6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Lamborghini (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini-41/)
-   -   TTG Vs other Platforms on the street (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini/287815-ttg-vs-other-platforms-street.html)

snakebitten 10-14-2012 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mullet (Post 3664381)
He was a little ahead at the hit. No excuses, he got me.

Respect. Your cars seem so close in speed that Id suspect you'd both be swapping wins in rematches...That is unless somebody is sandbagging:) But that's kind of hard to believe with 180+mph speeds from both of you.

Mullet 10-14-2012 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by iBoost (Post 3664414)
Do you have carbon-ceramics? Maybe the brakes seem worse because the TTG is going a decent amount faster in the same distance?:)

I might put carbons on the front.

Originally Posted by snakebitten (Post 3664429)
Respect. Your cars seem so close in speed that Id suspect you'd both be swapping wins in rematches...That is unless somebody is sandbagging:) But that's kind of hard to believe with 180+mph speeds from both of you.

we were both all in.

On Sunday mine was tweaked juuust a little and it was spinning in third but I keept it pinned, shifted and it would slightly spin and REALLY pull HARD. 4-6 it was putting down all 1550+ and felt like it. the pavement out there is the grippest I and just about anyone has even been on (aside from a prepped 1/4).

Shadowboost 10-14-2012 09:07 PM

So, would you say the car was running a bit faster due to the tweaks on Sunday? Would drag radials let you hook in third immediately after warming them up a little?

- side note, will you get the new turbos that UGR hinted that they were testing, with the build revving to 10000 rpm? ;)

Mr. Hollywood 10-14-2012 09:33 PM

It's obvious that other platforms can give the TTG a run for it's money.
I can think of 3 platforms that proved it this weekend...GTR, Viper, Pcar, etc.

iBoost 10-14-2012 09:57 PM

Anyone have any videos? And or who won/lost?

Berto670 10-15-2012 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Shadowboost (Post 3664832)
So, would you say the car was running a bit faster due to the tweaks on Sunday? Would drag radials let you hook in third immediately after warming them up a little?

- side note, will you get the new turbos that UGR hinted that they were testing, with the build revving to 10000 rpm? ;)

what are you talking about?

Memphis 10-15-2012 01:48 AM

So this was the finale? I know the red vette rolls out pretty hard (155+ traps I think?) but the LMR Vette.... wow.

Mullet 10-15-2012 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Memphis (Post 3664931)
So this was the finale? I know the red vette rolls out pretty hard (155+ traps I think?) but the LMR Vette.... wow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgvLqnDjJ0o

that wasn't the final.

Mullet 10-15-2012 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Hollywood (Post 3664843)
It's obvious that other platforms can give the TTG a run for it's money.
I can think of 3 platforms that proved it this weekend...GTR, Viper, Pcar, etc.

I think the Lambos have a little homework to do in tire selection for next time. I'm speaking for me and my car as I was having traction issues in third gear.

my mph this weekend in the G

193 (first pull on Saturday when timing lights were off by 8-9mph).
179 (spin in third)
176 (spin in third)

MannschaftQ8 10-15-2012 04:02 AM

I believe this is the final race

LMR TT Vette TEJANO BLUE vs T1 GTR
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=m...&v=zkGYlhXexQk

snakebitten 10-15-2012 05:13 AM

Was that LMR Vette a full weight streetcar like the GTR, Vipers, GTT's? Seems a bit out of place in a "King of the Street" race if it isn't.

Reminds me of Motor Trend best handling street car test with Vipers , Lambos etc on street tires. Then they included a Mosler MT900 with slicks and declared it the winner lol. Deffinately not apples to apples once you bring in a ringer.

Maybe they should make some set rules just for the sake of parity to some degree.

300 10-15-2012 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by snakebitten (Post 3664961)
Was that LMR Vette a full weight streetcar like the GTR, Vipers, GTT's? Seems a bit out of place in a "King of the Street" race if it isn't...............Maybe they should make some set rules just for the sake of parity to some degree.

I knew this is what people would say.

A couple of weeks ago I predicted this kind of outcome was within the realm of possibilities when a lot of people were touting the GTT's as being invincible on the street.

Now it's "oh, that was a race car.........." LOL!

Now the GTT owners have the knowlege that there just may be something out there that can hand them their ass!

I am sure the GTT's are more streetable than the LMR Vette with the power glide, but what about Hollywood's SRT-10 Viper that is full weight with AC and a 6-speed? He pretty soundly beat Mullet even though he started out a bit ahead. From the Mullet cam, it appeared he held his own if not pulled Mullet by a touch to the end of the track. Congrats to Kelly Martin!

CAn anybody give me the breakdown of the eliminations and who ended up getting what place down the line? Thanks!

snakebitten 10-15-2012 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by 300 (Post 3665049)
I knew this is what people would say.

A couple of weeks ago I predicted this kind of outcome was within the realm of possibilities when a lot of people were touting the GTT's as being invincible on the street.

Now it's "oh, that was a race car.........." LOL!

Now the GTT owners have the knowlege that there just may be something out there that can hand them their ass!

I am sure the GTT's are more streetable than the LMR Vette with the power glide, but what about Hollywood's SRT-10 Viper that is full weight with AC and a 6-speed? He pretty soundly beat Mullet even though he started out a bit ahead. From the Mullet cam, it appeared he held his own if not pulled Mullet by a touch to the end of the track. Congrats to Kelly Martin!

CAn anybody give me the breakdown of the eliminations and who ended up getting what place down the line? Thanks!

Boy did you totally get me wrong. I don't care which platform wins this I do like them all.:) I don't think any car guy with a brain thought that cars like Vette's/Vipers/Supras couldn't be competitive with the GTT's. We all knew that it was just a matter of time until the combination was found for some of the RWD platforms. After all the Vipers especially were making 1500-2000+hp and doing 7's and 8's, full weight, 4-5 years ago and still are the cars to beat in the 1/4 mile.

I'm just wondering about if the Vette is a stripped down race car like I read or a typical full weight car that runs these KOTS races. The tranny part doesn't bother me just if its a gutted shell masquerading as a "streetcar". Shouldn't it matter if the car is a true street car or not in a race titled King of the Street? You know what Ill bow out of this convo as I don't want to take away from the event and turn this into what its not. I know where you are coming from 300 and I agree with your assessment but Im not one of those guys that thinks that way....I'm simple interested in the purity of the sport. Just a car dude thinking out loud...

300 10-15-2012 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by snakebitten (Post 3665069)
Boy did you totally get me wrong. I don't care which platform wins this I do like them all.:) I don't think any car guy with a brain thought that cars like Vette's/Vipers/Supras couldn't be competitive with the GTT's. We all knew that it was just a matter of time until the combination was found for some of the RWD platforms. After all the Vipers especially were making 1500-2000+hp and doing 7's and 8's, full weight, 4-5 years ago and still are the cars to beat in the 1/4 mile.

I'm just wondering about if the Vette is a stripped down race car like I read or a typical full weight car that runs these KOTS races. The tranny part doesn't bother me just if its a gutted shell masquerading as a "streetcar". Shouldn't it matter if the car is a true street car or not in a race titled King of the Street? You know what Ill bow out of this convo as I don't want to take away from the event and turn this into what its not. I know where you are coming from 300 and I agree with your assessment but Im not one of those guys that thinks that way....I'm simple interested in the purity of the sport. Just a car dude thinking out loud...

Snake, I just hapened to see your post and instead of multi-quoting over 100 posts and saying I told you so, I just quoted yours.

If you are not one of those guys, I apologize!

Peace out and have a great day!

Mullet 10-15-2012 09:10 AM

The LMR vette is a full weight car. We will get some street vids with it and my G sooner or later.