.

Last week I drove my friends R8 V10 on the track and it was fantastic, it made me crave a Gallardo again, but I'm not selling the Vantage.

People drive 911 4S's and R8's all through the winter (in downtown Toronto. Not too much snow) SOOOOO...

Is it possible (for the more hard core) to drive a Gallardo like a Porsche or R8? I'm thinking about people who live in the city (Chicago, NY, Toronto etc)

Is it a crazy idea now that the prices have come down?

Old 08-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Just type the name "Jon Olsson" into google.

These are just a few of his cars, and yes, he daily drives them all winter long from location to location all over Europe in the winter.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:01 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I did see those, but is it really practical? Any Sweedes out there?

Old 08-28-2012, 09:40 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
the issue with gallardo is the wider tires make it harder to grip in the snow. also, the low clearance

Old 08-29-2012, 10:06 AM
I live right downtown, so I don't even HAVE to drive. We don't get many days of deep snow. Most "snow days" are an inch or so at best (similar to NYC or Chicago) and it does not last on the roads.

The tire widths would be an issue, but a 911 4S would have the same issue. The Porsche does have the advantage of all that far weight.

I'm always curious because you see people go through winters in their C63 AMG's, M class BMW's etc. I can't imagine those are any better, but they cost less and don't get the same stares.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:02 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
You can run a Continental DWS in the stock 235/295 sizing and the tires will get you around OK if you want to stay in an all season. Pirelli and Dunlop both make great snows also. It can be done!

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 08-30-2012, 12:27 AM
BartonLorry is infamous around these parts
That was very astounding. It was looking great.

immobilier international

Old 08-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Fifthgear did a bit on it. Here's the link:

Old 09-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Mixtape is infamous around these parts
Always been a fan of Olsson's antics.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by white out
This makes zero sense.

Yes, wider tires are not optimal for snow vs. skinny tires. So if anyone wants to go racing in snow, swapping to a small brake kit and skinny tire would be beneficial. But OE sized snow tires are going to have more than enough traction in snow to be fine in ANY condition for a Gallardo.

Clearance for snow. . . With the exception of SUV's & trucks, any car is going to plow snow in a blizzard. The AWD of the Gallardo is going to have more of an effect than the low clearance.

On Pzeros, my Murci was fine in a snow storm, on the highway.

Nick
haha thats what your my hero Nick! and to the OP, Roy Cats of Cats exotics talks about how he drives his Murci SV in the snow of WA... if you can drive a murci there you can drive a G anywhere.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:27 PM
OldTownNews is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Just type the name "Jon Olsson" into google.

These are just a few of his cars, and yes, he daily drives them all winter long from location to location all over Europe in the winter.

The second one is sick! Reminds me of Batmobile...

Old 09-14-2012, 05:51 PM
SebringSilver is infamous around these parts
You can definitely drive a Gallardo in the snow (provided you don't have more than, say, 3 inches of it). The tire/wheel specs are identical to the R8's, and as mentioned, both Pirelli and Dunlop make tires that fit the OEM wheels for both the Gallardo and the R8.

I've driven my R8 (V8) on the Pirelli Sottozero winter tires and unless there is a LOT of snow on the ground, it's absolutely fine.