6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Lamborghini (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini-41/)
-   -   TTG Vs other Platforms on the street (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/lamborghini/287815-ttg-vs-other-platforms-street.html)

snakebitten 10-15-2012 09:41 AM

No worries 300.

Thx for the info Mullet. Im glad to hear the Vette is a full weight car. On another forum I read that it was a gutted race car hence my post above. I probably should have made sure before I posted. Congrats to all involved. Its great to see so many platforms doing so well. It adds to the excitement. Now you cant take any platform for granted. Once you got someone willing to put money and expertise into platform x, its gonna be competitive. Its nice to see RWD making some noise again.

onebadsuperg 10-15-2012 09:48 AM

So what was the big deal on not putting a time slip up of Peaks car? I mean clearly if there was one up; the gtrs, vette and vipers prolly of wouldn't showed up. LOL

300 10-15-2012 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by onebadsuperg (Post 3665144)
So what was the big deal on not putting a time slip up of Peaks car? I mean clearly if there was one up; the gtrs, vette and vipers prolly of wouldn't showed up. LOL

I'm with you.

I think when they posted the time slip from the 7.98 at 183 MPH Viper a few years back, there were a few drag racing experts that picked it apart insinuating the run or slip was somehow fake.

Maybe they don't want to have people questioning the validity of the 8.35 at 181 pass like people have done in the past.

I think the time slip now is irrelevant at this point as there were 3 platforms at the latest Texas Invitational that soundly beat the GTT's from UR.

Other tuners and platforms have upped the bar and this is a great thing!

v10tt 10-15-2012 11:24 AM

Maybe the cost to mod one of those lambos will come down now....

300 10-15-2012 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by v10tt (Post 3665251)
Maybe the cost to mod one of those lambos will come down now....

Interesting

Or it could mean another $50,000.00 to $100,000.00 of modifications to 'Go to the next level' to be able to compete. Not necessarily bad for UR's bank account.

I am sure their customers could afford it.

Worm Boy 10-15-2012 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mullet (Post 3665103)
The LMR vette is a full weight car. We will get some street vids with it and my G sooner or later.

Thank you for letting everyone know Joels blue Corvette is a full weight(3800lb) True street car that is Taged, Inspected with A/C, radio, and power steering. A lot more than I can say about other cars at this event.

It was great seeing your lambo run Mullet. The trap speeds you UGR cars were running shows the horsepower. Just incredible.

Congrats to Hollywood for the kill. Its nice seeing another RWD car do work. :)

snakebitten 10-15-2012 01:10 PM

[sarcasm]Maybe UR will start working on Vipers again lol. [/sarcasm]

Just kidding. It will be interesting to see how UR responds at the next KOTS. The competition has really stepped up and I'm sure they will too.

t2gallardo 10-15-2012 01:14 PM

LMR TTVette Tejano Blue - got the highest trap for the day/event - everyone needs to be aware of this. Highest trap on Sunday 191mph on Sat 209mph - including with the clock off we still hit 200 trap speed.

LMR TTVette Tejano Blue - Won three events: TI - OCT 2012
Corvette Shootout
KOTS - King of the Streets
Highest Trap Speed of the Entire Event

We arrived, did work and then left. See you guys next yr.

Pizzamangtr 10-15-2012 01:16 PM

There were others in attendance that would tend to disagree at street car. How did you throw another 700lbs on that car? Lol! My c6z wieghed in at 3312 with my fat but in it. Mine had nav ect.

300 10-15-2012 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pizzamangtr (Post 3665371)
There were others in attendance that would tend to disagree at street car. How did you throw another 700lbs on that car? Lol! My c6z wieghed in at 3312 with my fat but in it. Mine had nav ect.

Turbo system, full roll cage + Driver could be what he's talking about.

Worm Boy 10-15-2012 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pizzamangtr (Post 3665371)

Have you not seen this corvette? Its on 08 base model Corvette with Z06 fender kit on it. Car still has ALL factory components plus A LOT of turbo kit. The turbos are mounted in the rear(a lot of piping running from front to back for both hot and cold side). The Ice box alone is an additional 100lbs depending on how much Ice/Water we add. The only reason we put a parachute on it is because the event staff made us after our first hit. We didnt even have a parachute cable, we had to rig one up so we could be safe.

We made the most passes out of any car there(over 15) and all passes were over 180mph. This is a true street car that gets driven to local car meets all the time and will be at the next cars and coffee in Houston.

AtomicZ 10-15-2012 01:39 PM

Big congrats to LMR!

This is why we run the races and all the bench racing is just a bunch of BS and a waste of time.

Competition is good for all of us regardless of which platform we personally drive or prefer.

AverageJoe 10-15-2012 01:45 PM

I am very surprised the UGR cars didn't fare better.

Did they have mechanical issues? Traction issues?

I figured they would have a major advantage (mostly traction) over the big HP rwd cars...vettes, vipers etc.

Pizzamangtr 10-15-2012 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Worm Boy (Post 3665393)
Have you not seen this corvette? Its on 08 base model Corvette with Z06 fender kit on it. Car still has ALL factory components plus A LOT of turbo kit. The turbos are mounted in the rear(a lot of piping running from front to back for both hot and cold side). The Ice box alone is an additional 100lbs depending on how much Ice/Water we add. The only reason we put a parachute on it is because the event staff made us after our first hit. We didnt even have a parachute cable, we had to rig one up so we could be safe.

We made the most passes out of any car there(over 15) and all passes were over 180mph. This is a true street car that gets driven to local car meets all the time and will be at the next cars and coffee in Houston.

I know which car it is. Very impressed. If it has all that is said, hands down a badass car! And well deserved win. Congrats! I followed this build. Very impressed. Are you using the pro efi traction control? We have a 1100hp supra with pro efi and traction control and works flawlessly ! Even when the line from the waste gate blows off! :)
http://www.lsxtv.com/news/video-lmrs...p-on-the-dyno/

300 10-15-2012 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by AverageJoe (Post 3665420)
I am very surprised the UGR cars didn't fare better.

Did they have mechanical issues? Traction issues?

I figured they would have a major advantage (mostly traction) over the big HP rwd cars...vettes, vipers etc.

There were more than 1 UR cars there. They can't all have had the same issues.

The GTR platform that, in the past lost to UR top end packages, came out on top this time.

A couple weeks ago I posted I thought higher powered RWD platforms could be competitive, many members here thought I was nuts. Props to LMR and Mr. Hollywood to throw it down and represent the RWD platforms!